Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

• 11-02-2021 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭

Possibly worth having a chat thread for some of the stuff posted on the bargains thread. Anyway, in relation to this:
    Aristotle wrote: »
    Amazon Essentials Men's 2-Pack Slim-fit Crewneck T-Shirt, Pack of 2 - £4.04+ depending on size.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YF1X9R4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sa-no-redirect=1&th=1&psc=1

Even at that price not worth the money. Took a chance on them around Christmas and have never worn them other than to try them on. The fabric is quite heavy for a t-shirt, but the main issue is that the fit is terrible, particularly around the shoulders. They're cheap for a reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,144 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Zaph wrote: »
    Possibly worth having a chat thread for some of the stuff posted on the bargains thread. Anyway, in relation to this:

Even at that price not worth the money. Took a chance on them around Christmas and have never worn them other than to try them on. The fabric is quite heavy for a t-shirt, but the main issue is that the fit is terrible, particularly around the shoulders. They're cheap for a reason.

I know it it says slim fit.
    I take it that means you found them tight?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I know it it says slim fit.
    I take it that means you found them tight?

No, the shoulders stuck out like I was wearing 80s style shoulder pads under them. That was for regular fit btw, but I wouldn't be confident that the slim fit would be any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Whoo hoo we have a chat thread in the same forum as the bargain thread. Wonders will never cease to amaze me:)

Anyway. I tried the glass cleaner, didn't get the 30% discount voucher

Zaph wrote: »

I actually have them myself from a previous order and find them grand. I'd put them at an equal par to the similarly prices t-shirts in Penneys so it's good alternative option for those who would usually buy such t-shirts but can't right now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I actually have them myself from a previous order and find them grand. I'd put them at an equal par to the similarly prices t-shirts in Penneys so it's good alternative option for those who would usually buy such t-shirts but can't right now.

Maybe the slim fit ones are a bit better. It's a pity because I usually buy t-shirts quite similar to them and I thought I was on to a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m fcuking broke over that prime bargains thread. 2 deliveries a day for the last 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,144 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Gumbo wrote: »
    I’m fcuking broke over that prime bargains thread. 2 deliveries a day for the last 2 weeks!

That one click button makes it so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

My loo roll arrived today and even though my default is set to Amazon packaging it was a clear big plastic bag. The delivery man looked at me funny when he handed it over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I got the presto washing pods

Amazing value they certainly do the job well

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

In the AZ bargain threads when a poster says something is say 13.99 and you click the link then it comes up as say 17.99 has the price just gone up or am i missing something, as it seems to be happening even with newly posted bargains?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I got that with the zeiss spray

vicwatson wrote: »
    In the AZ bargain threads when a poster says something is say 13.99 and you click the link then it comes up as say 17.99 has the price just gone up or am i missing something, as it seems to be happening even with newly posted bargains?

When you go to checkout it removes the UK VAT so the price drops

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Caranica wrote: »
    My loo roll arrived today

did you hold it in all this time :confused:

It's alright, I am well stocked.

I always think that if I lived in America I'd be one of the coupon folk with a decent stockpile. Bulk buying on Amazon is as close as we get to a bargain here.

Gumbo wrote: »

I'll relieve you of half your pain. I'll pm you my address to add to your account :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bit disappointed with value AMZ is posting on the parcels, it is the full retail value so not reflective of the ex-Vat price.
    Borderline parcels could be needlessly pulled for VAT payments which we will not pay as VAT is payable on amount paid and not declared value.

AMZ also shipped 5 separate orders on mine in the one box yesterday, was just over the limit but let through to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

slave1 wrote: »
    Bit disappointed with value AMZ is posting on the parcels, it is the full retail value so not reflective of the ex-Vat price.
    Borderline parcels could be needlessly pulled for VAT payments which we will not pay as VAT is payable on amount paid and not declared value.

AMZ also shipped 5 separate orders on mine in the one box yesterday, was just over the limit but let through to the house.

They wont be stopped, they're doing their own clearance so arent being inspected in transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Good idea to have a chat thread, thanks Zaph.

Anyone know is the 22 euro Irish vat set to a specific sterling amount or is it fluctuating day by day with exchange rates? I had an item that by XE.com came in just under 22 euro but on Amazon it was charging Irish Vat. Im guessing it fell victim to Amazons less than favourable rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Anyone else notice that the lightning deals don't work in the same way.
    The item below has a lightning deal price of £ 18.79 but it calculates the VAT on the non lightning price of £25.99
    Lightning Deal £18.79

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Question regarding the 22 euro is that including or excluding vat, as in if something including vat costs abt 23 but excluding it about 19 what price are we charged?

• Advertisement

Nice deal on lego :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

slave1 wrote: »

Not to worry.

I order 5no. boxes of the Grenade Carb Killa bars the other day, that were coming in at < £12 each.
    Did 5no. individual orders, but they put all of them in one box with a label giving a value of £80!

No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Tweaky wrote: »
    The item below has a lightning deal price of £ 18.79 but it calculates the VAT on the non lightning price of £25.99
    Lightning Deal £18.79

Yeah, seems to be how they're doing it. If you're looking for those particular lights, you can get the ones from the Warehouse for £14.54 as they have the 20% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Nice deal on lego :)

link? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

link? :)

All links are in the Amazon BA thread

But here you go

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116252814&postcount=170

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Robertoni

VAT appears to be removed after free shipping applied.

Might be of use to those without prime.

I needed some bits and pieces and made up the order to get free shipping with some of the items in the Amazon bargains thread. Order came to about €23 so qualified for free shipping, a couple were warehouse (20% off) total after discounts €16.72.

Amazon has split the order into 2 and 1 is showing delivery 12 April, so if that is to be believed then maybe not good for some, not in a hurry myself so suits me.

Might be the wrong place to post this but could not see this posted before and did not want to start another Amazon related thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Soarer wrote: »
    Not to worry.

I order 5no. boxes of the Grenade Carb Killa bars the other day, that were coming in at < £12 each.
    Did 5no. individual orders, but they put all of them in one box with a label giving a value of £80!

No issues.

I tried to order them as well but got a message saying they don't ship to Ireland ? Did you have to do anything funky ?

Tweaky wrote: »
    Lightning Deal £18.79

VAT is always applied on the non-discounted price on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

There is no way of avoiding the import fee for these is there? For instance I order the lego box there and have to pay a 5.41 deposit for the import fee?

• Advertisement

The import fee is Irish VAT

Advertisement