Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test with the supervisor

• 22-05-2019 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

My sister in her 50s has failed the test 3 times over the years with the same tester each time.
    . She drives our elderly mother to all her hospital appointments and to shopping etc. Shes very very nervous to the point of being sick on test day.
    She applied to do the test again recently and her driving instructor advised her to write to NDLS and tell them about how nervous and uptight she is.
    They phoned her and said that they are arranging for her to be tested by the “supervisor”. What does this mean? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Heya.
    A supervisor is someone who will not only
    1. Put the person at ease more
    2. Understand that some ppl are a lil uncomfortable in test situations etc.

I had to do my test 4 times. Although 1 of the tests there was a major dispute over. On the 4th go I was given and asked for a supervisor. After the initial paper pre test stuff in the office, They just sat and chatted to me for 5mins, put my mind at ease and explained the route we would be taking. Gave plenty of notice for turns they wanted me to take and chatted in general terms during the test.

Hope that helps and good luck to your sister doing the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Heya.
    A supervisor is someone who will not only
    1. Put the person at ease more
    2. Understand that some ppl are a lil uncomfortable in test situations etc.

I had to do my test 4 times. Although 1 of the tests there was a major dispute over. On the 4th go I was given and asked for a supervisor. After the initial paper pre test stuff in the office, They just sat and chatted to me for 5mins, put my mind at ease and explained the route we would be taking. Gave plenty of notice for turns they wanted me to take and chatted in general terms during the test.

Hope that helps and good luck to your sister doing the test.

Thank you.

Been very very nervous and driving are not 2 things that go well together

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

With practice and experience comes calmness

• Registered Users Posts: 27,943 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not necessarily - it could be the test aspect that makes someone nervous, not the actual driving.

• Advertisement

Been very very nervous and driving are not 2 things that go well together

She’s not a nervous driver. At all. She’s phobic about the test. Any test. Exams interviews etc always the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Where is she sitting the test?

Where is she sitting the test?

Thurles. The tester is known locally as Fail em <snip>.

Mod: please refrain from naming testers

Advertisement