Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag night in Ireland any ideas?

• 27-04-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

I need some advice here guys, Getting married in July and thought I had the stag sorted but it's fallen through.
    I'm looking for some ideas for a group of around 15 guys of mixed ages.
    I was thinking of galway for a saturday and saturday night so I'm looking for some recomendations for accomdation and day activities, but i'm open to ideas. I know alot of pubs don't allow Stags into them so I've no idea where to look.
    Any info appreciated.
    Cheers :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

go to sea sessions last weekend in june, or if u r fixed on galway end your night in the quays bar , there is also an air rifle range in gal could be a fun activity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Buy cans.
    Find field.
    Drink.

Bring your own tunes.

It's the stag on a budget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The Marble City!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

@careymary
    sea session sounds wicked but I don't think the oldies would like it.

@ feelingstressed
    I had looked into Kilkenny but it's a bit too close to home,

Keep the ideas coming, that was fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Rent boat to travel down the river shannon.

Fill boat with drink and sausages, wear lifejackets.
    Then stop in riverside town for the odd pint & cooked dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

My advice would be dont get married, that way you can head off on lads weekends whenever you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Letterkenny is a savage spot for a stag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I was in Galway for a stag 2 weeks ago, 16 guys also.

http://www.pureskill.ie/

For non-alcoholic 2 hours

Then hit up coyote bar with women dancing on the bar and a free go on the mechanical bull. (also, more opportunity to creep)

Absolute savage weekend. Place is covered wall to wall with people having the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

ocj wrote: »
    Hi,

I need some advice here guys, Getting married in July and thought I had the stag sorted but it's fallen through.
    I'm looking for some ideas for a group of around 15 guys of mixed ages.
    I was thinking of galway for a saturday and saturday night so I'm looking for some recomendations for accomdation and day activities, but i'm open to ideas. I know alot of pubs don't allow Stags into them so I've no idea where to look.
    Any info appreciated.
    Cheers :confused:

Sligo. Organise Surfing lessons. Good Golf courses, sligo town has some excellent pubs.

Galway is fantastic. End of.

Invade some random small town,

Hire a mini bus and do a mystery tour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Be original and have it in Temple Bar....

• Advertisement

Kilrush or Kilkee in Clare

Take a boat out, you can bring your own cans and do some fishing

No connection to this site, just the first page on google
    http://www.fishing.westclare.net/charter.htm

They'll take you out and give instruction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

I think this looks like it would be great craic, Id say a bunch of guys would have a great time: http://xtreme.ie/

You could do that during the day then head into the pub afterwards.

If you're driving Galway direction you can head here
    http://www.pallaskarting.com/

You can hire out the track just for your stag party if you want. You don't have to do an open session

I love the place
    Here is a lap (not my video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5U077y3WN8

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    I think this looks like it would be great craic, Id say a bunch of guys would have a great time: http://xtreme.ie/

You could do that during the day then head into the pub afterwards.

I can see myself lying on a hospital bed after that!
    Went paintballing once for a Stag do (during the day) ended up losing a pair of Nike runners and getting a spasm in me back 2 days later which was agony!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

kfallon wrote: »
    Went paintballing once for a Stag do (during the day) ended up losing a pair of Nike runners and getting a spasm in me back 2 days later which was agony!!!

Paintballing is really tough for a stag, everyone wants to sleep afterwards. I did it twice and was in bits afterwards, you are in no mood for a night out.

Try Wexford or Waterford for a change for a stag but Galway is great craic, my brother's stag was there last year. But just be aware that bouncers are a problem, more than Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Killarney is very good for one but Galway is just class for any kind of session. Place is always full of American women, pure quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TheUsual wrote: »
    Paintballing is really tough for a stag, everyone wants to sleep afterwards. I did it twice and was in bits afterwards, you are in no mood for a night out.

Try Wexford or Waterford for a change for a stag but Galway is great craic, my brother's stag was there last year. But just be aware that bouncers are a problem, more than Dublin.

Tbh I was dying for a gargle after it, didn't enjoy the paintballing at all tho, not my scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

The Ward in north Dublin I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Paintballing is a load of me bollix. A total rip-off. Probably one of the worst value for money activities I have ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Right, I've never been to Galway on a stag as I live here but have seen plenty stags and hens here.
    There are plenty pubs and clubs in the place and while some may not be Stag friendly the majority are. Theres plenty choice for pubs,clubs food and activities.
    Some activities have been mentioned already -
    This is a relatively new track that has opened close to the city:
    http://www.galwaycitykarting.ie/contact.php
    Theres also Palas karting http://www.pallaskarting.com/ (already mentioned) - a bit outside Portumna - I'd advise renting a minibus for this and hit a few pubs on the way back into down (I can point you towards a reasonable bus company if you are into this)
    You've also got the few bits and pieces mentioned already then the one I actually like best on a stag - rent an astroturf (or bigger pitch) for a good aul game of soccer - cheap - a bit of craic and easy to organise - plenty options around the city.
    You can get budget accomodation (Victoria Hotel is popular with stags - plenty other options as well)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

This is all good info, I'm hearing the good and the bad here.
    Keep the ideas coming. The paintballing maybe a bad idea as it'll prob be the weekend before the wedding and She doesn't want the wedding party covered in bruises. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

head to leeds flights are 38 euro for the weekend i booked for 22 lads and drinks dirt cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Carrick on Shannon is a good spot was down there last year for a stags loads of other hens and stags there the weekend we were there, also good if you like fishing you can rent a boat out for cheap enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

carlingford seems to be a hot spot for stag and hen parties.hadnt been there in years and was surprised the last time i was down there at the amount of them.plenty of good pubs more or less beside each other.beautiful place aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

West Belfast. Proper riot of a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

kfallon wrote: »
    I can see myself lying on a hospital bed after that!

Seriously? You are such a baby! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Castlebar is a great little town with excellent pubs, as is Dingle. One problem you might have in popular towns is that sometimes places want nothign to do with stags (may have chanegd with Steven).
    Going to one of the islands would be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH -> Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 12 westernfan

right first off forget Castlebar as they dont like stags and once ye go into the first pub and they find out you are a stag they will ring the others around and ye won't get in anywhere...as someone else said ye could go to the shooting range in liosbaun and then the indoor karting centre is up the around the corner which you could then go into..takes up a few hours and then ye could strollinto galway for the pints...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

Go to one of the islands.
    You'll bother hardly anyone there

Advertisement