Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is Jar Jar back for the latest Star Wars? It was a shame he just disappeared in the prequels.

awec wrote: »
    Is Jar Jar back for the latest Star Wars? It was a shame he just disappeared in the prequels.

I'm only using Jar Jar quotes in the Ulster thread from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Man in High Castle and The Boys (couple of good kiwi actors) are 2 of the reasons I'm thinking of Amazon. Another is Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. Loved the books, enjoyed the movies (the earlier ones were better) so thought I'd give the TV show a look.

When is the LOTR show due out?

Tennis wouldn't be high on my list of sports I like watching. GS finals maybe. What other sports are they getting?

It's bit part right now. I believe they have the Thursday night NFL games and two days of Premier League soccer in December (including Dec 26th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Venjur wrote: »
    I'm only using Jar Jar quotes in the Ulster thread from now on.

"Mee-sa No-sa likes dat"

"Mee-sa No-sa likes dat"

Now that's a user name I've not heard in a long time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Salted caramel is delicios

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

How on earth do people have time to watch so many movies and tv series? I gave up years ago, can't even remember the last time I was in a cinema, possibly The Force Awakens, funnily enough. As for TV series... damn, maybe House of Cards around 3 years ago or so? (Before the Spacey stuff surfaced).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Not having kids helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ireland score 3 goals in a single game? Pop the champagne :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Ireland score 3 goals in a single game? Pop the champagne :pac:
    thank God I went racing instead of working that crap. Nobody there and really crap game against poor opposition.
    Monday should be bit better. Might actually be an atmosphere there Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

thank God I went racing instead of working that crap. Nobody there and really crap game against poor opposition.
    Monday should be bit better. Might actually be an atmosphere there Monday!

Hey. Poor opposition!! That's NZ you are talking about. I'll have you know that..... yeah. You're right. Carry on.

On the plus side, good to see Winston Reid back on the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Hey. Poor opposition!! That's NZ you are talking about. I'll have you know that..... yeah. You're right. Carry on.

On the plus side, good to see Winston Reid back on the field.
    :pac:
    its normally what ye have said about us in rugby so it's nice to have shoe on other foot.
    Grand warm up for Monday all the same even if crowd will be totally different. We'll play a totally different team, wont be playing a side playing a first international in over a year etc etc

Constant mentions of a virgin, one mention of the kama sutra; Christianings are weird

• Registered Users Posts: 11,081 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

In other news, Israel Folau is still a moron

https://twitter.com/PetrusduPlessis/status/1196185383622643718?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I went to school and University in South Dublin. Most were grand people. But then you'd get the odd bunch like this. Make you want to gouge your eyes out with a spoon.

https://twitter.com/cianherbsx/status/1195735995745996800?s=19

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Posted this in broadband forum but by the looks of it replies can take a while there. So seeing as some of you seem up to speed on tech stuff (this is decidedly low-tech for here), any help with this question?
    Zzippy wrote: »
    We have Vodafone mobile broadband in the house - paying €60 a month for 150GB data. Speed is ok, kids use Netflix a fair bit and rarely buffers. But it's not cheap, and a few times we've been cut off before the billing date when the data limit was reached. A right royal pain in the a$$.

Considering switching to Three, but have read horrific reviews about speed throttling and customer service. So was considering a 30-day contract (no router) rather than take the router and 18/24 month contract.

Can I use the Vodafone router we already have and just put a 3 SIM in it? Long out of contract with Vodafone so no problem switching, just wondering if their equipment will prevent a 3 SIM being used? At least if we experience bad speeds we can go back to Vodafone...

Do you want to avoid getting a router? I'm paying 43 per month without a data cap. Don't think I could deal with having a cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I am not sure you can use the VF router, but I am almost certain you can order an unlocked one off Amazon for that much

errlloyd wrote: »
    I am not sure you can use the VF router, but I am almost certain you can order an unlocked one off Amazon for that much

Needs to be one that works in Galway though, this is a popular model out west.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Posted this in broadband forum but by the looks of it replies can take a while there. So seeing as some of you seem up to speed on tech stuff (this is decidedly low-tech for here), any help with this question?
    I think those routers are locked to the provider (like mobile phones). You could probably buy an unlocked router on eBay or the like. Huawei do some pretty good ones that you can get for around the £60 mark. Then just pick up a 3 mobile PAYG SIM with a €20 top up and you're good to go.

