Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you’ve an item of clothing and it’s seems to dressy to go to the shops but not dress enough to go to an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ben & Jerrys is overpriced rubbish. Haagen Daz is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The Lidl copy of the caramel chew chew is amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Inane phrases. When people on social media say "I don't know why I laughed at this" in response to a funny post. Because it's... funny?

"Is it just me or?" Of course it's not just you, as you well know.

Ben and Jerry's is excessively sweet rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Inane phrases. When people on social media say "I don't know why I laughed at this" in response to a funny post. Because it's... funny?

"Is it just me or?" Of course it's not just you, as you well know.

I was gonna post this yesterday, I was thinking is it just me who finds this annoying? :p

Is it just me... yeah cos you're just so unique 🙄

Equally on social media when people say "Can we all just stop a moment and appreciate her bravery..."
    How do you know other people aren't quietly appreciating her bravery. Just shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Porklife wrote: »
    I was gonna post this yesterday, I was thinking is it just me who finds this annoying? :p

Is it just me... yeah cos you're just so unique 🙄

Equally on social media when people say "Can we all just stop a moment and appreciate her bravery..."
    How do you know other people aren't quietly appreciating her bravery. Just shut up!

Reminds me of those awful posts where someone shares a picture of a sick child and says "it's my birthday and I've lost all my family/ limbs etc. I bet I won't even get one like" or numpties who comment "Amen" under religious posts.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Reminds me of those awful posts where someone shares a picture of a sick child and says "it's my birthday and I've lost all my family/ limbs etc. I bet I won't even get one like" or numpties who comment "Amen" under religious posts.

A derivative of my post above but "Surely I can't be the only one who thinks...."
    It takes a certain type of person to even think that way let alone express it. Who says you're the only one snowflake?!

It also annoys me when people in YouTube comments write out the entire lyrics or dialogue if its a movie clip. Stop it..you're ruining it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I received in the post a new 'vintage' (I know I know :pac:) T shirt.

Seemingly the vintage part must mean that the fairly large print on the front looks cracked and worn...wasn't obvious from the online photo...not sure it's me :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

When you turn on the kitchen tap to fill the kettle or wash something and there’s a spoon or jug in the sink already and it drives the water back up all over the place and all on you.
    That does my fcukin head in.

• Advertisement

Is it just me... yeah cos you're just so unique ��

So sanctimonious. LinkedIn is woeful for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It also annoys me when people in YouTube comments write out the entire lyrics or dialogue if its a movie clip. Stop it..you're ruining it :(

They're the kind of people that hear a joke told to a group of people, and then turn around to one of the group and tell it to them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

All motoring related today :

It's like nine years away but 'no more petrol or diesel cars from 2030'. I'm sure some of my concerns are exaggerated by unfamiliarity with the technology and/or will be improved in the meantime, but I live in a townhouse - how the **** am I supposed to charge it? Put a big cable across the path? Walk five minutes to the nearest car park carrying all my stuff every time I want to use my ****ing car? I wonder how much thought about implementation the pricks that came up with that policy put in....

How bad people are at simply turning a corner. I was at Dennehy's Cross earlier taking a tight left. My car has a relatively poor turning circle, but it was simple to approach it slowly, put on full lock, and turn with plenty of space to spare. The Yaris in front of me swung wide before the turn, making a bit of a meal of it, but was relatively okay. The Mercedes estate behind me made a mess of it - swung wide before the turn and still managed to not only cross over the 'right turn cycle box' around the corner, but the right turn lane as well. It's a busy junction that was quiet at the time and had nobody waiting to turn right. How would they have managed in heavy traffic? If they're that bad at simply turning a corner should they have a license at all?

Lastly how little thought people put into inconveniencing other people. On a 700m straight stretch with one van parked to make a delivery, where did some prick in an Audi decide to stop to make a phone call? Within 5m of the ****ing van. Two vehicles parked on the entire road and he's created a bottle-neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When you turn on the kitchen tap to fill the kettle or wash something and there’s a spoon or jug in the sink already and it drives the water back up all over the place and all on you.
    That does my fcukin head in.

That's one of three water-based TA's that have happened to me over the last 24 hours.

Another: when you are pouring water from the kettle into the saucepan to cook one of those boil-in-the-bag rice pouches, but whatever angle the crease in the bag is causes the water to splash all over the hob.

Third one: no matter how much drying there is outside (christ I sound like an ould one now), not all my clothes dry uniformly. Oh no, there is always one pair of boxers or a sock that is still wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

WhatsApp, Snapchat and Instagram lurkers. The first to view anything, but never contribute anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Be right back

The 2 morons deciding to have a chat with their buddy at a fuel pump while all the other pumps are in use, despite plenty of parking spaces around the station. Still having the chats when I refuelled, paid inside and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The 2 morons deciding to have a chat with their buddy at a fuel pump while all the other pumps are in use, despite plenty of parking spaces around the station. Still having the chats when I refuelled, paid inside and left.

I do this and I also park at the pump even if I'm not getting fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When looking for a place on a street, people who don't bother their arses putting a number on the door of their house or business.
    Or stupid little numbers hidden somewhere.
    Why can't it be like France where everyone has an easily spotted bog standard design number?

When looking for a place on a street, people who don't bother their arses putting a number on the door of their house or business.
    Or stupid little numbers hidden somewhere.
    Why can't it be like France where everyone has an easily spotted bog standard design number?

I lived in Berlin for a few years and the street numbers are ridiculous. Every street starts with the number 1 and gets progressively higher but on the opposite side it works the same way so it's impossible to know where you are. If you google zig zag street numbers in Berlin it explains it better than i can.
    I missed a few job interviews cos i couldn't figure out where the hell I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    WhatsApp, Snapchat and Instagram lurkers. The first to view anything, but never contribute anything.

