Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Richard Corrigans city farm....

• 22-04-2009 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see this? I thought it was quite good. Im not a big fan of his,but I think he is ahead of the pack with this programme.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This has no place in Celebrity & Showbiz; sent to TV forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

blatant rip-off of ch4's river cottage with Hugh Fearnley-whittingstall(sp)
    RTE would'nt know an original concept if it bit them in the arse! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

de_shadow wrote: »

Did River Cottage have a group of people setting up a Farm for food?

Anyway I used to hate Corrigan but he is an excellent chef, his christmas series was excellent. You can tell he loves his food by they way he speaks about it.

Also isn't this a Reality TV show. I will check it out on RTÉ Player tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

i havent seen it but ive seen other shows by Corrigan. He is terrible. Im not sure if its the smug face, smug voice or the fact he is ripping off Jamie oliver / Fearnly-whatshisname. Wouldnt watch it if i was paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Kai wrote: »
    i havent seen it but ive seen other shows by Corrigan. He is eye terrible. Im not sure if its the smug face, smug voice or the fact he is ripping off Jamie oliver / Fearnly-whatshisname. Wouldnt watch it if i was paid.

What I used to say about him, but he is really good.

I didn't get to see the show but from what I gathered it was about a Farm and Food. Perhaps I can kind of see a Jamie Oliver connection with his save the nation type shows. I don't like the other guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

de_shadow wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

Elmo wrote: »
    Did River Cottage have a group of people setting up a Farm for food?

yeah hugh went to a working class area cleared off some waste/unused ground and had the locals set up a free holding they had veg, chickens and pigs.Every couple of weeks they would sell their produce to expand their farm.

i watched 10 mins of corrigan and that was more than enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭goldfishlover

corrigan is a ride

Advertisement