Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK Cupid

• 18-02-2004 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

http://devel.okcupid.com/

So I've been investigating the whole online dating scene, and have found this site to be by far the best. The only problem is that there aren't any Irish people on it! So I thought I'd drum up some enthusiasm.

Here's how it works. The more questions you answer, the more accurate the results are. Every question asks you how you would like your ideal match to answer it, and how important it is to you that they do so. Based on these answers, it matches you up with people in your area, or all over the world.

I've found it to be pretty damn good, as I'm an unusual person, and wasn't expecting to get too many matches. But everyone who I've emailed on it has been pretty damn cool.

And then there's the clincher: it's totally free. It's still a work in progress, so there's frequent outages and plenty of bugs. Right now the search is broken, and I've no way to link to my own profile.

So yeah, register. It's good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Amazing .. but most Irish people would use one closer to home, such as rsvp.ie and the like.

Why after hours?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

do you use that name on the datiing website's

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

The online dating game is so over crowded at this stage anything offering a little something different is good. Dont like the logo though! Also Cupid.ie looks like it could be a bit of fun...if youre bored!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

"The Window Shopper

Random Gentle Love Dreamer (RGLDf)"

Apparently I want love instead of sex! Interesting test though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Most of my online presence is based in the US, so I wasn't even aware there were Irish equivalents. So what have we got? Cupid.ie and rsvp.ie? I'll check them out.

I posted in After Hours because I couldn't find a better forum to post in. I didn't look very hard, but it seemed like the best one. Can you recommend a place to post this that might get more responses?

My name on the dating sites is AndyFB, which stands for andyfatbastard, which they won't know until they get my email address. :D The name was ironic when I registered it. It's a lot less ironic than I'd want it to be nowadays! :p

• Advertisement

Hmmm Andy FB, we appear to have a 45% match...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

absolute bull****. The Vapor Trail Random Brutal Love Master (RBLMm). not me at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

45% match => 55% mismatch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Thank you Capt'n Obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

I think the rod up your bum has a rod up it's bum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DUX

Hey, I am a GENTLEMAN:

Deliberate Gentle Love Master (DGLMm)

anyone up for a date?

:D:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by blondie83

ROFL. a/s/l? :p

45% is pretty piss poor. :cool:

I'm afraid its gone down to 33% since I started answering questions:( Never mind, if I can just find out if Jazzyjeff is someone on boards then I'lll be sorted!

We'll just have to go on a date and then argue about everything. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Pool Boy
    Random Gentle Sex Dreamer (RGSDm)

that doesnt sound too good now, does it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

CONSIDER: The Vapor Trail, someone just like you

/me winks at Karoma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    The Pool Boy
    Random Gentle Sex Dreamer (RGSDm)

that doesnt sound too good now, does it :(

yea i got the pool boy too apparently, this test isnt the best

Aahhhh yes TheSpark Class website

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Auburn
    I think the rod up your bum has a rod up it's bum
    hehe

Originally posted by AL][EN
    yea i got the pool boy too apparently, this test isnt the best

Aahhhh yes TheSpark Class website

It's made by the people who founded the spark, which has since been bought out by a gigantic soulless megacorp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Hence all the Advertising that wasnt there before!! oooo the shame at least they still have all the funny tests there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Manchild?!?! MANCHILD?!?

I strenuously object.

In the immortal words of the fly...

I'm....getting....better:rolleyes:

Just got an email from this scary 39 year old Italian guy, who looks like this!1075532466.jpg

Ah isn't the internet great:D

Yeah it rocks. I got a random mail from a girl who's name was 'norwegianblue', assuming she was a Monty Python fan, I asked her if she stunned easily.

She somehow got it into her head that I was about to email her pictures of something unpleasant. :confused:

And yes, she was a Monty Python fan, but was so jaded to the internet that she immediately went with the disgusting perverted angle, not realising I was quoting the scene from which she took her username. Apparently if I'd told her she had wonderful plumage she'd have understood. But where would be the fun in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by blondie83

Maybe because you both have a pulse and are from the same species....but I could be wrong

Advertisement