Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Chumpski wrote: »
    Hey, anybody know if there has been any developments on finishing the train station ?

As far as I know , there is Planing permission but no Budget or current plans to actually build it.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

As far as I know , there is Planing permission but no Budget or current plans to actually build it.

No movement then since I last heard. Thanks.

Is this a problem on Irish Rail's side (they do have budget issues ongoing for a few years now) or the development company who built it (I assume that was Ballymore)?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Chumpski wrote: »
    No movement then since I last heard. Thanks.

Is this a problem on Irish Rail's side (they do have budget issues ongoing for a few years now) or the development company who built it (I assume that was Ballymore)?

I think you might be confusing the empty retail unit/sport equipment storage on the north side of the canal for the train station? The haven't broken ground on the train station which will be on the south side of the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Keithchap wrote: »
    I think you might be confusing the empty retail unit/sport equipment storage on the north side of the canal for the train station? The haven't broken ground on the train station which will be on the south side of the canal.

Ah I am confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

Hi, intending to lay laminates but Munster Joinery going on holiday so they've said it'll be at least two weeks before they could assess whether they can raise the doors to account for the 8mm floors and 3mm underlay. I don't really fancy plaining these myself as not something I've done before. Has anyone else laid their own laminate floor and what do you do about the doors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

griffdlk wrote: »
    Hi, intending to lay laminates but Munster Joinery going on holiday so they've said it'll be at least two weeks before they could assess whether they can raise the doors to account for the 8mm floors and 3mm underlay. I don't really fancy plaining these myself as not something I've done before. Has anyone else laid their own laminate floor and what do you do about the doors?

It's not Munster Joinery who would do this anyway I don't think. It's the guys who do the internal doors. Although Munster Joinery would be responsible for the front and back doors.

I'll pm you a number of someone to contact for the internal doors at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

griffdlk wrote: »

The chap who laid our laminate flooring done all the doors and door frames himself. He was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Keithchap wrote: »
    Does anyone know what type of wood the floorboards are? Looking to get a quote to get them sanded and varnished.

Ballymore have informed me that the wood is Deal wood which is a softwood:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-deal-wood
    "“Deal” is a word, used mostly in the UK, to refer to unspecified inexpensive softwood, usually pine. There are no real characteristics that define deal; anything that is cheap, soft, and generally nondescript would qualify as deal."

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Hi,

I'm interested in buying one of the four bed houses in phase 3 (most likely the willows but maybe something else). I was wondering if anyone minded sharing what price they paid in phase 1 or 2. I spoke with the agency today and they were quoting me 435,000 but looking at the property price register and i can see that the most expensive house sold in the area in the last year is 405,000 which means they have hicked the price up 30,000 in just 6 months. Sounds like a bit too high of a jump.

Any feedback would be appreciated, if you don't want to publicise then feel free to pm me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

mikehene wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm interested in buying one of the four bed houses in phase 3 (most likely the willows but maybe something else). I was wondering if anyone minded sharing what price they paid in phase 1 or 2. I spoke with the agency today and they were quoting me 435,000 but looking at the property price register and i can see that the most expensive house sold in the area in the last year is 405,000 which means they have hicked the price up 30,000 in just 6 months. Sounds like a bit too high of a jump.

Any feedback would be appreciated, if you don't want to publicise then feel free to pm me.

Thanks

You should note that for new builds the ppr excludes VAT so the prices appear cheaper then what was paid. I think it's 13.5% less then actual price.

The prices for each phase are earlier in the thread. Try searching for the more unusual house styles and you should be able to find them fairly quickly. Add €10k for a second parking spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Really? Ok that makes sense then. Many thanks PhoenixParker.

I'll search through now.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Are there phases still available? Where is phase 3?

mikehene wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Specific location and garden size also play a role, i.e. new Heron's along the canal are quite a bit more expensive than ones without a canal view.

Price increases with:
    Phase, later phases paying quite a bit more.
    Extra car parking spot.
    larger garden.
    location, does it have a canal view.

HTB would not have been about for some of the earlier purchases either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

Hi all, for those that have already laid laminate floors, what did you choose for flooring in the kitchen, did you go for laminate throughout or so ceramic / vinyl / something else for the kitchen?

Hi all, for those that have already laid laminate floors, what did you choose for flooring in the kitchen, did you go for laminate throughout or so ceramic / vinyl / something else for the kitchen?

Tiles in hall and kitchen https://goo.gl/photos/2uEXk7iftXYiwf5TA
    Cost was about 2k total to purchase and fit

High end laminate in the rest of the rooms https://goo.gl/photos/qBmTwCs2HYeLisHS8
    Cost was a bit over 3k to purchase and fit

Haven't decided on the stairs and landing yet. Interested in seeing ideas from others. Curious to cost, brand of options etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

We painted the stairs white and then did a carpet runner up the middle, runner costs about 900 or so for good quality carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Nhol78 wrote: »
    We painted the stairs white and then did a carpet runner up the middle, runner costs about 900 or so for good quality carpet.

This is something we've been considering also, would it be possible to get a picture of how this looks? Still not sure whether to go with full carpet like the show house or carpet runner.

cronos wrote: »
    Tiles in hall and kitchen https://goo.gl/photos/2uEXk7iftXYiwf5TA
    Cost was about 2k total to purchase and fit

High end laminate in the rest of the rooms https://goo.gl/photos/qBmTwCs2HYeLisHS8
    Cost was a bit over 3k to purchase and fit

Haven't decided on the stairs and landing yet. Interested in seeing ideas from others. Curious to cost, brand of options etc...

Front Hall: Square of patterned tiles inside the door, surrounded by laminate.
    Kitchen: Laminate, with tiles around the island and kitchen area.
    Utility: white tiles
    Stairs: carpet
    Landings & all other rooms: Laminate.

Basically laminate except where theres a high chance of water spillage (immediately around island in kitchen & utility). Carpet on stairs as it softens up the feel and is a lot quicker and cheaper than laminate on stairs.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

Basically laminate except where theres a high chance of water spillage (immediately around island in kitchen & utility). Carpet on stairs as it softens up the feel and is a lot quicker and cheaper than laminate on stairs.

What style of carpet? Where did you get it etc... Curious as I'm looking into it.

What style of carpet? Where did you get it etc... Curious as I'm looking into it.

Went to carpet right and picked the nicest color (to us, color is medium grey) that was on offer and met the requirements (suitable for stairs and can be cleaned easily).

Carpet right advised that they have a number of carpets on sale each week, and it changes weekly. Just pick the one in the color/pattern you like & meets the requirements. If its not on sale, wait a few weeks until it is on sale.
    We visited until the one we wanted was on sale. 2 weeks later they fitted it.

• Advertisement

Anyone put shelving/storage in the attic and would you mind putting up a few pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Have you pics you could share ? Sounds really interesting

Il put some up when its fully finished. tiling in there is on hold until modifications to the island are complete.

Il put some up when its fully finished. tiling in there is on hold until modifications to the island are complete.

Cool I'm interested to see the carpets ;)

Cool I'm interested to see the carpets ;)

They're nothing fancy, similar to the show house, just plain grey carpet!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

I'd be interested too in the pics. tks!

Anyone put shelving/storage in the attic and would you mind putting up a few pics?
    hi, considering it too but haven't moved in yet so measurements will have to wait to get quotes.

hi, considering it too but haven't moved in yet so measurements will have to wait to get quotes.

• Advertisement

Advertisement