Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoDaddy Hosting and .IE Domains DNS

• 05-02-2011 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Just purchased a hosting package with GoDaddy (mostly for static IP address and SSL cert EV)...
    After i've done it,i found that GoDaddy is not the most friendly with .IE zone domains...

However,i'm having problems transferring the DNS records.
    The domain is just being registered so is no pressure to go live or lose data.

I have changed the DNS server records in the local ISP Control Panel to point to GoDaddy NameServers:
    PDNS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    PDNS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

When i run a dns check is saying no dns server can be found.
    I gave it overnight as waiting propagation time...

Read all the RTFMs on GoDaddy and on local ISP.

I just have to wait until monday to talk with the local ISP support guys BUT in meantime i would love to fix it myself...for my own satisfaction !! :)

I would appreciate any input...
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can't update the nameservers of a .ie domain name until it is fully registered and you need to make sure that the new nameservers have a full set of records for the domain in question before you try to make the switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Thanks,
    I had the .ie domain long registered with local DNS.
    Dunno,it worked by disabling the DNS records on local isp.
    then,just a matter of waiting !
    closed...

What is amazing (in special in the type of project i'm involved) is the unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth...quite amazing !!

Advertisement