Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ovenumo

Did anyone have any issues with the Vendors solicitor insterting the subject to finance clause? It’s the final thing we are waiting to hear back on before our solicitor releases the signed contracts back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

Ovenumo wrote: »
    Did anyone have any issues with the Vendors solicitor insterting the subject to finance clause? It’s the final thing we are waiting to hear back on before our solicitor releases the signed contracts back to them.

Hi, We signed out contracts today. Our solicitor confirmed that the developer's solicitors have agreed to the Subject to loan clause which would be added to the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

I have first stage of contracts done with the vendor too.

Anyone have any thoughts or know anything about new lockdown delaying snagging/move in dates? :(

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    Oh that would be brilliant then! It's very difficult when you're basing everything off Chinese whispers! Hopefully we'll get some indication of when to snag soon.

I've attached a recent pic here of houses on Parkside Gardens. Seems they're at least done internally - there's little "blue shoe covers must be worn" signs in the windows so. :)

Thanks for the pic lcarrol3 - houses looks lovely :)

Quick observation. I can see the protruding wall containing meters for each house, but this seems to be a new addition as houses in older phases do not have them and I did not see such walls for individual houses in the planning dwg - Nevertheless, they look nice

bbehan202 wrote: »
    I have first stage of contracts done with the vendor too.

Anyone have any thoughts or know anything about new lockdown delaying snagging/move in dates? :(

It seems the construction sector will not be affected by the lockdown. However, our solicitor was mentioning that numerous completion documents are required before the drawdown/keys handover and the lockdown might delay such activities which are not normally under developers control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

I have emailed the EA today to ask if there will be any impact on move in date. Will keep ye posted. Then it's just whether or not we believe them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    I have emailed the EA today to ask if there will be any impact on move in date. Will keep ye posted. Then it's just whether or not we believe them :pac:

I was there today to view the SH, the EA told me that the sector is fine, so they will continue to work, bit worried about dates too, even though she said the builder still plans to deliver the keys before xmas.

Contracts also signed today.. Eversheds insterted the clause so we are happy! Hopefully we get a call for snagging soon!

Contracts also signed today.. Eversheds insterted the clause so we are happy! Hopefully we get a call for snagging soon!

sorry to ask, but did you get a date for the snag? and what street? the EA told me that some streets will have the snag soon, others not much..

No we haven’t gotten a call yet unfortunately. We are Walker green so hoping that is one of the ones that should start snagging soon!

• Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I have just had an update from the EA to advise that snags for Parkside Gardens will commence at the end of this month and then straight onto Walker Green so she expects I will receive a call from Cairns early Nov to snag.

This sounds promising!

Hey everyone,

I have just had an update from the EA to advise that snags for Parkside Gardens will commence at the end of this month and then straight onto Walker Green so she expects I will receive a call from Cairns early Nov to snag.

This sounds promising!

Oh thank you! I still haven't heard anything and we're on Parkside Gardens. Will keep you posted! It would be very convenient if it would coincide with the weeks annual leave I have booked next week :pac:

Hey everyone,

This sounds promising!

We are on Walker Green (Block 11 to 15 Walker Green), however, EA is indicating Dec 2020 snag date.

What house block you are in Walker Green?

We are block 1-5. I’m not sure what order they are doing it in but there is obviously a method to the madness! I’ll post her when I get the call from the builders.

bit worried about the snag in early December for some people here. :(
    my mortgage offer expires in December, so far the EA says that will be done by then, but to see some people having their snag booked to early December let me really worried, even though the EA guarantees that I'll snag the house around November 25th, but fingers crossed, not much I can do anyway..

FWIW for Parkside - I got an email just now saying everything is good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bengtrj

Hello folks, I've silently read this thread for a while but this time, I'm one of the happy future owners of a Parkside house.

My solicitor emailed me the contracts for our chosen house at Walker Close.

Although I heard from the selling agent that the house should be ready for snagging in December (no clear dates), there is a clause in the building contract that states that they can take up to 3 years to complete the works. Did you folks had similar clauses in your contracts?

I found that weird because I went to the site 3 weeks ago and took pictures of my future house, and it looks basically ready (although the surroundings are a construction site).

Any toughs?

I think mine said the same but 1 year? I can't recall.

I imagine it's a protection due to COVID lockdowns but nothing yet for me to indicate we behind on timelines.

Oh - my solicitor didn't raise the completion clause with us. Better follow it up.

Houses are fenced off and ready for snagging it seems from today. Still waiting to hear on a time or day.

Hi All,

Our solicitor raised this with us clearly highlighting that the contract says 36 months for completion of the house. She did mention that this is a standard clause in most new build contracts these days as builders are not required to put in the closing date. However, she did query with us if we were aware of the progress on the construction and we did mention to her that we can see the estate is almost ready with EA indicating Dec 2020 as snag date. She did emphasize that legally we cannot do anything if the house is not ready for the next 36 months, however, she highlighted Cairn are very good at meeting their committed dates with her previous experience. I would not be too much concerned on this as Cairn have put in money and resources including extra hours to build the estate and would make good business sense to handover these houses as soon as possible to the buyers and collect money.

• Advertisement

Hey, has anyone heard anything this week about snagging?

Hey, has anyone heard anything this week about snagging?

No :(

bbehan202 wrote: »
    No :(

It doesn’t fill me with a lot of hope 😔. I emailed Judy for an update so will let you know if I get a reply!

Nothing on our side either.

In fairness it is still October so gonna start worrying next week.

Did ye get the email from cairn also I screenshoted above saying everything was on time?

K

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bengtrj

Anyone else buying on Walker Close? I wanna start knowing my future neighbors! :D

Yes bbehan202 you're right! Hopefully hear next week. I was up at the site this afternoon and they were power washing down everything and all looks ready to go so hopefully that's the case. I got that email too so all going well in by Christmas.

@bengtrj I actually haven't seen anyone yet buying on Walker Close. I'm on Parkside Gardens. Nice to meet you. :) theres a Parkside, Balgriffin page on Facebook that some of us in the new phase have joined that might be helpful to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dhruvrai

bengtrj wrote: »
    Anyone else buying on Walker Close? I wanna start knowing my future neighbors! :D

Hello,

I am buying three 3 walker close and my friend is also buying 2 walker close. Which one are you buying? :)

Congratulations for the purchase, let’s connect so that we can keep each other updated with information related to snagging etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

Make sure you join the neighbourhood facebook group. Lots of helpful tips from neighbours who have been through the snagging phase etc. Best of luck to you all! You won't regret moving to Parkside. It's a great area with fantastic community spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Col_30 wrote: »
    Make sure you join the neighbourhood facebook group. Lots of helpful tips from neighbours who have been through the snagging phase etc. Best of luck to you all! You won't regret moving to Parkside. It's a great area with fantastic community spirit.

Absolutely!

Advertisement