Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Manker E02 1xAAA flashlight / headlamp €12

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I can't speak for the quality of the Lidl batteries, in the past some of the Tronics brand they sold were not well regarded. Like 2400mAh cells would have less than half the advertised capacity when tested. I don't know if their current cells are better; perhaps they are.

The Ladda Whites in IKEA we know are rebadged Eneloops (or something very close - made in FDK Japan) so very much a known quantity, you can't go wrong.

They're a little bit more expensive (AA Ladda Whites are €6.50 for 4) but I would pay the extra personally.

I'm using both Lidl and Ikea batteries and don't notice any difference. The biggest advantage the Lidl ones have is that I've a Lidl in walking distance yet it costs me €5 in tolls to get to Ikea and since I don't really need stuff from Ikea they end up expensive for a few batteries. Most people have a Lidl nearby very few live near Ikea and it costs €10 for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

My E02 and E03 arrived yesterday, ordered 12th December, very happy with them, similar quality to utorch, cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

I Ordered on the 13th of December and emailed them on the 3rd of January. Still hasn't arrived. I've opened a case with paypal to try and get my money back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ordered on 13th December, arrived yesterday, they had emailed few days ago to say it was in Country and showed tracking.
    Wouldn't work with a fully charged Ladda battery, put an alkaline battery in and works fine, great light from the AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

eventually arrived to day and not working , 5 weeks wait and I get a dud... life goes on TG for PP

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »
    eventually arrived to day and not working , 5 weeks wait and I get a dud... life goes on TG for PP
    Check it's not on electronic lockout.

1-2-3 click sequence: Click (short pause) double-click (short pause) triple-click

Check it's not on electronic lockout.

1-2-3 click sequence: Click (short pause) double-click (short pause) triple-click

I put a meter on it and no continuity on the (-v)

it worked by shorting the battery - to the chassis,

I could fix it but why should I bother ? it's faulty

orm0nd wrote: »
    I put a meter on it and no continuity on the (-v)

it worked by shorting the battery - to the chassis,

I could fix it but why should I bother ? it's faulty

Ok I was pondering over this during the day and since the case was conductive, why it wasn't working?

This evening I investigated and eventually under strong light noticed there was an o-ring in the cap . this obviously should have been in the external grove of the main case, managed to remove it with a strong needle, .. reassembled and bingo , working perfect.

just maybe a heads up if anybody else receives 1 in similar state

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

My one arrived today.
    Nice light, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Mine arrived. Happy��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

Me too. Long wait, but worth it I guess

Never received mine, actually forgot about it, logged into the website checked order, Jan 10 it said delivery failed, the last date was Feb 8 and it says, "Returned from oversea.

Nothing in post box to say a delivery was attempted?

Sent email, hopefully its sorted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Never received mine, actually forgot about it, logged into the website checked order, Jan 10 it said delivery failed, the last date was Feb 8 and it says, "Returned from oversea.

Nothing in post box to say a delivery was attempted?

Sent email, hopefully its sorted.

That’s a bummer.
    From memory it was a small package so should have fit in the letter box. Can’t remember if I had to sign for it though.

Gumbo wrote: »
    That’s a bummer.
    From memory it was a small package so should have fit in the letter box. Can’t remember if I had to sign for it though.

I don't have a door letter box, I have the AnPost post box and also an ordinary post box mounted on the wall, but nothing in either.

Ah well not to worry.

Advertisement