In fact if you get the 3 SIM, you can test it in your Vodafone router to be sure. Easy and cheap way to do it and if it doesn't work, you can keep it for the Huawei router.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So Levy has sacked Pochettino and his coaching staff. The website has crashed with people trying to read the statement.

Fúck me, Levy's such a dickhead. Definitely the end of an era for us.

So Levy has sacked Pochettino and his coaching staff. The website has crashed with people trying to read the statement.

Fúck me, Levy's such a dickhead. Definitely the end of an era for us.

Madness.

Mourinho incoming? I’d say the arsenal job will be available soon so he might wait for that.

awec wrote: »
    Madness.

Mourinho incoming? I’d say the arsenal job will be available soon so he might wait for that.

Mourinho and Levy would be an absolute nightmare combination for the fans. There's no way Levy would open his wallet to allow Jose to do what he does best, which is try and buy success.

There's talk of Benitez which would probably work out, he's a man who loves developing younger players, but honestly we've a massive issue in the dressing room with players who just aren't motivated and don't seem to care.

Mourinho and Levy would be an absolute nightmare combination for the fans. There's no way Levy would open his wallet to allow Jose to do what he does best, which is try and buy success.

There's talk of Benitez which would probably work out, he's a man who loves developing younger players, but honestly we've a massive issue in the dressing room with players who just aren't motivated and don't seem to care.

Benitez a good shout, think he’d be a good fit at spurs.

United should go get Poch, but they won’t :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Do you want to avoid getting a router? I'm paying 43 per month without a data cap. Don't think I could deal with having a cap.

What provider? We are kinda stuck with wireless... No fibre and so far from the cabinet that copper wire internet speed around here is muck.
    prawnsambo wrote: »
    I think those routers are locked to the provider (like mobile phones). You could probably buy an unlocked router on eBay or the like. Huawei do some pretty good ones that you can get for around the £60 mark. Then just pick up a 3 mobile PAYG SIM with a €20 top up and you're good to go.

In fact if you get the 3 SIM, you can test it in your Vodafone router to be sure. Easy and cheap way to do it and if it doesn't work, you can keep it for the Huawei router.

How can we test a 3 SIM in the VF router if it is locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

What provider? We are kinda stuck with wireless... No fibre and so far from the cabinet that copper wire internet speed around here is muck.

How can we test a 3 SIM in the VF router if it is locked?
    It's just testing to establish if it is locked. I'd be 90% sure it is, but it would be a bit stupid not to establish that for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭b.gud

Anyone here switch from Virgin media to Sky or Vodafone Fibre, (not siro)? Thinking about switching and wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

b.gud wrote: »
    Anyone here switch from Virgin media to Sky or Vodafone Fibre, (not siro)? Thinking about switching and wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

The problem with Vodafone/Sky/Eir is your fate is completely in the hands of an Eir engineer if you haven't got an active phone line that has no issues and have the existing connection points. And BT to switch your line over.

It can be simple sometimes and happen flawlessly, particularly if you aren't porting a phone number over, or it can be an absolute nightmare and can take weeks if not months.

Best thing to do is if you have an older phone connection port in the house, get a lend of an old landline phone to connect and lift the handset or try dial out, if you hear a dial tone you're laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

As a Spurs fan for nearly 40 years I’m well used to being disappointed. This week has taken it to a whole new level though. Jose and Levy is a marriage made in hell. I hope he falls flat on his face and both of them get the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Lamar Jackson is the next NFL superstar. He's absolutely incredible to watch.

Jackson had an incredible game last night too.
    He and Mahomes could be this generation's Manning and Brady.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement