Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭nerd69

Yera the fact he called Joost "that south african lad" says it all really. Don't feed him I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Stadium announcer in an empty ground. Can they not just bring the teams out and kick off ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I’d take Pocock on his day over McCaw. Pocock always played in a fairly average enough Oz side bar 2015 and bits of 2011. He had pretty much 2 seasons chopped off with injury and one for sabbatical.

It’s the longevity and consistency, coupled with always playing in a fairly handy side that has McCaw as the goat.

But yeah, Pocock literally destroyed teams by coming up with turnovers he had no right to get near. I’ll miss watching him for sure.

He singlehandedly kept Aus in the game against us during the last tour. Monumental player. He and Warburton very similar, both retired far too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Stadium announcer in an empty ground. Can they not just bring the teams out and kick off ffs

Had them stand socially distant too.

I thought knocked on at the kick off, lucky try if so.

Yer man Harris hasn’t hit one ruck straight on yet.

• Dubious try for Georgia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Is the Wales France game on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Is the Wales France game on TV?
    ITV4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

I’d take Pocock on his day over McCaw. Pocock always played in a fairly average enough Oz side bar 2015 and bits of 2011. He had pretty much 2 seasons chopped off with injury and one for sabbatical.

It’s the longevity and consistency, coupled with always playing in a fairly handy side that has McCaw as the goat.

But yeah, Pocock literally destroyed teams by coming up with turnovers he had no right to get near. I’ll miss watching him for sure.

McCaw played hooper and pocock off the park in the 2011 world cup semi final while on one leg. For me he was a far more rounded player than pocock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Simo08 wrote: »
    McCaw played hooper and pocock off the park in the 2011 world cup semi final while on one leg. For me he was a far more rounded player than pocock.

Yes, Pocock was very good at what he did, but also somewhat one-dimensional. Not in the same league as McCaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭jacothelad

OldRio wrote: »
    Dear God, what's going on?

I suspect Onan has registered an account...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Shîte game in Murrayfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Simo08 wrote: »

Hooper made his debut in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Hooper made his debut in 2012.

Couldn't even get on the same pitch as McCaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Ben v Sca is a tense match so far, enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,720 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

AdamD wrote: »
    Baffles me how angry people get at these things. Like are you sitting there actually mad at Robshaw?

Yeah man I'm mad at Robshaw and all 12 of those dumb MFers, cos other situations will arise in rugby over the next few months and their dumb stunt feeds a negative narrative.

What they've done means if an actually important game is 50/50 to go ahead, the authorities are more biased in their head towards pulling the plug, just like the GAA club situation a few weeks ago.

The 12 are stupid selfish gobshytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah man I'm mad at Robshaw and all 12 of those dumb MFers, cos other situations will arise in rugby over the next few months and their dumb stunt feeds a negative narrative.

What they've done means if an actually important game is 50/50 to go ahead, the authorities are more biased in their head towards pulling the plug, just like the GAA club situation a few weeks ago.

The 12 are stupid selfish gobshytes.

It is just a game....and most young people do not become ill. Complete hysteria by authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,720 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pelezico wrote: »
    It is just a game....and most young people do not become ill. Complete hysteria by authorities.

Young people? F that, the whole reason what happened with the Baabaas is so serious is that you create an onward risk of transmission to people outside the bubble when you violate it. Right now the authorities are trigger happy with what they cancel, why give them ammunition. All the people on this forum want to see is pro games go ahead and people paid good money in the game to take some responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Pelezico wrote: »

Just a game that, even if you ignore the health implications and their influence as role models on (not just young) people when it comes to how they view Covid, the potential for transmission of Covid outside the 'young people' bubble, it also means that the rest of their teammates now have to quarantine for 9 -14 days to be considered for rugby purposes. The Fijians now may be unable to join their country squad ahead of upcoming international games.

They also cost their own union a seven figure sum, it seems, because they don't get the tv revenue and have to pay back Sky. Given the **** situation most unions find themselves in at this time, that's even more important.

And let's not forget, not only did they breach the bubble once, the did it twice! And this is after the coffee shop incident earlier in the year. They clearly don't given a f*ck.

So yeah, 'just a game'.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Hook, line and sinker lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Just a game that, even if you ignore the health implications and their influence as role models on (not just young) people when it comes to how they view Covid, the potential for transmission of Covid outside the 'young people' bubble, it also means that the rest of their teammates now have to quarantine for 9 -14 days to be considered for rugby purposes. The Fijians now may be unable to join their country squad ahead of upcoming international games.

They also cost their own union a seven figure sum, it seems, because they don't get the tv revenue and have to pay back Sky. Given the **** situation most unions find themselves in at this time, that's even more important.

And let's not forget, not only did they breach the bubble once, the did it twice! And this is after the coffee shop incident earlier in the year. They clearly don't given a f*ck.

So yeah, 'just a game'.

This. The people McFadden, Robshaw and the other super-geniuses have shafted are their Fijian team-mates, and by extension the Fijian team, who have a number of fixtures they'll have to play without self-isolating players.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ju And this is after the coffee shop incident earlier in the year.

Coffee Shop incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This. The people McFadden, Robshaw and the other super-geniuses have shafted are their Fijian team-mates, and by extension the Fijian team, who have a number of fixtures they'll have to play without self-isolating players.

Eh, have they? Have any of them tested positive? I doubt they have to isolate for two weeks because they went for dinner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

AdamD wrote: »
    Eh, have they? Have any of them tested positive? I doubt they have to isolate for two weeks because they went for dinner

Yes they're not allowed in camp as the bubble everyone had agreed to (to limit possible contacts) was broken, now they'll have to isolate and not train with their team because of the actions of others putting them at an even bigger disadvantage than before

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Yes they're not allowed in camp as the bubble everyone had agreed to (to limit possible contacts) was broken, now they'll have to isolate and not train with their team because of the actions of others putting them at an even bigger disadvantage than before
    There are only 6 Fijians in the Babas squad and they don't play in the Nations Cup thing for another 3 weeks. Their period of self isolation will be well over by then. They have a game against Portugal in two weeks, against whom they'll be fine without those 6 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Happy to be factually corrected if I've got stuff wrong, but it all boils down to letting everyone around them down badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Happy to be factually corrected if I've got stuff wrong, but it all boils down to letting everyone around them down badly.

You want to be outraged. It feels good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Some people are dicks. The consequences of their actions seem utterly oblivious to them. Almost childlike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Not sure rig this is allowed but anyone have any idea how I can watch all the games today or even just the Irish game via stream?stuck in Angola and sky Q doesn’t work here even with a vpn.am willing to pay for a reliable stream

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement