Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TM2015

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Bojan Marjanovic of the Mavericks is really tall but he gots a mad looking Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum head on him. He just looks like what you'd imagine a giant would look like.
    Yeah Boban has all the mad facial features, like his bones just grew the wrong way. He’s a great guy, really funny! A fan favorite too. Hard to believe Porzingis is only marginally shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

TM2015 wrote: »
    There’s something about a tall man alright. I’m 5ft9, my husband is 6ft4. Height is just another physical feature really. And I find it extremely attractive. I grew up in a tall basketball country, all guy friends from school played, I played. As a foreigner I find Irish men to be rather short, on average, not teensy but not tall.

7footers+ are an extreme though! A few of them in NBA but not as many as you’d think there would be and even less who could be considered to be ridiculously versatile. KP is the unicorn for a reason. Durant is just under 7 even though they trying to sell him as a 7footer.

Yup. And it's not something people can change like some of the men on here don't know boobs can decrease or increase depending on weight lol.

KD is a great player deffo not the full 7 foot

My fave tall guys would be Winston Duke and Kevin Duranddd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'm from Dublin and she's from Cork. You know you can report our accounts to mods if ya want to check their hunzo

Yizzar only bleedin' rapih! Whoppah stuff, hunzo,
    Sam Hain wrote: »
    You're only allowed to support one. I'm all about the Jazz.

Sorry? Oh, jazz!

Seriously though, we're going to need threads like this in the next 2 weeks. Lets keep it and all other silly threads going, whether or not they are based in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

There’s something about a tall man alright. I’m 5ft9, my husband is 6ft4. Height is just another physical feature really. And I find it extremely attractive. I grew up in a tall basketball country, all guy friends from school played, I played. As a foreigner I find Irish men to be rather short, on average, not teensy but not tall.

7footers+ are an extreme though! A few of them in NBA but not as many as you’d think there would be and even less who could be considered to be ridiculously versatile. KP is the unicorn for a reason. Durant is just under 7 even though they trying to sell him as a 7footer.

Yeah 7 footers amazing 0.000038% as I said in an earlier post, so that's approximately 2,8000 I'm the world!

There are tall guys in Ireland alright. Just maybe mouton the scale of other countries. I've a few friends over 6'4" and my previous partner over 6'1"..so that's not too short.

Also, you will know that the younger generation in Ireland are now taller than ever before.

Anyway, this is all paling into insignificance, after Leo's address to the Nation an hour ago.

In lock down from midnight tonight.

I wish EVERYONE well, and stay safe.

I have been ill myself so have been in self isolation.

This thread was helping me.

Thanks for your post

Sorry? Oh, jazz!

Seriously though, we're going to need threads like this in the next 2 weeks. Lets keep it and all other silly threads going, whether or not they are based in reality.

Totally concur we need this during lock down

• Advertisement

Yup. And it's not something people can change like some of the men on here don't know boobs can decrease or increase depending on weight lol.

Yeah I was saying earlier how talented Kevin Durant with the Brooklyn Nets is. He had a bad injury. Do you remember he used to play for Golden State?

Anyway, I wish you and everyone else well during the lock down.

Stay safe Disney.

No coming out of self isolation for either of us now.

Anyway, your thread has really helped me during being ill.

Thank you

Yeah I was saying earlier how talented Kevin Durant with the Brooklyn Nets is. He had a bad injury. Do you remember when he used to play for Golden State?

Stay safe Disney.

Thank you petal

Yeah I was saying earlier how talented Kevin Durant with the Brooklyn Nets is. He had a bad injury. Do you remember when he used to play for Golden State?

Stay safe Disney.

Thank you petal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

This sounds like a thread I would have started. But not asking about guys

Before anyone attacks me... The database went down so my post sent three times.

Anyway, I hope these stricter measures will help prevent community transmission, which now represents over half of all transmission.

I'll pop in again later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

I feel like the young lads coming through from schools at the moment are all giants. I was standard at 6ft. They're all towering above me with their black shoes and white socks and short trousers. Bent over their phones, haunted.

cena wrote: »
    This sounds like a thread i of started. But not asking about guys

? Who is 'I of?' and what thread did they start?

I could not contribute to that thread whatever it is as I'm not a tall female. I'm a female in the Smurfette class.

So, I personally wouldn't troll it.

CPTM wrote: »
    I feel like the young lads coming through from schools at the moment are all giants. I was standard at 6ft. They're all towering above me with their black shoes and white socks and short trousers. Bent over their phones, haunted.

This is very true. The younger generation are now taller than ever.

Thanks for your post, not only true but very funny with their short pants, long legs and white socks.

I'm 5'2" shortcake female myself are you single? Only joking...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

any tall ladies looking for a socially distant clean country lank? ive bit of mushkle from the auld farmin like and once ya get used to the smell of silage it kinda disappears. kinda. now ye'll have to have workin hips on ya and none of this duckarsed nonsense either. do ya wanna be buried with my people?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gmoney29

6'3 Dubliner. hmu with deets for a video chat date

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TM2015

Stay safe Disney.

