Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yorkies

• 04-05-2021 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Are Yorkies basically Nestle's answer to the Dairy Milk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Any man's man truck driver would not seen be eating a Dairy Milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They are gone to shìte.
    I remember when they came out you'd nearly break your teeth trying to bite a square off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

blade1 wrote: »
      They are gone to shìte.
      I remember when they came out you'd nearly break your teeth trying to bite a square off

stick it in the freezer, its cos nowhere had heating when they came out !

stick it in the freezer, its cos nowhere had heating when they came out !

No that's not the reason at all.
        Have you seen the gap between the sections these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,836 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not for girls.

* Any girl eating a yorkie shall be deemed to be a boy.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I remember the nordie version used to have more chunks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭GBX

blade1 wrote: »
        No that's not the reason at all.
        Have you seen the gap between the sections these days?

Exactly what Toblerone has done as well. More gap, less chocolate. Similar in that you'd near break your jaw trying to chow down on it. Both gone to ****e these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Like everything its about a 3rd the size of the original. I used to get that biscuit and raisin one and you'd be full after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The biscuit and raisin ones are grand. The blue ones are Nestle's usual ****e chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,869 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

sugarman wrote: »
        Its because theyre almost half the size they used to be at this stage! They were 70g and now just 46g :eek:

People will only spend a certain amount for a bar. With costs going up the only way to maintain the price is to reduce the size of the product.

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
        People will only spend a certain amount for a bar. With costs going up the only way to maintain the price is to reduce the size of the product.

The only bar left that's gives you a half decent satisfactory chew is a double decker.
        And even the duo one is needed for that.

Star bar is nice but too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Not as bad as Snickers but in the vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

He’s now rasping on a Milky Way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I try to avoid Nestle “products” on principle.

They’ve made this much easier since “discontinuing” the Drifter bar.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭buried

I remember somebody telling me somewhere that original recipe for the original 'Yorkie' bars was the same recipe for the chocolate bars that the British army used to use in their army ration packs they used to dish out after WW2 when the Cold War was in full swing and chocolate bars needed to be of a design that lasted 1000 years in some shape of tin can.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I try to avoid Nestle “products” on principle.

They’ve made this much easier since “discontinuing” the Drifter bar.

They’ve done what to the Drifter? The fúckers.

I didn't know there was a bar called Yorkies.Thought the thread was about the yappie little rat dogs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DS86DS wrote: »
        Are Yorkies basically Nestle's answer to the Dairy Milk?
        Rowantree Mackintosh made them. And they didn't shrink them. Dairy Milk bars shrunk to wafer thin to keep the price down, like melt on your tongue thin. Yorkie's stayed big.

Slightly darker chocolate than Dairy Milk , more like Galaxy which was Cadbury's answer to Yorkie

The Nestle bought them out and replaced chocolate and coca butter with insipid sugary goo , and Cadbury's got bought out and there the milk was replaced by palm oil or whatever is was cheaper than used chipper oil. They are better than the cheapest German supermarket chocolate. But not by much so I don't ever seeing my self paying a premium for them again.

A pox on both their houses.

Like everything in life the past decade, they're way ****ter than they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

"Good rich and thick a milk chocolate prick brick".

Ah, takes me back to the school yard in the 1970s.

Are they still making them?

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Like everything in life the past decade, they're way ****ter than they used to be.

All these bars don't even taste like chocolate anymore. The christmas chocolates are horrendous to eat these days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

rob316 wrote: »
        The christmas chocolates are horrendous to eat these days.
        work gives you a box of quality street and you know you are going to eat them but it's more like a habit than enjoyment

Back in the day the branded chocolate was much nicer than the generic stuff used on other brand biscuits and bars. That distinction has gone. Now it's generic German supermarket Jaffa cakes and in other flavours too !

Advertisement