Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fortnightly Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Yep its out today. Got it at half eight this morning ;)

:D Cheers! Got mine yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not reading these in order so just read Spider-man: Coming Home which was the first issue. I remember picking these up when they originally came out solely for the J. Scott. Campbell covers and JR Jr art and not paying too much attention to the storylines at the time as Spider-man prior to JMS was dire.

On re-reading it I enjoyed it, the mystical take to Spider-mans origin was fresh, Ezekiel added a new Uncle Ben/Mentor aspect, and Morlun felt like an actual threat to Spider-man although the actual fight and his defeat seemed rushed. The highlight for me was the phone call by Peter to Aunt May when he thinks there is no hope of him beating Morlun.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pariah

Bistoman wrote: »
    I have the same trouble with My second delivery, 25 days late now. I did get trough ,to someone in India !!!, And they agreed this morning to send out a replacement. If I don't get it in the next few weeks, Ill just cancel it and go back to FP or Sub C. The contact number is a British one, Although it gives a number from Eire, You still have to dial 0044 first.
    Got no ****in delivery yet :(
    still waiting for 2nd delivery subscribed in time for dark phoenix and extremis got novels mug and dvd well over the four weeks and no second delivery. might aswell be using smoke signals trying to get through on the phone line.
    I'm still waiting for My second shipment, Although they took My money, Not having any luck with the email or contact number. Anyone else having the same problem?

Same here lads,

Just checked the invoice(?) I got with the 1st shipment - dated 19th of JANUARY!!!
    I emailed them at the start of this week, but no reply.

Does ANYBODY know what the story is with this????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I got a letter some time in january nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I can tell you all that from experience partwork subscriptions from the UK can take a long time.

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I can tell you all that from experience partwork subscriptions from the UK can take a long time.

Even near 70 days for something that's meant to come roughly every 30??

Pariah wrote: »
    Even near 70 days for something that's meant to come roughly every 30??

I once waited 6 months to get a final package of magazines I had paid for the average was around 3 months wait. It was the first and last time I ordered partworks direct from the company I thought it would be easy by ordering it online from the company save me poping into town to the newsagent after all the hassle and delays I went back to the newsagent.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I once waited 6 months to get a final package of magazines I had paid for

So you'd given them the money?
    I ask, because the money for the 2nd shipment was charged to the credit card I had put down when registering...

Pariah wrote: »
    So you'd given them the money?
    I ask, because the money for the 2nd shipment was charged to the credit card I had put down when registering...

Yup money was taken from credit card and waited months with not much response from the company via emails.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

At this point anyone who's unhappy with the service they're receiving for this subscription (which does sound pretty sub-par for some of you who subscribed) should be getting in touch with the provider. There can often be postal issues with these kind of subscriptions where you can get particular items re-sent if you haven't received them in a certain time.

Seems feeble that they don't have an Irish phone number, but nonetheless - if you haven't received your deliveries, get onto them and ask for them to be re-sent or your money to be refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

i dont know if anyone has seen this but its a full list of whats going to be published.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection#List_of_books

i'm disappointed with some of the stuff in it,no kree/skrull war,inferno,bloodties or fall of the mutants and not a single silver surfer story,yet they include the siege,son of m and road to damnation (there are better ghost rider stories).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

statomosh wrote: »
    i dont know if anyone has seen this but its a full list of whats going to be published.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection#List_of_books

i'm disappointed with some of the stuff in it,no kree/skrull war,inferno,bloodties or fall of the mutants and not a single silver surfer story,yet they include the siege,son of m and road to damnation (there are better ghost rider stories).
    silver surfer will appear in the issue with Marvel Zombies... i know it's not the same but it's at least something

i for one are looking forward to that line-up of issues, granted there are some that could've been added but otherwise it's a good list

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

has anybody ordered back issues from them yet.i need to get a couple issues but they dont sound like they are the most reliable with sending issues and i was wondering if it was the same with back issues.

statomosh wrote: »
    has anybody ordered back issues from them yet.i need to get a couple issues but they dont sound like they are the most reliable with sending issues and i was wondering if it was the same with back issues.
    You're probably best asking your local newsagents or comic store to order them in for you. Seems they're more likely to deliver promptly to a retailer rather than their subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

jpcarlow wrote: »
    You're probably best asking your local newsagents or comic store to order them in for you. Seems they're more likely to deliver promptly to a retailer rather than their subscribers