I don't accept those as friends

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My next door neighbours have no respect for anyone outside of their house at all. I've already moaned numerous times about how the man in that house had been using drills and hammers all day nearly every day for weeks. It's now been three months since this started and he actually p!ssed me off three nights ago. I was working until 8pm and my fiancée rang me at 7pm nearly in tears.

Upset over the phone she was telling me that the neighbour had been drilling and banging on the skirting boards of his house from the moment she got home and hadn't stopped once. It was a Monday evening. She works from 8am til 5pm and still has to drive 45mins to get home. Even on a rainy night it didn't stop him as he had decided to bring his precious f*cking buzz-saw inside so he could continue doing it indoors.

I've came to the conclusion that both of them next door are ignorant f*cks with no cop on for anyone around them. This is a fairly quiet housing estate for the most part and it's only ever loud during weekend afternoons (kids playing and whatever) and he has to be the only one in this particular street that does this.

He's only after walking inside from his garden after spending 20mins shouting on the phone and laughing outside.

The two of them do not wave to us when we go past them even after we wave or say hello we get nothing back. When we get out to the car to drive off we can see the woman standing at her car door and not once does she look back to wave or nothing. You know, like literally any other next door neighbour???

Last night was bin-night and the woman had the cheek to move our bin back up against our gate because it was in the way of her big stupid white Kia, which she parks on the pavement directly in front of their (and ultimately our) house (we share the same pavement. There's plenty of parking spaces around the corner of the house and she chooses to do this. Blocking anyone who may have a disability from going by in a wheelchair). Her method of driving out involves driving off the pavement past our house before u-turning onto the road.

We try so hard to be friendly to other residents of the estate and we do get a hello and a nod but sweet feck all from these two.

The two of them are ignorant bastards.

And I don't know if it's a superiority thing. Their house is clearly bought, and we're renting, so I do not feel like I am in a position to say anything to them in case I get hit with a "this is my house I can do what I like" line.

All of the houses here look like they're bought. Do I dunno if they look at us and automatically think we're not worth being friendly to. Maybe that's why he cares not a shíte to make as much racket as he likes at any time of the day? I don't know. But either way it's really getting to me.

TA. Noisy and ignorant neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Not trivial..I went to get water in the local graveyard, the bottom part of the brass tap is gone..i searched around, it had to of being taken..
    I went and got a replacemet and short length hose and clip...
    Burn in Hell you hungry bastard !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I wanted to speak to my GP, regarding test results I had in the Mater a short while ago... the last lot two years ago I had to chase up. I’m sick of being the person with a medical condition yet I’m the one constantly having to put in phone call after phone call to get results... or in non covid times go make an appointment, have my gp email the hospital and yet zero call to me as promised.

I see now my surgery have removed their email address from their contact page, I’m sure with covid, inundated with requests for vaccines, cancellations etc...

But in the covid landscape, patients still need help, support and access to information about their health.

A once great practice that seems to be nosediving, the reviews on google in 2016 4/5 star.. now and since, have nosedived... 1\2 star reviews which they’ve never had...

Too many patients, too few doctors, a pair of fûcking ignorant dopes manning reception...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ppl that mention at every opportunity that they paid by revolout when buying something online. What fcuking difference does it make, is it meant to make you look cooler!
    'I bought (a thing), paid with revolout'. Wow, you saved an extra 5c with a pretty looking card, well done....

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Ppl that mention at every opportunity that they paid by revolout when buying something online. What fcuking difference does it make, is it meant to make you look cooler!
    'I bought (a thing), paid with revolout'. Wow, you saved an extra 5c with a pretty looking card, well done....

Well I usually pay 40 euro every 3 months to AIB because I use my card to buy everything. I reckon if I switched to Revolut that cost would drop by a lot. I can see the appeal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Well I usually pay 40 euro every 3 months to AIB because I use my card to buy everything. I reckon if I switched to Revolut that cost would drop by a lot. I can see the appeal tbh.

Except thats not my annoyance. My bank charges me 0, should that mean i announce it with every opportunity!

Further TAd that i my TA was countered.

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Except thats not my annoyance. My bank charges me 0, should that mean i announce it with every opportunity!

Further TAd that i my TA was countered.

Wasn't my intention.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Strumms wrote: »
    I wanted to speak to my GP, regarding test results I had in the Mater a short while ago... the last lot two years ago I had to chase up. I’m sick of being the person with a medical condition yet I’m the one constantly having to put in phone call after phone call to get results... or in non covid times go make an appointment, have my gp email the hospital and yet zero call to me as promised.

I see now my surgery have removed their email address from their contact page, I’m sure with covid, inundated with requests for vaccines, cancellations etc...

But in the covid landscape, patients still need help, support and access to information about their health.

A once great practice that seems to be nosediving, the reviews on google in 2016 4/5 star.. now and since, have nosedived... 1\2 star reviews which they’ve never had...

Too many patients, too few doctors, a pair of fûcking ignorant dopes manning reception...

Sounds exactly like my doctor's surgery - the guts of two months to get blood tests back, and I had to contact the consultant's secretary myself a few times to get them. I know for a fact that the results would have been ready the evening of the day the bloods were taken, so there's absolutely no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

When you post something in a thread and ten minutes later another poster says exactly the same thing but using more words.

Why?

Happened twice the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you post something in a thread and ten minutes later another poster says exactly the same thing but using more words.

Why?

Happened twice the last few days.

They were probably typing for longer than you.
    It drives me mad when I post something or Tweets something and the same basic reply is above mine.

Advertisement