Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair online check in

• 12-05-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just after booking a flight for a buddy of mine in london for tomorrow with ryanair, and i selected online check in, but just clicked with me that he wont be able to get to a printer to print his boarding pass. Can he just check in at the airport?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

No option but to check in online.

To the Internet cafe!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Ryanair charge 40 euro to check in if you dont do it online!they also close online check in option 4 hours before flight and will charge you 40 if you miss it.i found this out the hard way and ended up paying 80 euro for myself and girlfriends check in when our flights were only half that.if i was you id tell your mate to find an internet cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

jrochie wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just after booking a flight for a buddy of mine in london for tomorrow with ryanair, and i selected online check in, but just clicked with me that he wont be able to get to a printer to print his boarding pass. Can he just check in at the airport?

Thanks

He can. But it will cost him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

if he is staying in a hotel just tell him to ask in reception if he could print it off, i done that before

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

The websie confuses me, it says there is a charge if you need to reprint your boarding pass, but then on the terms m conditions with the charges, it says says n/a for the fee! So in that case couldn't I check him in and then he can just get em reprinted??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

You can reprint the boarding pass yourself free of charge. So for example if your printer jams or you run out of paper, you can reprint the boarding pass later for free. This seems like an obvious feature but it actually used to be unavailable for Ryanair some time ago.

If you arrive at the airport without a boarding pass and ask Ryanair to reprint it, you have to pay €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

To update everyone, i just met my buddy so he got home alright!! I asked him that he have any hassle and he said no it was grand! So looks like he didnt have to pay anything extra and had no problem just checking in at the airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

Maybe he used one of the check-in machines? Ryanair have been rolling these out at many airports but their website does not make it clear whether these attract the €40 fee or not. I have never been brave enough to skip checking in from home and try the machines.

Advertisement