Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Where do you live

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭boardise

All delivery services have their ups and downs !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Where do you live

Few minutes outside Waterford city. Nowhere that should take several days to deliver. Had dhl,gls,dpd,anpost all deliver xmas gifts with zero delay, ups the only failure, only 1/5 arrived, all from the same place with same delivery address and were scheduled to arrive Thursday. That gave them Friday,Saturday+Monday to get the job done but they didn't. Already contacted Amazon and told them to never use UPS again for any of my deliveries.

Ahhh

Glad I found this thread

Ordered Mac Mini and various bits and bobs like keyboard mouse.

TWO expected deliveries missed by UPS

I WAS on the phone to an actual human agent at UPS, and apologised for the phantom "attempted delivery" that UPS allegedly attempted.
    Oh, my residence was inaccessible. The second delivery date was scheduled in the conversation with this agent.
    Guess What no show. I won't blow a gasket though. Don't want to have notes against me by any driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

xieann wrote: »
    Ahhh

Glad I found this thread

Ordered Mac Mini and various bits and bobs like keyboard mouse.

TWO expected deliveries missed by UPS

I WAS on the phone to an actual human agent at UPS, and apologised for the phantom "attempted delivery" that UPS allegedly attempted.
    Oh, my residence was inaccessible. The second delivery date was scheduled in the conversation with this agent.
    Guess What no show. I won't blow a gasket though. Don't want to have notes against me by any driver.

Cool story, thanks for sharing

• Advertisement

vandriver wrote: »
    The problem,as you probably can guess,is that a certain number of deliveries need to be done a day to have a viable business.

So I suspect that they hold remote deliveries for a few days hoping something else comes up nearby.

^^^^^This is what's happening to me. I one other courier relies on it.

Anyway ETA's are utterly meaningless and my conversation with the agent who was sincere also has no bearing on the shower running the ups office in finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Mind boggling how bad these f**kers are. What a stressful two days. Never again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Mind boggling how bad these f**kers are. What a stressful two days. Never again.

I agree, my nearest depot is Sligo, they sent my delivery to Galway on Wednesday morning, today I finally got confirmation that it’s lost.

I have to reorder, but the price has gone up after Black Friday. And wait a minimum of two weeks for investigation completion before I get a refund for the missing item.

AidenL wrote: »

I agree, my nearest depot is Sligo, they sent my delivery to Galway on Wednesday morning, today I finally got confirmation that it’s lost.

I have to reorder, but the price has gone up after Black Friday. And wait a minimum of two weeks for investigation completion before I get a refund for the missing item.

Sorry to hear. It is mind boggling how awful a “service” the likes of these guys and others provide. Not surprised at all reading the above.

So I got an email saying my parcel would be with me on the Monday. So I sat in on Monday. Didn’t turn up. Tried to track it on the app but it wouldn’t send me the automated email to register my password. Didn’t turn up on the Tuesday either.

So called them up and the guy said the delivery email I got is an automated email and that they never actually received the parcel!?! I asked are they sure as why on earth would they send an email saying my parcel is out for delivery when they hadn’t even received it!??

They said I would need to contact the seller as the seller hasn’t shipped it yet.

The next day got a knock on the door from a girl who was visiting her mother 6 doors up from me with the parcel. They had delivered it to some random house on the Monday and didn’t bother to even leave me a note. And the system still had it as “out for delivery”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭wench

Does anyone know if UPS farm out the last leg of deliveries to An Post?
    I'm expecting a small packet/envelope from the States, and the status for the last week has been: "In Transit by Post Office"

12/31/2019 3:05 A.M. Ireland Package processed by international carrier
    12/27/2019 3:22 P.M. Ireland Package arrived at international carrier

I'm based in Dublin 6, not exactly off the beaten track.

Depending what's in the package customs could have it.

I hope not.
    Its just a card with a small gift (eg stickers or fridge magnet)

wench wrote: »
    I hope not.
    Its just a card with a small gift (eg stickers or fridge magnet)

Shouldn't have anything to worry about so. They are probably just checking it out, if they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I'm expecting a small packet/envelope from the States, and the status for the last week has been: "In Transit by Post Office"

DPD also do, Funny thing is An Post,UPS and others have a huge backlog now and cant manage their Amazon/other ecommerce Contracts and this is how they pass the blame on to other companies.

Thanks, I'll try to be patient so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Are you sure it’s not USPS, rather then UPS?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Are you sure it’s not USPS, rather then UPS?
    Nope, definitely UPS
    Tracking info is on ups.com and first update was:

Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

UPS Mail Innovations
    Ah, I see the Mail Innovations means it's cut price UPS involving the local postal service to complete. This explains much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am expecting a small package tomorrow & I will be out. There appears to be no way of getting them to leave it with a neighbour.

• Advertisement

They’ll leave it somewhere. That’s the funny thing about UPS. They’ll leave it somewhere and not leave a note nor notify you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

They’ll leave it somewhere. That’s the funny thing about UPS. They’ll leave it somewhere and not leave a note nor notify you.

Even if it needs a signature?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They have never done this for me. They leave a note and try again next day.
    I set up a UPS account which allows me to manage deliveries once they've been attempted unsuccessfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

According to UPS tracking my parcel was delivered yesterday. It wasn't delivered to my address so they obviously delivered it to the wrong house. I contacted them twice by phone and they wont contact the driver to ask where it was delivered. The only option is to contact the sender who will start an investigation.

Why can't they just ask the driver where it is instead of having to go through this long process when the package will be long gone!!! Make absolutely no sense.

Would anyone have a number for the depot directly, not the call center number?

Dazzy wrote: »
    According to UPS tracking my parcel was delivered yesterday. It wasn't delivered to my address so they obviously delivered it to the wrong house. I contacted them twice by phone and they wont contact the driver to ask where it was delivered. The only option is to contact the sender who will start an investigation.

Why can't they just ask the driver where it is instead of having to go through this long process when the package will be long gone!!! Make absolutely no sense.

Would anyone have a number for the depot directly, not the call center number?

Ah yes the ol “Haven’t a clue where your parcel is. You need to contact the seller” Even through they send you a UPS email the day before saying the parcel is out for delivery, clearly nothing to do with the seller.

The tracking has been updated in the last hour to say it was delivered again today and signed for by the same person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

The OP said he had called UPS. Is there a number where a person will answer?

The OP said he had called UPS. Is there a number with a person?

There is a central call center number but they weren't willing to call the driver. I thought if I could get someone from the Dublin depot I might have better luck.

Anyway, turns out the driver entered the wrong code on his machine twice and that's why its showing as delivered. They say they have it and will deliver tomorrow. I had to ring again to get that update. Just making up excuses. Clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Dazzy wrote: »
    There is a central call center number but they weren't willing to call the driver. I thought if I could get someone from the Dublin depot I might have better luck.

Anyway, turns out the driver entered the wrong code on his machine twice and that's why its showing as delivered. They say they have it and will deliver tomorrow. I had to ring again to get that update. Just making up excuses. Clowns.
    why are you responding to me with this ? I just asked for a number where i can speak to a person

• Advertisement

why are you responding to me with this ? I just asked for a number where i can speak to a person

Chill. Your question looks like its related to my post hence my reply.

Advertisement