Yep, my brother works in a supermarket and they get it delivered for him, there still seems to be a bit of a delay in it but that could be down to him not being told it has arrived, and it is nothing like the delays that have been mentioned here.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, my brother works in a supermarket and they get it delivered for him, there still seems to be a bit of a delay in it but that could be down to him not being told it has arrived, and it is nothing like the delays that have been mentioned here.
    and i get mine ordered through the newsagent beside the supermarket where i work (mine wont as we no longer order in partworks....not even one copy....which i would be guaranteed to buy :rolleyes: ) and it gets kept for me by them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So has anyone even recieved one of the graphic novels yet ?? Outside of the confirmation letter i mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scaryspacedude

i received the dvd mug and issues 2 and 3 and thats been it so far, i rang last week and i eventually got though on another attempt this morning. They told me that on the 20th Feb issues 4 and 5 and the book ends were posted to me, i didn't get them. She was adament that they were posted she couldn't give me a tracking number they don't do them for some reason and she told me that they would sent them out again at the end of the month.I couldn't believe she was actually getting thick with me on the phone anyway i said that if it was posted on the 20th Feb and you presumed i got them, then why wasn't issues 6 and 7 posted out on the 20th March she couldn't give me an answer. I reckon i'll be calling again in a fortnight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I have to say, lads, I've had a few magazine subscriptions over the last 4-5 years and none of them have been anywhere near as bad as what you're describing on here.

If I were ye I'd cancel and see if I could convince a local newsagent to get them in for me. They have to be reasonably timely with newsagents because those are returnable orders and they get penalised for shipping delays. (I know, I know, such concepts are alien to anyone used to the vagaries of the Direct Market...:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

i received the dvd mug and issues 2 and 3 and thats been it so far, i rang last week and i eventually got though on another attempt this morning. They told me that on the 20th Feb issues 4 and 5 and the book ends were posted to me, i didn't get them. She was adament that they were posted she couldn't give me a tracking number they don't do them for some reason and she told me that they would sent them out again at the end of the month.I couldn't believe she was actually getting thick with me on the phone anyway i said that if it was posted on the 20th Feb and you presumed i got them, then why wasn't issues 6 and 7 posted out on the 20th March she couldn't give me an answer. I reckon i'll be calling again in a fortnight.

Its getting to be a right pain in the arse, I missed a delivery this morning, so I will have to go to the local sorting office to collect them later. I dont know if its the missed 2nd delivery, or if its the 3rd. Ill let You all know when I get them. :P
    But yes, this service is unacceptable, When I have My " Free" gifts I will be canceling the subscription, Hopefully I will have something for My troubles.
    p.s. The Mug " Free" gift that came with the first, was Not the one pictured on the website, More like an eggcup than a mug.

• Advertisement

Its getting to be a right pain in the arse, I missed a delivery this morning, so I will have to go to the local sorting office to collect them later. I dont know if its the missed 2nd delivery, or if its the 3rd. Ill let You all know when I get them. :P
    But yes, this service is unacceptable, When I have My " Free" gifts I will be canceling the subscription, Hopefully I will have something for My troubles.
    p.s. The Mug " Free" gift that came with the first, was Not the one pictured on the website, More like an eggcup than a mug.
    seriously? ah jaysus it just gets worse....they really need to clean up their act

Turns out to be the Missing "Venom" & " Ultimate's" Editions.

How long were you waiting?

Well I was expecting them about the 10th of Feb, So almost 2 months :(

Well I was expecting them about the 10th of Feb, So almost 2 months :(

:( I'm waiting on them too, hope they come next week now.....

pervy pervy hulk :P

Just a little update. After emailing them on the 19th March, I finally received this reply:

"Thank you for your email and please accept our profound apologies for the delayed response.

Please be advised that issues 4, 5 and the Zap Book ends were sent out on 20/02/2012. Please confirm if you have received these or if we need to replace them.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance."

Funny the way the date is the same as scaryspacedude, no?

This week it's Incredible Hulk - Silent Screams

Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_372.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Received Winter Solder and Silent Screams this morning.
    Never got
    The Ultimates: Super-Human
    The Amazing Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
    Thor: Reborn

Very pissed off at this level of service and it's near impossible to get through on the phone

• Advertisement

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Received Winter Solder and Silent Screams this morning.
    Never got
    The Ultimates: Super-Human
    The Amazing Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
    Thor: Reborn

Very pissed off at this level of service and it's near impossible to get through on the phone

Exact same thing happened me this morning. Did you email them? I got an email reply asking for my address, or subscription number - so they can try sort the problem out

Advertisement