Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old IRA not in my name

• 11-07-2017 9:47pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4

'm sick of these people being treated as heroes and not for what they are, worthless thugs.

Where should I start? How about the Dunmanway killings? 13 INNOCENT protestants shot to death by Irish patriots in Cork 1922 three of whom the bodies were never found.

How about the Altnaveigh massacre? 7 innocent protestants killed by the heroes of the IRA the attack was carried out and ordered by Frank Aiken who later went on to become a longstanding highly respected Fianna Fail TD.

How about district inspector Hunt of the RIC an Irishman who was shot dead in the square at Thurles on June 23rd by armed men. He was on duty at Thurles races. He was shot twice in the back. A twelve year old boy was wounded in the kneecap. NOT IN MY NAME!

And when the media condemned Michael Collins reign of terror as 'murder most foul', how did Collins react? He dispatched his men to the offices of the Irish Independent(the newspaper that called the volunteers of the Rising insane criminals) where they held the editor at gun-point, dismantled the entire printing machinery and destroyed it.

I could go on forever but I'll leave it at that as I don't want to make this thread too long but if you're still not satisfied feel free to ask me about these "heroes"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

In before the lock. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Patww79 wrote: »

And you're as bad as the OP. Thread should be in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Jontrfgccg

Del.Monte wrote: »
    In before the lock. :D

Why would this thread be locked? This isn't North Korea. Anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Jontrfgccg wrote: »
    Why would this thread be locked? This isn't North Korea. Anymore.

Mod.
    On that note: OP please acquaint yourself before starting a thread again with the History forum charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement