Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traynors Car Dismantlers.

• 27-10-2011 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Anyone here used them? Opinions good or bad?

And i shouln't ask here as its not about cars but does anyone know how to ring them as i cant figure out the area code :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's a British number, you need to +44 in front and remove the first 0.
    Btw, everyone seems happy with them afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

NI numbers are all 028 xxxxx
    If you dial 048 xxxx from the RoI, it gets you through and is cheaper than +44 28 xxxxx.

Can't help on Traynors, but they're supposed to be very good at what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 95jag

Thanks Lads :)

PAS pump ordered €30 job done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Used them before for new parts excellent service and price.

They would come to Gort near me and people would collect the parts ordered and pay by cash or credit card as they have a portable credit card machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Great service - recommended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Ive used them a few times, no problems.

They have their own delivery truck that goes to certain towns at certain days/times, suits me as its only 1 mile from where I live.

Delivery is included in the price.

The last time I got something off them I tried chatting to the delivery driver (who had a serious chip on his shoulder for what ever reason) and I managed to get out of him that in the last few months they were extremely quiet! I thought a recession would be a boom time for breakers!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Used them before, picked up a good condition fully working part for €75 that the dealer was looking for €400...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

find out what time they deliver to your town and ask about the deadline for ordering otherwise you will have to wait a`week.

got four rims for e60., saved a search around the scrapyards.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

found them very good. got break servo unit for toyota avensis delivered to galway for 10 euro less than a scrap yard in galway sold me one. 40 euro from them 50 in galway i think.

(the one i got from galway was the wrong one, had a job to get money back from the galwy one too, tried telling me it was correct part, then said they would get the correct one in. eventually got money back.)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

there bang-on ,,been using them for years ,,
    they do a delivery service too .there just outside armagh heading for dungannon ,about 45 imns drive from dundalk etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Traynor's are the best of the best, the Steven Seagal of car breakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭golfbgud

I have bought new and used parts - no issues.

Shop with confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patchxx

I have tried Traynors and Dempseys for an automatic gearbox for a 2001 toyota picnic 2.2 diesel but no luck. Any body know where I could locate one. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

patchxx wrote: »
    I have tried Traynors and Dempseys for an automatic gearbox for a 2001 toyota picnic 2.2 diesel but no luck. Any body know where I could locate one. Thanks.

Try this site
    http://www.partfinder.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Their (Traynors) online parts form keeps throwing up an error everytime I use it.

They used to have a searchable list of vehicles being dismantled too did they not?Where you could look and see that they had the parts from 50 Corrolla's say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I have used them a few times over the years, I do recommend them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patchxx

Already done part finder. No luck. Thanks any way.

Advertisement