Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Immigrant Caravan's WTF?!

• 01-11-2018 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

This is just kerrraaazy!

I've heard mention of it over the last few days but only read into it tonight. According to different sources there are between 4 and 15 thousand people marching toward the border of the united states, with more joining in each day.

This particular caravan is from Honduras in the main, but already there are apparently several other copy-cat caravans starting from Salvador and other places too.

Looking at videos of the marching lines it just seems apocalyptic. Whats going to happen here, and more importantly, whats the knock-on effect going forward? Is there going to be violence at the border and people killed en masse (already many clashes along other countries borders)?

Why are they walking through several safe countries if they just want to escape so-called immediate oppression?

If the united states lets them in, surely that's the signal for the whole of central and south America to just walk in and set up shop. What signal will that send about Europe, if any?

This is going to end really badly. Its so out of control, I don't even have a suggestion as to how to fix it.

Does anyone else see this ending in a good way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

dont help create hellholes that people want to leave. they may turn up at your front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,478 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Build a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Build that wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

emo72 wrote: »
    dont help create hellholes that people want to leave.

And seeing as we're out of time-machines, what outcome do you see in reality?

Not to mention they already passed through several safe countries, so whats up with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

mammajamma wrote: »
    And seeing as we're out of time-machines, what outcome do you see in reality?

Not to mention they already passed through several safe countries, so whats up with that?

safe countries yes, but not greatest country like USA. BOO YAH!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

It's a good thing we live on an island. The end times are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Theres something really weird with that link, it wouldn't load. What is it?

Caravan of Love , the Housemartins

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Build that wall.

I mean, even if a gigantic wall were built, this gives the impression that people are going to just camp out beside it, in ever greater numbers.

What then?!

• Advertisement

I mean, even if a gigantic wall were built, this gives the impression that people are going to just camp out beside it, in ever greater numbers.

What then?!

Throw boiling oil down on them!

I completely understand people needing to escape dangerous situations. But this is something different. This isn't about safety or danger.

I feel that the majority of the blame lies at the feet of those who rolled out red-carpets for immigration. It was always going to end this way. A bad idea for everyone involved, except for the short-term, feel-good, no-brainers who got this ball rolling.

Plenty of things shouldnt have happened in the past with regard wars and western intervention, but this insanity was never going to solve any of it. In fact, it seems like it has made things far, far worse going forward.

Its almost incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It is all a bit like Game of Thrones really.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Looking at videos of the marching lines it just seems apocalyptic.

The dystopia is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Send 15,000 troops to greet them, oh wait

Trump should follow Chancellor Merkel and Open The Borders

There are going to be absolute ructions over this. Let them all in, you may as well declare that you don't have a country, and watch the united states just descend into mad-max style violence.

Don't let them in, they'll either start piling up at the border and/or it will cause an internal civil war (and maybe not just politically).

Mad stuff, ted.

I don't see any solution for this.

the majrity of the refugees from honduras are women and children
    and the men are doctors and engineers
    OPEN THET BORDER PRESIDENT TRUMP

Now where did we hear that before?

the majrity of the refugees from honduras are women and children
    and the men are doctors and engineers
    OPEN THET BORDER PRESIDENT TRUMP

Those crazy lies were always going to lead to this stuff eventually. Its STILL weird to actually see it in action though. And if anything, its just the beginning.

I mean, why would it stop now?

It certainly isn't impossible that there will be some kind of bloodbath at the American border. And then an internal bloodbath within the united states, I mean, at the end of the day, there are a lot of people living in America that want this to happen, friends, families, mis-guided people. Theyd all be pushing for this. That countries going to go pop!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Such a preposterous situation.
    Why should any country be expected to simply allow that many people just walk over their border.
    There are people in America who will be up in arms over these people not being allowed cross the border.
    It's like something from a cartoon, absolutely outlandish.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sand wrote: »
    It is all a bit like Game of Thrones really.

