Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dark chocolate brown hair with head full of medium brown highlights?

• 19-08-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

I have dark chocolate brown,almost black hair.

I really want to get medium to light brown hair but I can't

So I was thinking of asking my hair dresser to put in loads( a head full) of light brown highlights on top of the dark to make it go brown. Would this work.

I was planning on taking this pic as an example http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Rachel+Shenton < I think that's how she got her hair brown as it is black in some parts

What does everyone think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rahor

Your own hair sounds great by the way! I'm not sure why you can't get it lighter- did you use permanent colour?
    I don't think she has meche highlights though as the lighter bits in her hair are quite subtle.
    Would you consider an all over permanent haircolour to lighten the case colour and then balayage to brighten it up? I have had both done before and balayage looks way nicer than loads of highlights and the upkeep isn't as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Is the dark brown you currently have now natural or from a colour? If it's natural the hairdresser should be able to lighten it fairly easily to whatever mid-brown you want. If it's from a colourant it'll be a little more difficult.

Advertisement