Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Survivor: Edge of Extinction (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

They are no longer playable but whether they are taken off her is anyone's guess. I would imagine she still has the idol that she could use as a fake idol going forward.

The T&Cs of the advantages that have been found this year basically spoiled Edge of Extinction by saying they cannot be used after getting voted out or something along those lines. In saying that it looks like the contestants may have been completely oblivious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im getting into this season now, after the merge should be good.

Lauren on the loser team is fecking beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enjoyed this week more than last week. Some serious dodgy spelling of Lauren at TC. :)

Can't wait for next week - it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

For a returning player I really fail to see how Aubry got blind sided?

I'm not super happy Wendy is gone, she is a terrible player but makes for great tv. As for who from extinction that will return? I'm kinda hoping it's Wendy or Reem - purely because they are both annoying (which makes for great tv like I said) although I reckon it will be Chris despite the extra knots.

For some unknown reason I assumed extinction island would come to an end this week but I hadn't realised its more than likely there for the season with Joe having a very good chance of getting back into the game late in the day. Do we think everyone who doesn't win tomorrow goes home or will continue to stay there?

• Advertisement

Well I thought that was a fairly decent episode.

Pretty surprised Rick got back in! Fair play to him though. They all had a decent chance in that challenge.

Can't believe Keith and Wendy decided not to stay on extinction island. That's a quit in my book! Also seems odd that the other 3 were at the tribal council. As they have a shot at returning it seems unfair that they get to see how things are going back at camp (and where the cracks are etc).

Nice to see Joe gone - they are finally playing smart!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

kingtut wrote: »
    Well I thought that was a fairly decent episode.

Pretty surprised Rick got back in! Fair play to him though. They all had a decent chance in that challenge.

Can't believe Keith and Wendy decided not to stay on extinction island. That's a quit in my book! Also seems odd that the other 3 were at the tribal council. As they have a shot at returning it seems unfair that they get to see how things are going back at camp (and where the cracks are etc).

Nice to see Joe gone - they are finally playing smart!

Gutted Chris did not make it back.So close from himself,Wendi and Aubry!

Real survivor character demonstrated by those 2 and Amazing Joe unlike the 2 quitters.:)Zero surprise Keith opted out.

I think this whole edge of extinction is a bit of a farce much like Redemption Island.The idea of the guys getting yet another shot at getting back in the game does not sit easily with me.Hope Amazing Joe in spite of his mind boggling complacency makes his way back in.Sitting around all day painting while all parties scuttle off to potentially put his head in a noose.

Bizarre the 3 remaining dodos sit as a jury so early post merge,it looks like they're making it up as they go long.It appears the three tribes are split votes wise.

Joe could have done a little bit more but I think there's not too much he can do in that position.

What is Kelley Wentworth at? Devins comes back, a player that she struggled to vote off only 'days' ago in such an emotional TC, and she guns for him straight away. And now the non "Kama 6" have all voted for each other but have to some how pick up the pieces and work together?

Think I'm rooting for that Devins/David combo now.

When you go after someone like Joe, the blindside carries very little weight because he is good at competitions and he will have a great chance to get back in.

Good episode though. No idea what's happening with the jury - seems strange.

Jeff said after reading out the votes "7th person voted out and the 4th member of our jury... Joe" and I literally cannot understand what he meant, he definitely said it, I rewatched 5 times. How did that work? Not even "1st member of our jury", he says 4th, and Joe is still in the game? Its driving me nuts trying to figure it out...

• Advertisement

Ream, Chris, Aubrey and Joe are the first four members of the Jury but one Jury member will get back into the game?

In one way it makes zero sense but in another way it's the simplest way to phrase it (although he could say our fourth inhabitant of Edge of Extinction or something along those lines)

Does that make a 13 person Jury?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fantastic blindside this week and that took guts not to use Idols.

Agreed - Great blindside. I thought it was probably Lauren who had the medical situation. Glad to see I was right. Jeff didn't seem to pick up on her saying she was feeling faint though .... seems odd? Although I guess he was too focused on everything else.

Can't blame Aurora for discussing the challenge while Lauren was on the ground - she is there to win a million dollars and the challenge was not stopped in fairness.

Really confused about the Jury. Just doesn't seem to make sense have them sitting there getting to know what is happening on the tribe when they have the potential to return!

Who the hell is Gavin? I don't think I noticed him in the first 6 episodes. :o

Fantastic blindside this week and that took guts not to use Idols.

