Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

lordlame wrote: »
    Took this footage earlier on today near the magazine hills / popes cross - was a fantastic day for flying

Have another clip to edit too - been a busy day

https://youtu.be/mKFPTHQj9us
    Very nice. It's times as rare as this that it makes the purchase all worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

One more: https://youtu.be/-Rt3RBWGzO8

Audio should be updated soon on both - the Cavan one got removed due to copyright ( orbital - halycon ) but I’ve changed that now

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ThePicker

Ok this has probably been asked and answered but there is 61 pages to go through. Whats the range on this drone?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

ThePicker wrote:
    Ok this has probably been asked and answered but there is 61 pages to go through. Whats the range on this drone?

I've got 2KMs down the beach. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ThePicker

tedpan wrote: »
    I've got 2KMs down the beach. :)

Nice, I have a small drone at the moment, it's only a toy really but I was thinking of an upgrade for the summer and I like Xiaomi products I bought a Xiaomi phone and love it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

So my drone went about 4 feet on take off and just turned and went straight at the ground. I had checked everything twice, habit, and cannot understand why it just nosedived.

Raging now I didn't have it recording, as that might have given an insight. Is it safe to assume xiaomi won't want to facilitate a conversation about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats the damage?

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the damage?

Camera broke off from its holder, main cable detached. Propellers went flying all directions, but those would be easily replaced. One arm of the drone now broken and the plastic open.

Not good. Turned it on to get the flight log, hoping that might help. Had it been my fault I would take the hit, but it literally went up and crashed down at a few feet up. Can’t figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Took this footage earlier on today near the magazine hills / popes cross - was a fantastic day for flying

Have another clip to edit too - been a busy day

https://youtu.be/mKFPTHQj9us
    One more: https://youtu.be/-Rt3RBWGzO8

Audio should be updated soon on both - the Cavan one got removed due to copyright ( orbital - halycon ) but I’ve changed that now

Two suggestions:
    1. Apply stabilization in post, there's a quite few judders left in (and maybe playback at 180%)
    2. Get into grading - its no quick skill to learn but with the snow shots theres huge potential for improvement if the Mi lets you shoot flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

hi guys . do ye need to connect your drones to the mi home app, if the answer is yes, have ye experienced problems with it/

• Advertisement

hi guys . do ye need to connect your drones to the mi home app, if the answer is yes, have ye experienced problems with it/

Yes you need the app. I've used it mainly on iPhone without issue and with an android also. Others have mentioned connection issues with iPhones though.

Raging now I didn't have it recording, as that might have given an insight. Is it safe to assume xiaomi won't want to facilitate a conversation about this?

So my drone went about 4 feet on take off and just turned and went straight at the ground. I had checked everything twice, habit, and cannot understand why it just nosedived.

That's really strange, I'm not sure what to advise as I haven't seen anything like that before. :( Really disappointing you don't have footage to send to Xiaomi.

Nope, it connects via the controller and mi drone app.

That's really strange, I'm not sure what to advise as I haven't seen anything like that before. :( Really disappointing you don't have footage to send to Xiaomi.

Ever crisis an opportunity, I found the flight log through the app. Luckily that captured what I done on the controller and its short trip upwards before nosediving. So hopefully that is enough to show that it genuinely was an error.

Ever crisis an opportunity, I found the flight log through the app. Luckily that captured what I done on the controller and its short trip upwards before nosediving. So hopefully that is enough to show that it genuinely was an error.

I hope so mate. Let us know how you get on.

Did you have the propellers on correctly?

Did you have the propellers on correctly?

Yes. I was concerned with anything ever happening so went out of my way to ensure human error at least never a factor. Checks several times before ever pushing the controller up.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

I had regular connectivity problems with an Android phone on 4.0

Have read a few reports that the older android versions are not the best to be using. Have a new phone on the the way so will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

jim salter wrote: »
    I had regular connectivity problems with an Android phone on 4.0

Have read a few reports that the older android versions are not the best to be using. Have a new phone on the the way so will report back.

thanks for that, its not a drone im trying to connect to the app, its a xiaomi vacuum. I've spent I think about 12 hours since last week trying to pair it with no luck whatsoever.
    ive a newish phone, so it cant be that.

If anyone has any ideas how they overcame pairing their drones to the app I would welcome them, I'm out of ideas at this stage.

thanks for that, its not a drone im trying to connect to the app, its a xiaomi vacuum. I've spent I think about 12 hours since last week trying to pair it with no luck whatsoever.
    ive a newish phone, so it cant be that.

If anyone has any ideas how they overcame pairing their drones to the app I would welcome them, I'm out of ideas at this stage.

I know the vacuum and the drone have the same brand, but they're very different devices and probably made by different manufacturers. Xiaomi sells products from many manufacturers and sells them under the Xiaomi brand. Thus, the software on both will be completely different and you'll need advice specific to the vacuum software.

In other news, with direct cable connect, my drone drains my phone battery quicker than it drains its own battery! I have a redmi note 3 and it can go 2 days on a charge in normal use, but the drone app depletes it in 15 minutes. Must try the WiFi dongle and see if that helps.

Little video of the iconic Arbour Hill, Dublin 7

https://youtu.be/hmM3l0EKD1k

• Advertisement

lordlame wrote:
    Little video of the iconic Arbour Hill, Dublin 7

Awesome! Need to get back outside:)

1st flight in ages. Lovely day for a mess around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Do anyone know if there has been any word on new model being released? Original 2 years ago, 4k, this time last year, should we be expecting a new version?

padair wrote:
    Do anyone know if there has been any word on new model being released? Original 2 years ago, 4k, this time last year, should we be expecting a new version?

Not that I've seen. I'd say they're doing well with the 4k in Asia and meets most people's need at a decent price so no need for a new version. I'd say it'll be at least another 6 months before they announce any new releases. I'm hoping for a smaller option, like the spark.

Another flight from this afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

Nice Tedpan! Yesterday was a class day for the drone

https://youtu.be/NUgdm_unOfM

keltoms05 wrote:
    Nice Tedpan! Yesterday was a class day for the drone

Cheers man, was a great day!

Was I too late, it's not on YouTube anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05