Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Training Support Grant

Options
  • 25-01-2021 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi,

Has anyone access this before? I was notified by email that it was available to me if I needed it. I've asked for more information but I haven't heard back.

As it happens, I do see a course that would suit.

Do you have to pay for it yourself now and request the grant later, or what happens? I've looked on the gov. website but I see different statements.

Curious if this is worth it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LaAlgerie

Thanks, yeah I found that yesterday.

It says 'payment will be released after you do a course and attempt an exam'. What's not clear for example, is do you as the candidate pay up front and get reimbursed later or what?

For anyone who has done it, was it quick/easy to get going with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

You get approval from your Case Officer/Local Employment Service (if applicable) to do the course. This is sent to the course provider who will allow you to do the course and they get reimbursed from DSP when the course is finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LaAlgerie

You are a gent/lady, thank you! :)

I have a fresh obstacle, though I imagine not many come across it.

I want to get a particular qualification. The most reputable and relevant body for it is American-based, although with an EU office in Brussels. I seriously doubt I will get approved for the grant for that, with back and forth paperwork.

There are a few Irish-based third-party course providers who with affiliation, also provide it, but at x2 or x3 the price. With ridiculous prices, there's no point with them.

I have put this forward to them as a query and I'm awaiting a reply. It's a highly-sought after area of employment so it's worth pursuing. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

Training support grant query

So this is in regard to getting a driving licence for going to my part time work

I've applied for nothing in terms of supports I more or less just got on with it.

But in short I have my EDT's all done. Still doing the occasional lesson and thus awaiting test for whenever times become available

Have I got any entitlement or way of claiming anything from this grant for these expenses.

I hadn't really time to apply for anything when I had started this stuff as applying would only have held things up given how tight things were during covid

• Advertisement
Advertisement