TBH right before the reading of the votes I thought they were going to be proven foolhardy.

The look (scowl) on Ron's face was priceless!

Hard to get a read on the edge of extinction edit.

Joe Amazing or Aubry to make a return?

Love the Kelley David dynamic,I've always liked David but I'm really hoping he'll make final tribal.

Great admiration for Rick's resistance to been kowtowed by Wardog and his closest ally David into returning into his old tribe's fold.

A tribe that on 2 occasions voted him out.

Gutsy performance by Aurora, definitely not a sheep.

Bit harsh on Gavin who's been pretty decent in the physical challenges and has not been on periphery of the social game.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awesome tribal this week.

Found it very jarring when the IC took place so early in the episode. Little did I know what was in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Tribals have been getting consistently crazier over the past few seasons, but this one was particularly great.

At the moment it feels like David, Wentworth, and Devins are the only three who are being given a Winner's edit, and to a lesser extent Lauren and Wardog. Possibly Joe or Aubry if they got back in the game too I suppose. Honestly I can't even remember the names of the rest of them and I just watched the episode.

Possibly the greatest own goal in the history of Survivor tribal council.

Delighted Julia's stupidity resulted in a vote out.

Deven played a blinder but ATM really hoping David wins the million bucks.If only for the story told at tribal.:D

Based on the preview I was expecting something even more exciting.

TC was good but it's not the first time we have seen such craziness (with the exception of it being the first time people have basically admitted who they were meant to be voting for).

• Advertisement

To me that was a whole other level of craziness. I hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence though.

That was bonkers. Great fun though!

This season is getting good now, the Edge of Extinction mechanic is a damp squib though, I dont like it.

Is anyone seeing the news about Season 40 all over the place today though?
    All returning players, everyone a previous winner!

Definite potential there...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I usually watch Survivor week by week but I held off this season and watched the first 8 episodes in one go. It's much more enjoyable tbh. Reminds me of the old days and binge-watching the early seasons.

Keith was such a wuss. Like seriously. What a weak player. Is it a coincidence that the weak players are the ones always invoking god and jesus? Wtf is up with that?

Wardog is smarter than he looks. He seems to know exactly what's going on. Not surprised he's spending time on his own thinking things through. People are starting to notice however and it reminds me of Michayla using the seashells to count votes. People are intimidated by stuff like that. I suppose it helps that he is truly awful at every challenge.:p

That Rick Devins guy is hilarious. Great comedic brain and timing. He may not win but he's been great value this season. He wasted his and David's idol though. Needless.

Having said that I'm not surprised they used it. That tribal would confuse anyway. People talk about "Live" tribals but that one was so Live it was practically wriggling about and crawling across the floor. :p Julie really self-destructed there.

Thargor wrote: »
    Lauren on the loser team is fecking beautiful.

You're not wrong. Best looking girl they've had in a long time. As the kids would say, she's a total smoke-show.

Wardog is running the show ATM.

Thought David might get Ron and Julie to turn their backs on the Lasu 3.

Enjoyed that blindside of Wentworth,Julie is going to be seriously peeved off lol.Aurora is a beast at the ICs and will need to continue to be to stay in the game.

Nice episode. I was totally expecting there to be an advantage under the pizza pile! Strange way of stacking pizza ....

Delighted to see David and Wentworth gone, hope they don't return! We see time and time again returnees getting into the final 3 and if i was a first time player I'd hate it.

Great to see David's advantage helping Devens to win! Just shows how powerful the edge of extinction is!

Not a whole happening in that episode.

Delighted Wardog got the chop.

Hard to call a winner.

Perhaps Deven or Ron.

Aurora is a beast physically.

I'm enjoying the season as a whole even though there appears to be a few goats left as we approach the end game. Even having angry Reem have her say every weekthas been enjoyable.

Still think it's set up for Joe to come back in and sit in the final 3 alongside a Lauren and a Julie.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the season as a whole even though there appears to be a few goats left as we approach the end game. Even having angry Reem have her say every weekthas been enjoyable.

Still think it's set up for Joe to come back in and sit in the final 3 alongside a Lauren and a Julie.

Hope you're right,he's getting quite a lot of the rather limited edit from the edge of extinction.

Those 2 could sneak in as goats,they've contributed zilch this season.

• Advertisement

Dull enough this week.

Next week is the tiresome loved ones episode too. :o

Advertisement