Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scheppach dp60 pillar drill - Aldi €64

• 24-01-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a good price on this drill with the features it has, digital depth gauge, laser, 2 speed motor.

Price on Screwfix £280 and £180 on Amazon.

Seems comparable to the Bosch PBD 40 which retails at around £300

IMG-20210123-172422.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

That’s a good deal . I’ll take it if you’re not having it ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Is this across all stores? Checked the Aldi website and can't see it listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Is this across all stores? Checked the Aldi website and can't see it listed.

That's the navan store, was three in stock at the time, would imagine it's all stores as it's on the UK site

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭irishguy19772

Tried Ennis store and none there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Is not the red price sticker a sign of a clearance price, maybe it was on sale earlier on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Is not the red price sticker a sign of a clearance price, maybe it was on sale earlier on?

It was €99.99.

Checked Aldi in Finglas and Santry and they didn't have any. Must be a one off in that particular shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭CoBo55

None in either enniscorthy or Wexford. Probably turned up in a stocktake.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭shovel

Two left in tralee yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

I bought one of these at full price a few months ago, saw a few at this price in Sandyford since.
    It's a ridiculous deal at this price, the original price was decent value.
    It's pretty much identical to the Bosch drill mentioned as far as I can tell and a fine drill for DIY. Both the digital depth gauge and workpiece clamp are very useful.
    The only minus point for me is that it's a little noisier than i would have liked.

• Advertisement

No luck in the Aldi on the Belgard road either. If anyone sees these in Dublin could they post here, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

I'd say you're too late, there was 3 in Sandyford but that was 2 weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Has anyone seen one of these in Cork? None in Ballincollig anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

One left in Bettystown, not Dublin but not a million miles away.

Advertisement