Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

• 08-05-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Is there anyone out there that you just don't like and you just can't explain it? Someone who you just can't stand but they've never really done anything to make you feel that way.

For example, I have an irrational dislike of Emma Watson. I've never really seen any of her films or interviews but if I look something up and she's in it, I'm subconsciously voting against it. When she showed up in This Is The End I sighed and I'm not quite sure why. Can't explain it. Feel similarly towards Anne Hathaway.

Who's yours?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

Sandra Bullock,,,,can't bear her,,,,don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

James Corden

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Steven Hawking!!

Edit- thought the op wanted a list of people who couldn't stand!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Cheryl Tweedy/Cole/Fernandez-Versini. I always thought she would be more of a Precious Princess than Nation's Sweetheart and would be thornier than that tattoo on her ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

The majority of celebrities are quite unbearable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

This is a good thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there that you just don't like and you just can't explain it? Someone who you just can't stand but they've never really done anything to make you feel that way.

For example, I have an irrational dislike of Emma Watson. I've never really seen any of her films or interviews but if I look something up and she's in it, I'm subconsciously voting against it. When she showed up in This Is The End I sighed and I'm not quite sure why. Can't explain it. Feel similarly towards Anne Hathaway.

Who's yours?

Ha. Those would be my two. To be fair to hathaway I just hate her for Rachel getting married. May not be her fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

inexplicably? No

I don't like Eddie Hobbs or that Ginger economist - don't trust them- seem to peddle easy answers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Ray Darcy

Louis Walsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Ruth Coppinger

Eddie Hobbs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It must be irrational because everyone else seems to be fauning over them but I can't stand Brendan O Carroll nor Conor Mc Gregor

I find the the Mrs Brown character crass tasteless humor aimed at the lowest possible intelligence.
    McGregor is just an obnoxious oaf who's only "skill" is he can beat the head of another human.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is a good thread

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

James Corden

Yep, it's like everything he does is so self indulging, or something.
    Like, that carpool karaoke, I watched a clip of the Lady Gaga one earlier, and he's just there like, signing his head off ....trying to be somebody....or something!?
    I can't explain it! Hence why I'm posting, but god I hate him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Jimmy/Saul brother Chuck from Better Call Saul......does my head in :p

Oh yeah, Conor McGregor... a scobes wet dream

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Merryl streep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Ronan Keating. ....and all the knobs who took part in those new Lidl trolleycam adverts.

• Stephen Fry. I find him smug, condescending and basically gross. A faux-intellectual, essentially.

• Advertisement

Will Ferrell
    Nicolas Cage

_Brian wrote: »
    It must be irrational because everyone else seems to be fauning over them but I can't stand Brendan O Carroll nor Conor Mc Gregor

I find the the Mrs Brown character crass tasteless humor aimed at the lowest possible intelligence.
    McGregor is just an obnoxious oaf who's only "skill" is he can beat the head of another human.

If People are fawning over Mrs brown I've yet to hear it. In public or in private or on the Internet.

(Sure lots of people watch it - just they don't seem to mention it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Halle Berry.

I think it's from when she won the Oscar and bawled. Can't abide her now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Benedict Cumberbatch. Mainly his face, plus also maybe the fact that he seems to always play smug or just plain unlikeable upper class characters.

• Ed Sheeran. Mr Authentic

Stephen Fry. I find him smug, condescending and basically gross. A faux-intellectual, basically.

is calling someone "faux-intellectual" not really ironic? Doncha think?

Double negative. Try again.

How is it a double negative?

pseudointellectual is the word

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Nicole Sherzinger and Ronan Keating,

• snowflaker wrote: »
    How is it a double negative?

'Not really ironic'. 'Do you not think'

• Advertisement

It's funny that people are explaining their choices. No need.

Vincent Browne.

Advertisement