Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will Oprah go for it and beat Trump in the next US presidential election.

• 10-01-2018 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭

I think she will and announced her intentions with the words "A new day is on the horizon" in her speech at the Golden Globes.

Reminiscent of Mya Angelou words from 1993
    "The horizon leans forward, Offering you space to place new steps of change."

And I also think she will win it, attracting all but the far right to her cause.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

No

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

No

No she won't go for it, no she won't win or both?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

She likes her Mickey Donald’s too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Oldtree wrote: »
    No she won't go for it, no she won't win or both?

White lives matter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Imagine Oprah having to order drone strikes that take innocent civilian lives.

• Advertisement

White lives matter

Do you think she is capable of genocide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

No she won't get past the Democratic nomination. Super delegates will not let that happen. I think Biden will walk it both in general and primary's.

I can't!

piplip87 wrote: »
    No she won't get past the Democratic nomination. Super delegates will not let that happen. I think Biden will walk it both in general and primary's.

The last election gave us Trump and even he didn't think that would happen, so its possible esp if Biden dosn't do well in the public arena.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

Is Oldtree coming down off a high?

• Advertisement

Is Oldtree coming down off a high?

I so high I can see for miles around. But that's just because I'm so tall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

She might. Just shows how much of an utter utter farce politics is. The whole thing like an episode of Dallas.

Amazing thing is many yanks so brainwashed so dumbed down now that they will think with Oprah as president their lifes will improve tremendously.

As someone else said (I think on boards) if she goes for it and gets support it'll show that the Democrats have no issue with the unqualified celebrity aspect of Trump's election.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Why would anyone think that Oprah ****ing winfrey would be a suitable president of the USA. it's ridiculous. I mean I've nothing against her but she is a tv personality, I think trump has shown that it's not a good idea to have someone like that running the country. Who's next? Kim Kardashian?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

There is absolutely no doubt about it at this stage Donald Trump is the first female president. It is known! If the president isn't female she should prove it. This has been going on too long the truth must come out.

growing facial hair will sort the matter, nobody wants to see his junk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 mcfitness20

trump 2020
    pence 2024
    pence 2028

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Are Americans so delusional and desperate that they are willing to promote a celebrity to one of the highest positions in their country and give them actual power.

I don’t really care but someday it could affect us.

Crazy ****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Not a hope. I already grabbed her by the pussy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yakult wrote: »
    Are Americans so delusional and desperate that they are willing to promote a celebrity to one of the highest positions in their country and give them actual power.

I don’t really care but someday it could affect us.

Crazy ****ers.

They've done it twice already to be fair with Reagan and Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

You get a drone strike

And you get a drone strike

And you get a drone strike

EVERYBODY GETS A DRONE STRIKE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They've done it twice already to be fair with Reagan and Trump.

At least Reagan had somewhat of a career in politics before becoming president

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dear Celebrities,

Please piss off and stop meddling in politics to gratify your egos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Jerry !

Jerry !

Jerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I opened a thread on this and it was thrown in to the politics cafe graveyard.

Very disappointing editorial decision making :(

Oprah, just like Trump, is not qualified in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I look forward to greeting President Bono at Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dear Celebrities,

You could equally apply that here but substitute celebrities for..

Publicans
    Teachers
    Lawyers
    GAA "stars"
    Offspring of career politicians who've achieved nothing

We're just as bad in our own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

If she runs she will get the nomination. The super delegates won't be able to stop that.

If she runs Trump will beat her providing he's still in good health, as in not suffering full blown dementia or Alzheimers.

Saying that, when Trump was elected I asked a couple of bookies for odds on him not completing his Presidency and I'm still convinced that he won't finish his term.

The moment she starts to talk about Harvey Weinstien they'll start to show the dozens of fotos of her and him together, or of her and Trump together and the whole thing will look fake.

So if you want Trump in again, get Oprah to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

She won’t go for it because she hasn’t a chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,020 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

"You know how they say 'Never say never'? Well, never."

- Oprah Winfrey in 1999, when asked if she would consider running for President.

(Cite.)

And it seems she was still saying the same thing a few months ago.

And I'm not aware that she has said anything different since. None of the talk about her running now is coming from her.

Trivial Fact of the day: In 2009 Trump mused out loud about one day running for President, and said that his ideal running mate would be . . . Oprah Winfrey. Her reaction on that occasion is not recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dear Celebrities,

And that includes you Miriam O’Callaghan

Advertisement