Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More lidl offers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

Look an awful lot like Skins at a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

gottarun wrote: »
    Look an awful lot like Skins at a fraction of the price.

I noticed that as well, but that does not mean the stuff will be anywhere near as good.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The skirt is pretty silly looking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

The skirt is pretty silly looking...

Do you not feel a need to be both stylish and modest while running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Lidl has some good stuff for running on the 14th. A sort of fake Skins compression kit still good im sure, sunglases with 2 lenes (will point out aldi had 3 lenes for same price this week) Some Support Bandage And Heart Rate Monitor etc
    - http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl...fferdate=12770

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mapvil

Just wondering if LIDL have sold these HRMs before and if anyone has experience with them? Look like a great bargain for 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Picked up a couple of pairs of compression socks - where would ya be goin' for fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

mapvil wrote: »
    Just wondering if LIDL have sold these HRMs before and if anyone has experience with them? Look like a great bargain for 20 euro.

Bought a Crivit one before from Lidl and the HR monitor didn't work -wouldn't pick up signal from strap. The watch was good though and I had only bought it as a cheap stopwatch to use in swimming pool (even though it wasn't rated very waterproof (3m), it never had an issues. Since I didn't need the HR monitor part I never checked it out further and actually assume it was just a dud battery. I bought the 20euro one this morning to try it as a HR monitor - it works so far anyways and HR was accurate, will test it out this evening on a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Picked up a couple of pairs of compression socks - where would ya be goin' for fiver.

+1 Got a pair in LIDL before and tried them out for the first time 2 weeksa go on a long run - maybe all in my head, but I definitly noticed a positive effect, legs felt fresh after 17miles. Picked up a few more pairs this morning as going to use them now on all long runs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I find the compression socks good, but also have a pair of 1000 mile and they are alot better but you do pay more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

shels4ever wrote: »
    I find the compression socks good, but also have a pair of 1000 mile and they are alot better but you do pay more.

Do you where the compression socks when running or just afterwards. I have a pair of white asics ones but only wear them after my run. But thinking i should wear them running on long runs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Do you where the compression socks when running or just afterwards. I have a pair of white asics ones but only wear them after my run. But thinking i should wear them running on long runs?

I wear them for all my long runs, and if the legs feel tired or stiff I have slept in them too. Not sure exactly if its a placebo or no tbut find I recover from long runs quicker when I wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I use them both during and after and on the odd occassion to bed <sexy> ;) and great for long haul flights.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Picked up one of the running vests today, not tried it yet though.

I've been pretty happy with the socks I've gotten in the past though I've never found them great for long runs compared to the Nike socks I use which are comfortable as hell for long runs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Missed out on the cycling shorts, wonder will those be okay.. hate when the stitching goes in the crotch or maybe thats just from my lady sized thighs...

Well managed to get the bike repair aerosol never saw them before worked a treat

oh and might get one of those exercise mats, 20 euro me ars e for a yoga mat!

Advertisement