I would've said Jobstown.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Why should any country be expected to simply allow that many people just walk over their border.
    There are people in America who will be up in arms over these people not being allowed cross the border.

There was some controversial book written way back (not a lot of info there!), and the basic concept was that ship after ship load of third world people just arrive on the shores of Britain (think it was Britain). There were so many, there was only the choice of mass murder, or just allowing them all in. So they let them all in and the country is just destroyed by the numbers.

Whatever that book is, this is like the test for it or something. I mean, if several hundred thousand people just turned up at the border with America, what could happen?

And whats to stop that from happening? Its just people walking!

Some dodge-minded people thought it was a great message to send out to the world, like merkle...it was a terrible idea. Like, perhaps one of the worst decisions of the century, even only 18 years into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sorry tldr
    ps i'm only trolling till i get banned
    but good luck in the debate:)

There are some that legitimately post like that and they aren't trolling!

Was I the only one who thought this was about the Canavans?

PS: That must be one big caravan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

nullzero wrote: »

Heysoos....I'm getting baffelized here :confused:

I am assured quite regularly here,and elsewhere,that America is a kip,yea ?

It's full of druggies,gangsta's,cowboys n' girls and loads of other indescribables ?

Loads of Homeless.....loads of sick and indigent....no Free Transport Scheme,No HSE/NHS or Doctors Visit Cards and,apparently only the Red Indians qualify as "Native".

Oh and yes,I nearly forgot,the place is run by a hugely unpopular despotic President who seized power in a sort of coup apparently ?

So..........

Has nobody told these Caravanist's the truth....:confused:

Surely,if they knew THE TRUTH,they'd do a rapid U turn and head instead for North Korea,China,Russia or some other really friendly and welcoming place...or even Ireland ?

It's baffling Joe,really baffling :cool:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

AlekSmart wrote: »

It's full of druggies,gangsta's,cowboys n' girls and loads of other indescribables ?

Loads of Homeless.....loads of sick and indigent....no Free Transport Scheme,No HSE/NHS or Doctors Visit Cards and,apparently only the Red Indians qualify as "Native".

Oh and yes,I nearly forgot,the place is run by a hugely unpopular despotic President who seized power in a sort of coup apparently ?

So..........

Surely,if they knew THE TRUTH,they'd do a rapid U turn and head instead for North Korea,China,Russia or some other really friendly and welcoming place...or even Ireland ?

Well they're all dreaming of the in constant danger of being shot(just like at home) only with the added bonus of being descrimated against for being immigrants at the same time.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Well… looks like the barbarians are at the door.

AlekSmart wrote: »

So..........

Watched a cnn interview earlier, and they had a reporter travelling with one of the caravans. There are people in the crowd literally saying trump is the antichrist, and amercia has no right to turn them away, and that they are "workers and fighters"

I mean, you cant make this up!

don't underestimate the demonrats
    remember the false allegations against justice kavanaugh,
    the fake bombs democrats sent to themselves,
    they are desperate, if you corner a rat he will bite

It seems to be the way of most countries now, there is one side that lives in reality, and the other side that lives in some alternate dimension.

The problem in dealing with people unattached to reality is that you'll end up looking like the bad guy. Its ridiculous.

Like stopping a child from eating too many sweets for its own good, only in this case the child throws a tantrum via worldwide broadcasting and tries to rally others to its cause.

The people who set-up and encouraged this infantile behaviour should be brought to hand for this. In this particular case with the caravans, theres a very strong likelihood there will be bloodshed. The encouragers should be held accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

It’s supposed to be 40 days away from US border. Every piece I seen on this caravan has been totally anti US / anti Trump. No borders. Blow me.

• Advertisement

It’s supposed to be 40 days away from US border. Every piece I seen on this caravan has been totally anti US / anti Trump. No borders. Blow me.

Don't forget, its not the only one, apparently there are more on the way.

Its just lunacy, I'm not mad on Donald trump, but compared to the options on offer over there...theres literally no choice but him. The others are spaced out of their minds.

What a choice!

Advertisement