Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat/general discussion thread?

• 20-10-2013 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

how's about a general discussion thread here? for random anime stuff that doesn't really need it's own thread, etc, or just chat?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey Seph ;)

did you see this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Seems like there will be people here for one anyway, considering the amount of traffic that AH thread got :) Always wondered why there wasn't one here :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »

That's actually really cool :-D

entropi wrote: »
    Seems like there will be people here for one anyway, considering the amount of traffic that AH thread got :) Always wondered why there wasn't one here :pac:
    yeah, that did go pretty well ;)

and for the sake of it, lets get some music too :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hello in here!

hey cherry ;)

so, cosplay anyone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I was considering something for Eirtakon but it's gone to the dogs now. I'm working the weekend and can't get it off :(

Obligapic, here's me doing Death The Kid from Soul Eater a few years back.
    41135_434757572421_6558151_n.jpg

^^^^^^^ nice!

I'm working the weekend and can't get it off :(

Woe :(

I've never done any cosplay exactly, so been trying to think of something I could do. wearing glasses makes things a little difficult, I had been considering Hei from Darker than Black but wearing a mask over glasses just doesn't work for me and I can't go without them because I'm blind as a bat. then thinking maybe Zoe from Attack on Titan, but there would be an insane amount of work in trying to make the 3D manuver gear or buying a prop from ebay is way way out of my price range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

o/

so, cosplay anyone?

I love looking at cosplays but it's not for me personally. I simply don't have the confidence to put myself out there like that! I'm not arsed making them or anything either so yea, not really bothered :P But I can seriously appreciate the work that goes into a good cosplay and I've so much respect for people who do do it.

Oh hai folks 0/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm working the weekend and can't get it off :(

:(:(:(:(:(

Woe :(

I've never done any cosplay exactly, so been trying to think of something I could do. wearing glasses makes things a little difficult, I had been considering Hei from Darker than Black but wearing a mask over glasses just doesn't work for me and I can't go without them because I'm blind as a bat. then thinking maybe Zoe from Attack on Titan, but there would be an insane amount of work in trying to make the 3D manuver gear or buying a prop from ebay is way way out of my price range.

tbh that opens up your options a whole lot. There's plenty of characters that wear glasses :D

I was going to do Hei last year but then the financial costs just spiralled a bit. I would love to do Monobear from Danganronpa, was planning out a costume up til a few weeks ago. Maybe next year. Think I'll try swing it to the quiz though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

First anime con I'll have gone to is Eirtakon this year...gonna cosplay it up too (not saying it out here though, wearing it at Hallowe'en too so it's seekrit ;)), sure why not! Can only visit on the Saturday, but hoping it'll be fun :)

Cosplay is always appreciated. When I see the effort people have put in to creating a costume (and if they try their best to stay in character), all you can say is "fair play to them".

I hope I'll be able to go to Eirtakon this year, even if just for one day.

Also missing Eirtakon this year, very sad ;_;

HyperJapan, the big Japanese popculture convention in London, has it's own shop now in the Camden Stables Market! :D I'm going to be popping in there as I'm over in London in a few days for a very brief trip :D

Hello pals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I was thinking Johann Liebert might be an easy cosplay.

But, you know, Serial killer :P

• Advertisement

morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just a heads up that we got 2 new sources of streamed anime yesterday.

AnimaxTV is a new sub based service that seems to have risen from the ashes of Anime on Demand (it has a lot of its back catalogue). So far it is offering free simulcasts (starting with Magi season 2 :D , Coppelion and Beyond the Boundary) and a sub-paid back catalogue (even offering both subbed and dubbed episodes for some series):
    - Bakuman Season 1
    - Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King
    - Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II - Battle For Doldrey
    - Black Lagoon
    - Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage
    - Bleach Seasons 1-3
    - Bleach: Memories of Nobody
    - Bleach: The Diamond Dust Rebellion
    - Bleach: Fade to Black
    - Busou Shinki
    - Code Geass Season 1
    - Death Note
    - Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
    - K
    - Love, Chuunibyou and Other Delusions
    - Magi Season 1
    - Maoyu
    - Mardock Scramble: The First Compression
    - Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion
    - Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan Season 1
    - Persona 4: The Animation
    - Princess Jellyfish
    - Problem Children Are Coming From Another Dimension
    - Samurai Girls Season 1
    - Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
    - Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
    - Student Council's Discretion Lv. 2
    - Tamako Market
    - Tiger & Bunny
    - UN-GO
    - Vampire Knight

Watched the first 2 simulcasts of Magi and was a skippable ad and no real hiccups, even without an account.

Also, a site called Viewstar (which reminds me a lot of a free version of Netflix with its layout) has added a few older series to its lineup:
    - Armitage III
    - Dance in the Vampire Bund
    - Deadman Wonderland
    - El Cazador De La Bruja
    - FLCL
    - Girls Bravo
    - Hellsing
    - Is This A Zombie?
    - Ouran High School Host Club
    - Shuffle!
    - Strike Witches (Season 2)

Agan, no ads before viewing as far as I could see, though some series (such as Hellsing) are in 4:3 aspect which offends my widescreen sensibilities :p

Among other anime/manga related topics, MangaUK announced a few more DVD/Blu-rays licences for the next few months:
    - Attack On Titan, which was previously announced at Comic Con back in May, is on track for a DVD and blu-ray release next year.
    - Dragonball GT will be released as two DVD collections in January and March.
    - Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo will be released on both DVD and Blu-ray at the end of March.
    - Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Lost Tower will be releases on DVD and and as a DVD/BD combi-pack in February.
    - Psycho-Pass will be released on both DVD and Blu-ray in two half-season sets next Spring.
    - Steins;Gate The Movie: Loading Area of Déjà vu, which saw its premiere recently at the Scotland Loves Anime festival, is being "worked on".

Finally, Crunchyroll is opening a Manga section from the end of next week, offering series a day after they launch in Japan including Attack on Titan, Coppelion, Fairy Tail and a afew others. Subs will get you back catalogue access while free accounts just the newest issues for a week after release. Still, a nice cherry on top for my sub.

Thanks for the info monkey ;)

HyperJapan, the big Japanese popculture convention in London, has it's own shop now in the Camden Stables Market! :D I'm going to be popping in there as I'm over in London in a few days for a very brief trip :D

The Hyperjapan store was pretty disappointing, they had next to nothing in it. Selling pocky for £2.50 was taking the piss too.

Anyone interested in A&M beers? :)

I got really excited when I read that and then realised I won't be able to go anyway ;___;

Morning pals :)

Konata wrote: »
    I got really excited when I read that and then realised I won't be able to go anyway ;___;

When and where is this beers :-D?

We could have a beers in Tokyo? :p I know a few good spots ;)

We could have a beers in Tokyo? :p I know a few good spots ;)

and maybe konata will put us up :cool:

• Advertisement

and maybe konata will put us up :cool:

cramping half a dozen people into a Japanese apartment? challenge accepted! :D

Advertisement