Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuses to stay out late

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Kold wrote: »
    Just go to bed jailbait.

are you refering to me?
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    neither myself nor any of the other underagers who have posted in this thread have said anything provocative so i find your comment to be un called for and rude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Never usually needed excuses cos always just told them where I was going. Found that usually worked. I've turned up home rat-arsed drunk a couple of times, sometimes I've gotten away with it, sometimes I haven't. Was brought home at about 11:30 during rag week in first year by some mates (had been drinking cans all day and moved on to vodka at about 6pm!)...

Lost shoe getting out of taxi, halfway down front path and I start giggling.
    Friend: What's wrong?
    Me: I lost my shoe *giggle, giggle*
    Friend (not all that sober either) runs back and gets it, meanwhile I fall over onto the front lawn. Friend eventually pulls me up. We continue our escapade to the door.
    At the door I promptly begin to stab the generally area of the lock with my key. Needless to say, after 5 minutes I still haven't gotten the key in. About to get angry with the lock when the door opens.

Mother: Hello?
    Me: Hello.
    Friend: We decided to bring bluedolphin home, she wasn't feeling that well.
    Me (rolling drunk): Yeah, she gave me bad pizza. I feel sick after the bad pizza.
    Mother thanks friend and puts me to bed.
    No recollection of aforementioned conversation next morning. Apologise to mother for inebriation. She sarcastically replies with, "You were drunk? What? I thought it was bad pizza?" and smirks her way through my hangover. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

For girls out there. TOO BE USED ON DADS ONLY.

You arrive back very late and are met at the door my dad.

Get the first words in (very important )
    you're speech ,

Now Dad , if you never want to sleep again , I will tell you ever detail of my adventures tonight, You wil hear descriptions and facts that may shock , But I promise I will leave nothing out ,no stone unturned and nothing will be left to the imagination .

or

You can go back to bed , and we can both act like I was home on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Stephanie Ashy Granule

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    For girls out there. TOO BE USED ON DADS ONLY.

You arrive back very late and are met at the door my dad.

Get the first words in (very important )
    you're speech ,

Now Dad , if you never want to sleep again , I will tell you ever detail of my adventures tonight, You wil hear descriptions and facts that may shock , But I promise I will leave nothing out ,no stone unturned and nothing will be left to the imagination .

or

You can go back to bed , and we can both act like I was home on time.

Lol. My da would probably call my bluff though!
    Seeing as I'm nineteen I don't really need an excuse anymore, as long as they hear from me and know roughly when/if I'm likely to get home, and that I'm still conscious, they don't cause too much fuss. When I was younger, I had the good fortune of having a local taxi driver who was well known for being unpunctual, so I'd get a call from the parents a half hour after I was supposed to be home
    "Where are you? You're late home!"
    "I know, I'm really sorry, I'm still waiting for Mr Taxi ****ing Driver, the useless ****e, it's the last time I use him!"
    and they'd believe it! Then I'd just bum a lift home off a mate later

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The most important thing to remember is that your parents, many years before, came up with the same bullsh1t excuses that you are trying to come up with now.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The most important thing to remember is that your parents, many years before, came up with the same bullsh1t excuses that you are trying to come up with now.;)

or better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

An aunt of mine, a complete fooking bitch, never listened to any excuses. Many's the night, she would lock her daughter out of the house, leaving her to sleep in the coal-shed:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

ejmaztec wrote: »
    An aunt of mine, a complete fooking bitch, never listened to any excuses. Many's the night, she would lock her daughter out of the house, leaving her to sleep in the coal-shed:(.

:eek:That's horrific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

uhh the coal shed???
    wtf?
    who the heck has coal sheds nowadays lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I never realy needed excuses. My parents were fairly laid back and as long as I let them know where I was. If we went out we'd all stay in one friends house so we were all together. Then our parents didn't worry because we'd get home safe, you could try that.

One of my friends had Eircom phone watch and we all had to know her password and phone code because when she was drunk she'd just mash he keypad to get the noise to stop. Cue us all trying to turn it off and giggling while her dad stood at the top of the stairs telling us we were as drunk as monkeys while we tried to annunciate each word carefully to tell him we were fine! This happened regularly so I don't know why he always got up.

It's even worse coming home drunk to your parents when you're older. Just before I moved out of home I went on a night out on a Friday night after work. I was drinking from 5pm and by 11pm I was hammered so I went to the chipper got in a taxi with a bag of chips to eat later and went home. My parents were still up watching a film when I got home because it was only about 11.45pm and I stumbled in and proceeded to talk drunken shíte and eat garlic and cheese chips, getting it all over myself. I was 22 years old at the time so all they could do was laugh and tell me to go to bed and stop getting garlic sauce all over their couch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My aunt was telling me that when she was younger her and her friends made up a friend, let's call the imaginary friend ann. So whenever they were going out late or wanted to stay out all night they'd just say they were staying in Ann's house, never got caught!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HEnfield

Im 14 me and my friends said we were staying in each others houses and then just cycled from town to punchestown and tried to sneak into oxegen we fell asleep in the red carpark and got caught. They called my mum at half 3 and she had to come and pick me up she wasnt too happy. Its worked before though one time i said i was staying in my friends house up the road and actually got a 100 euro taxi to meath ( ran away when we got there) and stayed in this girls house for the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

HEnfield wrote: »
    Im 14 me and my friends said we were staying in each others houses and then just cycled from town to punchestown and tried to sneak into oxegen we fell asleep in the red carpark and got caught. They called my mum at half 3 and she had to come and pick me up she wasnt too happy. Its worked before though one time i said i was staying in my friends house up the road and actually got a 100 euro taxi to meath ( ran away when we got there) and stayed in this girls house for the night

Im 12 what is this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

My parents were sound, I'd tell them if I was going drinking and how I'd get home, after that it was all gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What is/was the excuse(s) you use(d) on your parents to stay out late? I'm just curious. My paretns are fairly strict so I rarely even try to make an excuse and just go home like a good girl. lol I have however said a few times that I'm already on the way home but the traffics really bad. It actually works quite well as long as you don't overuse it. Once used it successfully when I was like two hours late!

With a name like Hairybox I don't think you've too worry to much about excuses for getting home late ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Alexa Itchy Trapdoor

First time I was ever in a club at seventeen, I rang my Dad to tell him that I was staying at my friends house that night. The music was very loud, and I couldn't hear a word he was saying back to me. Didn't say anything the next day though.
    Im 12 what is this

Woah, are you actually twelve?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

HEnfield wrote: »
    Why don't you wait till you're 15 and resurrect this thread after another year? You're bound to loads more fun between now and then...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement