Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I’m pretty sure I have promotional GM and Opel plastic bags somewhere at home, they are in very good condition having been purposefully preserved by someone.

You’re welcome to them if I can find them (and if you want two plastic bags of course :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Wanted NSU garage sign, special tool kit for twin cylinder models. Anything NSU related considered

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭selfdiy

I’m pretty sure I have promotional GM and Opel plastic bags somewhere at home, they are in very good condition having been purposefully preserved by someone.

You’re welcome to them if I can find them (and if you want two plastic bags of course :P)

These are for a friend of mine in Belgium, any chance you have a picture of those.

Thank you for responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Does anyone have a set of staggered AMG monoblocks for sale? Preferably 19 inch, or 18 inch at a push.
    Or can anyone recommend a trustworthy alloy dealer?
    Some of the adverts online look dubious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Looking for a set of 4*100 in 14 or 15 inch, for an e30. Tyres not important.
    Need to be straight.
    Small scuffs are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Looking for advice on selling a LHD classic.

Belonging to a friend who doesn't do 'meedja' its a 1978 MG Midget.

Full details here :

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1232451

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

LHD wouldn't bother me. Looks like a nice car, but €6k for a Midget is top dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

Bring it to one of the big european shows like Essen or retromobile .Tecno classic Essen , sometimes has prices like that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

That looks like a nice little MG but at that price I'd want a straight exhaust box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭mountain

I have 4 Yokohama winter tyres,
    Size 185/60/R15,
    They are sitting in my shed about 3 years, maybe 200 miles on them.
    For a donation of 30 euro to Pieta House, they can be collected in west cork area, or cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Long shot here but does anyone in Dublin or along the M7 somewhere have plain old alloys in good condition to suit a 1997 W202 Merc that I could buy?

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Long shot here but does anyone in Dublin or along the M7 somewhere have plain old alloys in good condition to suit a 1997 W202 Merc that I could buy?

I have a set of W202 8 holes alloys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

w124man wrote: »
    I have a set of W202 8 holes alloys

pm sent

In the market for a road going 190e or W124 if anyone here has anything. Budget anywhere from 1-3k.

Will consider something else too. Anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭countyhouse

Wanted drivers side front seat for 1989 Austin Mini 30, anything in reasonable condition considered.

Photos show the passenger side seat, drivers seat must have same mechanism to lock seat in place when in the down position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Looking for a driver side headlight and two exhaust middle boxes for a 1984 Opel Senator

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Domotec

im looking for an engeing for this it has tree vellocet engeings one is missing
    Hi Do you still have this ?? Would you consider selling it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

My wifes family have asked me to advertise their old 1990 Fiesta van, its blue with 73k miles. Same family ownership since new (2 elderly brothers). Running and driving, have original service booklets and owner manuals etc and brown logbook all in perfect condition. Car is structurally v good, drivers side sill has some rust and a few spots around the window at the front and back.
    Everything works on the car, wheels are v good and even has the original plastic wheel nut caps still on.

Im reluctant to try find someone form donedeal etc as its important it goes to somewhere that will look to restore it.

If anyone would be interested send me a PM and we can take it form there, i have detailed pics and happy to share with interested parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Whats a non runner w124 worth? 190, 1989, cloth interior, sunroof, 4 door, body isn't great
    Id say. parked up a few years, that's all I can tell ya.
    I drive past it now and again, would it be worth more to break than it's worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

1987 Mercedes 190E W201 2.6 petrol automatic as in post no.3131 on this thread, 171k with a lot of service history.

Since I bought it has had underbody spray sealed, a new battery, serviced and will come with a new NCT.

PM for any more details.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I reckon most of the folks round here spend a bit of time on doneDeal anyway - but just in case you missed it linky

MmI5NGRiYzUyNDdmNGRlMTdiYzIyYzBjMjQzNmY1YjdReqMArPDdRw--D-itx6j6aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTc3NjYzOTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Glorious motor, Rob. Good luck with the sale!

https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/value-added-tax/part03-taxable-transactions-goods-ica-services/Goods/goods-transactions-motor-vehicles.pdf

Page 18 section 11 makes interesting reading about private individuals, ie you and me, selling cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

I've a serious hankering for that XJ40, Rob. Just as well I'm skint at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Do you mean this bit ?

"Any vehicle offered for sale by a private individual should be already registered, and VRT should not be an issue."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

You having a pop at me with this ?
    2nd time you've intimated there is an issue with me posting a pic of my car on UK plates.

FYI the car is on Irish plates and taxed for use in Ireland - dont believe everything you see in a photo - and of course - NEVER miss a chance to get on a high horse

RobAMerc wrote: »

Who me? No but if you feel the hat fits then wear it!

I simply posted something useful for those that buy and sell ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RobAMerc wrote: »
    2nd time you've intimated there is an issue with me posting a pic of my car on UK plates.

FYI the car is on Irish plates and taxed for use in Ireland - dont believe everything you see in a photo - and of course - NEVER miss a chance to get on a high horse

Just for the record I'm not making any connection with your ad either.

You clearly state in the ad that the car is cleared on Irish plates, taxed and tested.

Advertisement