Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Griffiths Valuation/Land register records

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Just as an experiment, do you open the small or large map view?

I searched for Thomas Lamb in Malahide and clicked on the first entry small map. Blank square for about 30 seconds, then the corner info appears (guide to maps, the slider scale, etc) but no image. I've left it open in a browser window...nothing.

I am getting exactly what you describe in Chrome.
    Will try Firefox.

**edit Same thing in both Firefox and Edge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I tried Edge as well - same result. I left both for half an hour and they never loaded.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭srmf5

It works using the small window and opening another tab for me on Chrome. It says 'Preparing your map - this should take just a moment' and a few moments later, the map loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

I've had similar difficulties in loading maps, but I would have been searching in Griffith's names. I've just done a search in Griffith's Places and the map loaded in less than a minute. I then went back to Names in another tab and searched in the same area, and once again, the map failed to load. Same results in another browser.

Exciting Friday nights!

Advertisement