Thank you petal
    Love the Nets! Fav team! Their talent pool is just amazing! Definitely a contender for the title next season. Hoping to go to a game or two next season to introduce my young lad to the game!

Sorry? Oh, jazz!

Well I started it as a joke then got death threats and creeps messagine me lol. And I don't say any of that slag but all dublin girlos say hunzo. Im from the NS, well the nice part hunzo xo

Love the Nets! Fav team! Their talent pool is just amazing! Definitely a contender for the title next season. Hoping to go to a game or two next season to introduce my young lad to the game!

I love the Nets too unreal. And love Brooklyn as a place in general.

Curry is one of my faves love how he came back and after 2 games got sick then this happened lol

Stay safe Denial. I joined Tinder lol. Dunno when Ill be able to meet anyone but sure look!

Also Im now on day 16 self isolation and Im going insane. Got my swab 2am Mon morning and Im still waiting on results!!! good luck to ye lol

Speaking of basketball, I just want to say Curly Neal of the Globetrotters passed away yesterday. And what's with the LeBron love? Chamberlain would still run circles around him.

Love? What do you mean? Are you calling me love? I hope not.

LeBron is one of the best players in the world and he gives me a wide on. Swoon...

Thanks for your post Shady re Globetrotters... Could you tell me more about curly? I have never heard of him.

I'm watching The Gentleman atm... So I'll be off here for couple hours.

Pm if you like or if you post I'll look out for it after the movie.

Thanks and take care

Love? What do you mean? Are you calling me love? I hope not.

LeBron is one of the best players in the world and he gives me a wide on. Swoon...

Thanks for your post Shady re Globetrotters... Could you tell me more about curly? I have never heard of him.

I'm watching The Gentleman atm... So I'll be off here for couple hours.

Pm if you like or if you post I'll look out for it after the movie.

Thanks and take care

No he means why do people love LeBron!.. Em cause he is an unreal player and almost as good as MJ and he's a gent and a babe!

Loved the gentleman !!! colin farrell in it lol brill!

PM chick we chat there :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

gmoney29 wrote: »
    6'3 Dubliner. hmu with deets for a video chat date

You sound hot AF. Welcome brother, this place is a safe space for tall guys and short or tall girls. I think. :confused:
    Well I started it as a joke then got death threats and creeps messagine me lol. And I don't say any of that slag but all dublin girlos say hunzo. Im from the NS, well the nice part hunzo xo

Ah its a bit of craic innit. I like slagging a Dub on occasion. Hope you reported any inappropriate messages.

I think it's reasonable to have a height limit, just like it's reasonable to have a weight limit.

each to their own! we're just girls talking about height here well at least we where trying to !

I love the Nets too unreal. And love Brooklyn as a place in general.

Curry is one of my faves love how he came back and after 2 games got sick then this happened lol

Stay safe Denial. I joined Tinder lol. Dunno when Ill be able to meet anyone but sure look!

Also Im now on day 16 self isolation and Im going insane. Got my swab 2am Mon morning and Im still waiting on results!!! good luck to ye lol

Thanks petal. Amazing how we both now have Brooklyn Nets in common.

Yeah you told me about Tinder... Good luck with results.

After 16 days waiting for the swab test don't be surprised if they retest.

I wish we had the antibody test here.

Anyway, that's for another thread.

I'm in high risk category so at least I don't have such a wait.

Pm me later or anytime okay

Watching The Gentleman, so far it's very good.

Chat later

do ye believe in the pheromone/hormone thing, like initially your subconscious apparently evaluates a potential mates into a maybe or definitely not, then once closer (figuratively and like literally) we are supposed to shmell each others erm genetic appropriateness, i.e our bodies know that if we combined we'd make another perfect body

seen a fair few articles on this kinda thing down through the years, (yes i was just reading the articles) and then there is the whole bodyspray conspiracy to prevent healthy breeding but thats another conversation, involving tinfoil.

No he means why do people love LeBron!.. Em cause he is an unreal player and almost as good as MJ and he's a gent and a babe!

Loved the gentleman !!! colin farrell in it lol brill!

PM chick we chat there :cool:

That's what I said... LeBron is one of the best players in the world and for bonus points he gives me a wide on Disney...

Right, back to The Gentleman for me, Charlie...drool

Pm later

Colin Farrell first scene is hilarious, 'the only thing you can wet is your underpants son, now, go back two steps' and 'are you are Four Tops tribute act or something...' The Four Skins... '

Pmsl here... Ah I recommend this show to everyone and only just over twenty mins in...

Great show for lock down.

Chat later

(started taking off my socks during the 9 news, gave up halfway thru and now just finishing the second half)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I believe pheromones play a huge role in attraction. You can have all the lists and requirements you want, but find yourself attracted to someone who meets none of them.

And of course, obligatory lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah but that's sh*t boobs.

And for a new enough team too...

I'm very jealous that's you're going over to NBA game or two, when this pandemic ends.

I'd love to watch a Lakers game myself.

Thanks for posting me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

... well the lakers.. I've jerseys for all 3

Have you been to a Lakers game or are you backseat supporting?

Advertisement