Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.5mm Stereo USB Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver Adapter for PC Speaker - €5.03 [Ebay]

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I have no use for this but still bought it. Dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone get it to work with a PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

It's showing up as nearly €13 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

If anyone doesnt want theirs, I'll buy one from you. Dont fancy waiting 2 weeks for it from HK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭KathleenF

Donmeister - I don't want mine - damn impulse buying! Sell to you for cost price + postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone else feeling buyers remorse and not want it?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

madmoe wrote: »

Thanks,
    M

you can have mine when it arrives! (cost + postage?)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Anyone else not want theres? I will pay cost + postage for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mark 00

I'll join that list too if anyone's selling. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭KathleenF

Mines still available, just send me a PM! Cost + postage gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mark 00

KathleenF wrote: »
    Mines still available, just send me a PM! Cost + postage gets it.

Pm'd !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

how easy would it be to setup with multiple devices - say in a semi public setting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

i got mine today. put it through hi-fi (panasonic) and it sounds great. no cutting or peaking. put it through genelec monitors and it sounds good too. range for me is about 5m. still though, i had breakfast this morning in the kitchen, put on spotify while browsing the net on my phone and listened to soothing sounds coming from sitting room. its pretty cool!

@captain midnight. would love to know what its like on multiple devices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jellyjelly

This is awesome! Tried mine out today and its great. Its the solution I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Complete impulse buy here.
    Can anyone tell me where the usb goes and where the 3.5 mm bit goes.
    :o
    Unfortunately, i don't think my speakers will work with this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,996 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

it's powered by the usb and plays music through the 3.5mm

what type of speaker setup do you have

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Jellyjelly wrote: »
    This is awesome! Tried mine out today and its great. Its the solution I was looking for.

Likewise, although for me, it was the solution to the problem I never had in the first place! (Much like all great solutions)

it's powered by the usb and plays music through the 3.5mm

what type of speaker setup do you have

Logitech x240.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-970285-0120-X-240-Speakers-2-1/dp/B000RY58PG

Speakers -> via 3.5mm -> Subwoofer.
    Subwoofer -> lead -> control centre (with power on/off switch).
    Control centre -> lead -> via 3.5 mm -> smartphone/laptop etc.

The only usb slot would be on a laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

You plug the USB into a power source. I use a spare iPhone plug ie pop the USB into the plug and plug straight into a power socket.
    Then just pull the 3.5mm into your source in to the speakers. That's it. For now I have a really basic cheap set of Logitech speakers purchased from lidl a few weeks ago. This solution is perfect. But I plan to pick up a better set of speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,996 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

If you use the speakers for pc or laptop you could feed the blue tooth audio out into the laptop line in or mic

Or the just directly to the speakers with some stand alone usb power

Thanks.
    Got it working.
    Never knew you had to plug it into the wall. :o
    Not bad.
    One less wire i suppose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Mine arrived today.

It really is well worth it for the money.

Plugged it into a USB plug and the 3.5mm from my dual phono cable coming from my speakers.

Sounds fine to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

There's a lot of crackling with mine, anyone know how to eliminate that? Otherwise it's perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks can anyone tell whether this would work to connect this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Live-Stream-Media-Player/dp/B005MYX33K/ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=340831031&s=computers to my speakers across the room?

Does it matter if the audio out from the WD LIVE TV isn't done via usb?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

cormie wrote: »
    Folks can anyone tell whether this would work to connect this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Live-Stream-Media-Player/dp/B005MYX33K/ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=340831031&s=computers to my speakers across the room?

Does it matter if the audio out from the WD LIVE TV isn't done via usb?

That doesnt have bluetooth streaming as an output on it on it so no dont think so mate...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the swift reply, that's a pity. Wonder is there any alternative that could be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

I'm just after receiving this but don't know how to get it to work. I have speakers with a usb port on it and also with an auxiliary in socket. I have the bluetooth dongle plugged in and the 3.5mm lead out of the dongle and into the auxiliary too. Don't know if that's right but the laptop isn't picking up any bluetooth devices around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

clonadlad wrote: »
    I'm just after receiving this but don't know how to get it to work. I have speakers with a usb port on it and also with an auxiliary in socket. I have the bluetooth dongle plugged in and the 3.5mm lead out of the dongle and into the auxiliary too. Don't know if that's right but the laptop isn't picking up any bluetooth devices around?

Is the blue light flashing on the usb? Most likely the usb isn't being powered as you need to be in aux mode. One way to check if this is the problem is bring your laptop over to the speakers and plug the usb into the laptop with the aux cable into the speakers on aux mode. Then do a search for bluetooh devices.

Long term solution is to get a wall socket usb charger and plug the usb into that.

Advertisement