Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will law and order break down

• 14-11-2019 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Every week somebody in my job of a few hundred people has something stolen. A lad had his jacket stolen today. A cheap jacket.

With rent prices spiraling, zero hour contracts and the need now to be in a relationship to be able to afford anything more than poverty, with spiraling cocaine use and drugs being so front and centre that it’s not uncommon to see two lads sniffing cocaine at a urinal in a local pub during the week do you ever wonder what’s the breaking point?

I’m fairly comfortable myself but I see kids hanging around the area and their only hope of making a life is a dead end job for the rest of their life drifting from minimum wage job to minimum wage job while doing a bit of drug dealing or petty crime on the side.

When will it just go full crazy to the level when you will be lucky to get your shopping home from the supermarket?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Micheal Scrawny Jellyfish

23rd August 2xxx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

You are 9 missed meals away from Anarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Blast them with p1ss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,112 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

You are 9 missed meals away from Anarchy.

is that in a row, or cumulatively?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A long time from now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

You're either a gullible dumbass or a radio shockjock with no ideas left. Which is it?

I’ve got my ear to the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Friday week at 6pm!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

If there is ever a shortage of alcohol (even a hint of a shortage) the fabric of society will completely crumble

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If there is ever a shortage of alcohol (even a hint of a shortage) the fabric of society will completely crumble

A whisper of a shortage and there will be anarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Soon hopefully. Never been keen on following rules made by politicians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

We need to have an annual Purge night where anything goes to prevent this lawlessness. Hopefully this will be on the manifesto in next election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Ahmed Famous Image

When the moon is in the Seventh House,
    and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

We need to have an annual Purge night where anything goes to prevent this lawlessness. Hopefully this will be on the manifesto in next election.

I could imagine a certain sports star running amok during it with his entourage. I’d probably be ok I could afford weapons but waitresses and girlfriends of less successful people would be in serious danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When the next snow storm hits and we all take a digger to a supermarket.

To thine own self be true

People born in Ireland today are among the luckiest to have ever been born. They live in the wealthiest era, in one of the wealthiest countries in the world with great opportunity.

Haha you might say that if you spend your time with the haves, never seeing the have nots getting up earlier than you to pour your coffee that you pay 3 quid for. The same people hoping to one day be made supervisor earning themselves 50 cent an hour more and working 20 unpaid hours extra a week for the priveledge.

Probably on the first bus or train in the morning, system failed them, they didn’t fail the system like Hollywood movie will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

BDI wrote: »
    Haha you might say that if you spend your time with the haves, never seeing the have nots getting up earlier than you to pour your coffee that you pay 3 quid for. The same people hoping to one day be made supervisor earning themselves 50 cent an hour more and working 20 unpaid hours extra a week for the priveledge.

Probably on the first bus or train in the morning, system failed them, they didn’t fail the system like Hollywood movie will tell you.

You're one of the haves.

You're one of the haves.

I am. I havnt always been. I got a bit lucky with circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,328 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I am. I havnt always been. I got a bit lucky with circumstance.

That's what the other poster said. You are lucky to be living in the most prosperous part of the world in the most prosperous times in history. Unless you know sometime or somewhere better?

That's what the other poster said. You are lucky to be living in the most prosperous part of the world in the most prosperous times in history. Unless you know sometime or somewhere better?

I am, but a 20 year old lad Leaving school today has nothing unless his parents put him through college in a profession that he is lucky enough to make money out of and his first couple of years work.

If they don’t he may as well be one of the Matrix battery people stuttering through life worrying about his car breaking or getting pulled for not having nct. If he has a car and his job has parking that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

That was me once. I'm still on ****e wages but at least I have future prospects.

Some of the people I worked with in minimum wage jobs had law or engineering degrees from their home countries but came here because the wages are better. I doubt they really consider themselves have-nots.

• Advertisement

They failed themselves.

That’s what Hollywood tells you. Yes.

Should have took an internship at a solicitors after law school and worked 700 hours a week so that they could finally get out of their bedsit they raised their family in.

That was me once. I'm still on ****e wages but at least I have future prospects.

Some of the people I worked with in minimum wage jobs had law or engineering degrees from their home countries but came here because the wages are better. I doubt they really consider themselves have-nots.

I go into the slums they live in, in town sometimes to fix their houses. I doubt anybody here could live in them conditions.

Lukewarm yoghurts, not a bother. Not everybody can have a fridge. Pee out the back when the toilets blocked from constant use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

It's alright to say things can only get better,
    You haven't lost your brand new sweater

Your Face wrote: »
    It's alright to say things can only get better,
    You haven't lost your brand new sweater

Oh no

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I can't see any reason why there would be.

Unlike Venezuela and Bolivia, we'd actually welcome a military coup. Then again, our military hasn't a handgun between them.

I mean, if we haven't stormed Leinster House over the homeless/housing crisis or the dismantling of our health service, we're never going to do anything.

I honestly believe the only thing would get the Irish out in the streets in unison is if we were invaded by another country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I am, but a 20 year old lad Leaving school today has nothing unless his parents put him through college in a profession that he is lucky enough to make money out of and his first couple of years work.

If they don’t he may as well be one of the Matrix battery people stuttering through life worrying about his car breaking or getting pulled for not having nct. If he has a car and his job has parking that is.
    Bull**** statement. Ireland offers so many opportunities for anyone who wants to get on to get through college and towards a goal. Circumstance doesn't excuse you from ambition

The level of fantasy coming from this statement is very telling. It's very easy to rant on about stuff like this without actually having a base on reality.

There are these 'have-nots' pouring coffees living a good earning life in Dublin city with opportunity to work anywhere in the world.

J_E wrote: »
    Bull**** statement. Ireland offers so many opportunities for anyone who wants to get on to get through college and towards a goal. Circumstance doesn't excuse you from ambition

The level of fantasy coming from this statement is very telling. It's very easy to rant on about stuff like this without actually having a base on reality.

There are these 'have-nots' pouring coffees living a good earning life in Dublin city with opportunity to work anywhere in the world.

If all the have nots pee off to somewhere better who will cut your parents grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,124 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

'In the year 20XX...'

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

When it didn't happen during the bailout and austerity it ain't going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Mules wrote: »
    When it didn't happen during the bailout and austerity it ain't going to happen.

Very true.

Advertisement