Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general evil traits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Stirring Tea anti clockwise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

Snake eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

People who torture and neglect animals, dissect them and kill them at a young age. Won't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

nelly17 wrote: »
    Stirring Tea anti clockwise

everyone knows that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Mono brow.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Mono brow.

Beware of those whose eyebrows meet, for in their hearts you'll find deceit!

I believe an ex work colleague of mine to have a psychopathic personality. He's extremely selfish and antagonistic, he has no friends either in or outside of work and he doesn't care what anyone else thinks of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Anyone who makes fun of people in front of other people. I hate anyone I have ever seen do that. Them kind of people are best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bewareofthedog

How is that a sign of sociopathy? Bit of a silly post tbh.

I enjoy this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I'm pleased to see this was asked in after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Taking the minus offer in the Chase for me. And every time I've seen it done it's been a (thick as mince) woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People who live in a fantasy land. They will tell you they are the best at something, they have the best car, house, job, girlfriend etc when the reality is they don't work, have no money, live in a shack, have no friends and their family doesn't even want anything to do with them.

Not sure how serious an answer you're looking for on the psychopathy thing, OP, but I would say psychopathy (or anti social personality disorder) doesn't need any hints.

Psychopathy is one of those overused words like "depressed" or "OCD" which we usually use outside of its psychological meaning, but it's an immediately obvious disorder. God love them, like, because it's probably deserving of being described as a mental illness instead of a personality disorder.

I've only met one person whom I am certain had this condition or a similar disorder. Quite a violent, extremely emotional person with no ability to regulate mood or maintain relationships. A total absence of self-deprecation was the least serious trait, but probably the most obvious: a mild ribbing would erupt into a ferocious tantrum. This person stole from their own parents, from friends, and caused one ex to have a nervous breakdown, through a mixture of emotional cruelty and, it is suspected, violence.

When it comes to your run-of-the-mill peculiarities, unusual traits or even quirks, I'd argue that the broad spectrum of human behaviour is part of what makes life interesting, and makes sustained friendships all the more valuable. I'd hate if we were all the same, life would be so boring.

One thing I am quite convinced about is that personality is fixed, and biological. You cannot change people. It's usually best (and better for the peace) to just accept people as they are. The vast majority of us are lucky to be situated somewhere in the acceptable middle-spectrum of traits, and sad to think, those at the extremes will probably never change. No matter what.

I think they can learn to cope with situations in manageable ways, but that's more managing their anger (or whatever) than eradicating it.

People who put on socks before jocks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

:D

People who say womxn. Very strange.

And he accuses other people of having "issues" with women. The irony :D

Not sure how serious an answer you're looking for on the psychopathy thing, OP, but I would say psychopathy (or anti social personality disorder) doesn't need any hints.

Psychopathy is one of those overused words like "depressed" or "OCD" which we usually use outside of its psychological meaning, but it's an immediately obvious disorder. God love them, like, because it's probably deserving of being described as a mental illness instead of a personality disorder.

I've only met one person whom I am certain had this condition or a similar disorder. Quite a violent, extremely emotional person with no ability to regulate mood or maintain relationships. A total absence of self-deprecation was the least serious trait, but probably the most obvious: a mild ribbing would erupt into a ferocious tantrum. This person stole from their own parents, from friends, and caused one ex to have a nervous breakdown, through a mixture of emotional cruelty and, it is suspected, violence.

When it comes to your run-of-the-mill peculiarities, unusual traits or even quirks, I'd argue that the broad spectrum of human behaviour is part of what makes life interesting, and makes sustained friendships all the more valuable. I'd hate if we were all the same, life would be so boring.

One thing I am quite convinced about is that personality is fixed, and biological. You cannot change people. It's usually best (and better for the peace) to just accept people as they are. The vast majority of us are lucky to be situated somewhere in the acceptable middle-spectrum of traits, and sad to think, those at the extremes will probably never change. No matter what.

I think they can learn to cope with situations in manageable ways, but that's more managing their anger (or whatever) than eradicating it.

A very good post overall, thank you.

I guess the most frustrating thing is to see the terminology and “knowledge” of the condition (which I would not classify as an illness) shaped by popular media creations.

It’s a stigma you just can’t get away from.
    And yes, incurable but it is possible to manage it if you are interested in getting it under control. Unfortunately this will depend on the severity as aspd, like all conditions, comes on a spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

branie2 wrote: »
    People who work on Wall Street

Even East Wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

One of my sisters is bi polar , she is in her thirties yet acts like a child when challenged about anything, she has obvious mental illness but is not violent and certainly not a psychopath

I've only ever met one person who I felt was a psychopath, they expressed a desire to see people hurt and claimed it would make them laugh

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    One of my sisters is bi polar , she is in her thirties yet acts like a child when challenged about anything, she has obvious mental illness but is not violent and certainly not a psychopath

I've only ever met one person who I felt was a psychopath, they expressed a desire to see people hurt and claimed it would make them laugh

Which does not make them a psychopath necessarily. It's like diagnosing someone as depressed when they tell you that they sometimes feel down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

- People who are extremely envious
    - People who are nice to you alone but will mock you in group settings
    - People who constantly put others down/ Make snarky comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Northernlily

male feminists

Concur strongly. A strange breed.

Special mention to people (*****) that speak about others behind their backs and trying to get others to think the same about that person.

Because of that these people automatically earn my disdain. Huge red flag from me and I wouldn't want to work with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Type of haircut you have I think says alot about some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

People who torture and neglect animals, dissect them and kill them at a young age. Won't end well.

This is the boring answer because it's the correct one.

This is the boring answer because it's the correct one.

It is not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭enricoh

People who move their car out when bikers are filtering through traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

Anyone with tatoos on public display is not to be trusted.

Particularly females, I hate the way they desecrate their bodies with paint. It’s not a good look.

People who make spitefful digs and then wonder why you you're not friendly with them. People who are impatient, intolerant or generally horrible about the elderly or children, it's a sign of a selfish character in my experience.

But the most evil people by far are the sort who wear velvet smoking jackets and sit in swivel chairs stroking fluffy white cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

making fun of people at their expense is usually a dead giveaway that someone is an a$$hole

Milk before the tea, crumbs in the butter, toilet seat up, roll spooled on the inside, doesn't like cheese.

While these may not be textbook signs of psychopathy, they're certainly solid pointers that something fundamental has gone awry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Among the serious posts, very little psychopathic or evil stuff being mentioned. Just annoying traits (not that I disagree with many). Sneaky - a bit more (also sneaky - saying "womxn" just to wind up). Of course politicisation with the FG thing.

Advertisement