Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stickybottle.com or irishcycling.com ??

• 22-10-2011 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

cyclingireland.ie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Sticky bottle is growing on me thb. I like the way it's uncluttered and easy to read.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Sticky Bottle has the advantage because it's written in English, but would still look at Irish Cycling for domestic stuff especially pre-race info.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭reallyunique

Perhaps it's just my eyesight but the picture on stickybottle of Dan Martin looks like he's just won his first street luge event. Gets my vote just for that and the much better layout of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Stickybottle for its RSS feed, used to check irishcycling daily

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Junior

I've stickybottle in my Google Reader along with other cycling feeds, sadly that option isn't available on the 90's design of irishcycling. I'd check into Irish Cycling once a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

neither

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

neither

Alternative(s)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

RedTube.com for "different" riding positions :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I really dislike the name Sticky Bottle. It doesnt evoke an image of cycling in this country. It think it should be changed, to what I am not sure.

It is a nice site and well presented. I like the layout and content, best of luck to those behind it. Well done - just find a more suitable name. (Maybe, cycling in rain and covered in sheep ****e)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

You do know what a 'sticky bottle' is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

D20903 wrote: »
    You do know what a 'sticky bottle' is?
    Yes I do. But it is a generic term, and does not conjure up a website devoted to Irish cycling. It could be any cycling website, from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ROK ON wrote: »
    It could be any cycling website, from anywhere.

And indeed it is a cycling website, from Ireland ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

I like the website www.stickyirish.com ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Alternative(s)?

none

:p

I guess I just don't care that much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

FFS, lads. As much as irishcycling has invested in the sport over the years, it hasn't moved an inch forward since 1998.

stickybottle is much more readable (and apparently, topical). It also appears in FB feeds. Like just about every other news site.

Extra bonus points for not featuring a certain 'journalist' that writes like Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh speaks.

Advertisement