Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most useless thing ever

• 13-01-2018 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Whats the most useless thing ever invented, for me I think it's toilet wipes, for fecks sake if you cant wipe yer arsé in your adult years there's a problem that needs to be addressed

whats yours

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

The Irish Judicial system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

I'll go old school and say, tits on a nun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

7 minute abs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

'Responsive site'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Donald Trump

• Advertisement

Decking. The amount of times iv nearly slipped and smash my face repairing people's decking. Fecking useless things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

"Persona" contraception kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

jonon9 wrote: »
    Decking. The amount of times iv nearly slipped and smash my face repairing people's decking. Fecking useless things.

You wouldn't be saying that if ya got a payout

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

7 minute abs.

It was great until they invented 6 minute abs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Rats love it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Scented toilet paper
    Leo Varadkar

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dpf filters on diesel cars in absolute fooking complete ****ehole countries like Ireland that don't actually measure any Nox emissions whatsoever at NCT time. The Green Party should be hung high for crimes against humanity, joke of an organisation recommending wood burning stoves in built up areas too, they are up there with the Nazis.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    You wouldn't be saying that if ya got a payout

Depends, Im not a compo rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Enda Kenny. The Catholic church. Donald Trump. Pro lifers. Any other edgy things I can suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Cigarette filters. Yeah, that'll stop the cancer.

Headphones that cost less then a tenner. Music will be inaudible on the street and either one of 2 things is guaranteed to happen: one earbud completely dies or the wire near the plug makes a crackly sound when it is moved. Usually after about a week of use.

The corner on a packet of ham that says 'open here', you pull it and all that happens is the little corner bit rips off and the packet still ain't open. And they say resealable sometimes but never are.

The worst though is the ding! sound a non digital microwave timer makes when it finishes cooking. Why do we need this to happen when the timer gets to zero, the frigging thing shuts off at that point anyway so there's no danger of overcooking, and I don't think I've ever been more than a meter or so away anytime I'm nuking something, it's not like I'm gonna forget about it and it will get cold, and even if it did, the whole point of the thing is it can heat stuff back up quickly. I doubt most people even cook things to exact time increments. Plus I don't need an alarm to notify everyone in the house that I'm stuffing my fat face at 2 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Penicillin

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭muppetshow1451

European union

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I have to agree with 92 . it has to be resalable packets. a right pain to open sometimes and then zero ability to reseal. how does it get past the design stage. completely useless

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭LarryGraham

Neoliberalism. Third/fourth (not sure what ordinal number it's on now) feminism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

92, microwaves go "ding" because they are often out in the utility room (in case they give you cancer!),
    And the most useless packaging has to be the type of plastic that dry pasta comes in.
    No matter how you open the bag, it tears down the side spilling penne everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Enda Kenny. The Catholic church. Donald Trump. Pro lifers. Any other edgy things I can suggest?

A edgy suggestion.

Pro (abortion) death before birthers?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

The wife's navigation/map reading skills

Neoliberalism. Third/fourth (not sure what ordinal number it's on now) feminism.

They're not as bad as people who have to ruin fun threads with political vomit that is a million miles away from the spirit of the thread. Talk about useless.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    92, microwaves go "ding" because they are often out in the utility room (in case they give you cancer!),
    And the most useless packaging has to be the type of plastic that dry pasta comes in.
    No matter how you open the bag, it tears down the side spilling penne everywhere.

Sorry but I'd say 90% of all Irish households have the microwave in the kitchen and most don't even have a utility room. And any radiation from a microwave is so miniscule it's been largely accepted there is no danger at all to be near it when operating.

We do not need the ding. End of.

Sorry but I'd say 90% of all Irish households have the microwave in the kitchen and most don't even have a utility room. And any radiation from a microwave is so miniscule it's been largely accepted there is no danger at all to be near it when operating.

We do not need the ding. End of.

Popcorn:D

Popcorn:D

No way, for popcorn you have to stand at the ready to switch the thing off as soon as the popping slows down. Otherwise you get burnt popcorn which is like the blue waffle of foods.

No way, for popcorn you have to stand at the ready to switch the thing off as soon as the popping slows down. Otherwise you get burnt popcorn which is like the blue waffle of foods.

its all about timing and years of experience:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Donald Trump

Fuck you too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭con___manx1

The Irish Judicial system.

Its an absolute sham. The transport system is also a sham.

Advertisement