Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Myprotein 45% off everything

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

https://www.myprotein.ie

It's a birthday special so it could be only for today.

Thank you! Just picked up 3kgs of almond butter for like 30 odd euro..... 75 in supervalu! When they have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

OmegaGene wrote: »
    it has been going for a few days now, they had 60% off and free post last week
    you could have let us know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Thank you! Just picked up 3kgs of almond butter for like 30 odd euro..... 75 in supervalu! When they have them.

I just went for 2kg of the almond butter, feel like I was too cautious now :)

Are these the best or are there other cheaper alternatives? Looking for Lysine, Magnesium, Vit B and C.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

These guys are like sports direct, item is on sale from the day its stocked.

Last time I got:

Meal Replacement Bar - 12 x 65g - Box - Salted Caramel
    Quantity: 2
    Price: £9.99

Total £22.97 GBP
    - They're good.

They seem to only sell them as protein bars now but I suspect they may be the same thing.
    2x18 88g flapjacks.
    Total to pay
    £24.97

Not bad but never pay full price with MP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

This company and bulkpowders really suck the way they operate with the discount codes and all that crap. You'd have to be either mad, or not in the know, to pay full whack. Why not stop treating your customers like mugs and charge realistic prices and do away with these stupid discount codes and all that crap.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

fatbhoy wrote: »
    This company and bulkpowders really suck the way they operate with the discount codes and all that crap. You'd have to be either mad, or not in the know, to pay full whack. Why not stop treating your customers like mugs and charge realistic prices and do away with these stupid discount codes and all that crap.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do you understand why they do this?

If they did as you say then regular customers like myself would have to pay more, the standard price would increase. The are able to pass on lower prices due to the sales they make when no discount codes are used and they get higher margin on these.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay full price as the website clearly highlights the current offers. Both MP and BP are not hiding anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Are these decent quality? I keep hearing about different quality in protein powders.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Do you understand why they do this?

If they did as you say then regular customers like myself would have to pay more, the standard price would increase. The are able to pass on lower prices due to the sales they make when no discount codes are used and they get higher margin on these.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay full price as the website clearly highlights the current offers. Both MP and BP are not hiding anything.

WTF are you on about do I understand. Do you understand that they have hiked up prices for everything and then have almost permanent discounts of varying amounts. They should operate without all that smoke and mirrors crap.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Are these decent quality? I keep hearing about different quality in protein powders.

I think they are. There were studies by universities or laboratories (can't remember) done a while back (few years ago) on different whey proteins and they uncovered that lots weren't as high in protein as the manufacturers claimed. Google might throw up links to the studies.

As far as I know, MyProtein isn't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

fatbhoy wrote: »
    WTF are you on about do I understand. Do you understand that they have hiked up prices for everything and then have almost permanent discounts of varying amounts. They should operate without all that smoke and mirrors crap.

Calm down.

Clearly you don't understand the business model.
    "They should", why because you say so?

If you don't like how they operate, don't use them.
    You've contributed nothing relevant to this thread only demonstrated how easily upset you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭positron

A kilo of whey is 25 quid?!! It used to be 10-15 euros a year or two ago. 45% bring it to the those prices I suppose.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Calm down.

Clearly you don't understand the business model.
    "They should", why because you say so?

If you don't like how they operate, don't use them.
    You've contributed nothing relevant to this thread only demonstrated how easily upset you get.

And you've contributed nothing but the revelation that you're a patronising twat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

My protein is inferior to reflex, PHD nutrition, optimum nutrition etc and always has been. You get what you pay for. Some people will blindly argue this isn’t the case simply Cos they like a bargain. Which is fine.

It’s like people telling you that Lidl/Aldi’s luxury range is as nice as M&S. It isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Anymore rubbish and it's ban time. Chat about bargain only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

CBear1993 wrote: »
    My protein is inferior to reflex, PHD nutrition, optimum nutrition etc and always has been. You get what you pay for. Some people will blindly argue this isn’t the case simply Cos they like a bargain. Which is fine.

It’s like people telling you that Lidl/Aldi’s luxury range is as nice as M&S. It isn’t.

Inferior how?

If it's in terms of taste, then that's subjective.

If it's in terms of nutritional quality, is there some objective/scientific evidence of this?

Edit: I hope this is considered talking about the bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

i've only recently started running again after a bad injury 2 years ago.

muscles arent the same at all so i picked up the bag of recovery blend, hopefully it pays off, cheers OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Anyone ever tried the mug cake or dessert mix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    These guys are like sports direct, item is on sale from the day its stocked.

Last time I got:

Meal Replacement Bar - 12 x 65g - Box - Salted Caramel
    Quantity: 2
    Price: £9.99

Total £22.97 GBP
    - They're good.

They seem to only sell them as protein bars now but I suspect they may be the same thing.
    2x18 88g flapjacks.
    Total to pay
    £24.97

Not bad but never pay full price with MP.

Eaten a fair few of these already. Quite quite similar to Jimmy Joy's Twenny bars but cheaper. Great on the bike.

Advertisement