Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iTunes problem getting CD track names..

• 20-11-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi
    When I upload tracks from a CD into iTunes it wont get the cd names from the net .... all connectivity is fine and i ran the diagnostics and everything is ok ...
    i can dl podcasts ok so thats more evidence for it not being a connectivity problem.

when i choose Advanced->Get CD Track names .. it flashes up Accessing Gracenote CDDB .. and then nothing ... no error message .. no failed message .. just nothing and the tracks are still listed as track 1, track2 .. etc under unknown artist ..

is there another way of getting track names quickly , another dB to use ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Whats the CD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

CD is Oasis Stop the clocks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Go to Edit->preferences->General.

Tick the Automatically retrieve CD Track names from the internert

If its ticked, tick it on and off. This might re set it.

Close and open itunes and try again. I'm running itunes 8.2.0.20 and the play button is funny sometimes. If in doubt, plug it out or restart!!!

Advertisement