Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easca Mattress Discount

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jigsaw 27

Mr E wrote: »
    FYI the ad was for the Dormeo S Plus Memory Foam Mattress. :)

https://www.dormeo.co.uk/dormeo-s-plus-memory-foam-mattress.html

Ok so question. Why as an admin of this site are you allowed to post an affiliate link to this mattress? https://www.dormeo.co.uk/dormeo-s-plus-memory-foam-mattress.html?utm_source=ph&utm_medium=Affiliate

Screenshot_1.png

And in turn getting a kick back from everyone that buys using it. This is how i got roped in by dishonest practices like this. DO NOT TRUST AFFILIATES they are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Surly there are rules against this??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jigsaw 27 wrote: »
    Ok so question. Why as an admin of this site are you allowed to post an affiliate link to this mattress?

And in turn getting a kick back from everyone that buys using it. This is how i got roped in by dishonest practices like this. DO NOT TRUST AFFILIATES they are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Surly there are rules against this??

It isn't me, Jigsaw. All links on boards go through a service called Skimlinks. You can opt out if you want. More info here.

It isn't me, Jigsaw. All links on boards go through a service called Skimlinks. You can opt out if you want. More info here.

I know they go through go.Skimlinks.com, but when the link you provided goes to Skimlinks and redirects to the Dormeo website look at the link in the address bar, its an affiliate link.

If not you, then someone is getting a kickback, maybe boards? and that is nearly worse as these mattresses are dubious at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Yeah, boards get some money if anyone buys from that link. Who cares?
    Links are automatically generated if Skimlinks have a deal with that site.

All I can say is that it isn't me (and I'm not seeing the affiliate link either):

PSRsHFA.png

hphAjCS.png

• Advertisement

If you copy link address its there

Nope, not for me.
    Maybe I opted out of skimlinks years ago. Can't remember.

Anyway, this is off topic. It isn't me adding the google variables.
    Back to mattress talk.

Hi Everyone,

I bought an Easca double mattress though a youtube advertisement which has now been explained to me as an affiliate advert of Easca. That seemingly means that if you use that discount code that the person promoting it gets commission if you buy and may not even own one of these Easca mattresses themselves. Anyways there was a bad smell of it when opened. I only used it for 20 nights and had to revert to the spare room. After buying it I did not use it for over 2 months as I was moving to UK from Dublin and was stored unopened during this time but this should not make any difference. The smell is not as bad but still quite strong. Has anyone else experience this ?

I don't find it worth 700 euro and that with the smell asked them to take it back. They said I should have asked them sooner but my correspondence to them shows that I was on time. What concerns me also is that they say they are an Irish company but I can only find links to a UK office. Any help appreciated
    Hi savage Henry,

I experienced the exact same treatment as yourself. No refund, i couldn't even use it in the spare room because of the smell and it actually cost me more money to get rid of the essca mattress.

I actually bought a new mattress from a high street shop since and the owner of the shop explained to me that these "mattress in a box" are costing the like of essca, simba, eve and casper less than £100 to obtain and then with there discount codes and affiliate advertising campaigns are selling them to the likes of fools like us for and extortionate price, he also said the mattresses are extremely bad for the body and offer zero support. He told me that all of these companies partake in the practice of fake reviews and less than ethical practices, just google "Casper buys review site" they are all at it.

I feel your pain Henry but it gives me some comfort that i was not the only one taken in by their nonsense.

I hope you get it resolved

The above two posts are why i care, its a ****ty practice conning people out of their money for a ****ty product.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

[QUOTE=Mr E;109145632FYI the ad was for the Dormeo S Plus Memory Foam Mattress. :)

https://www.dormeo.co.uk/dormeo-s-plus-memory-foam-mattress.html[/QUOTE]

I’ve broken the quote on purpose, there was no affiliation in Mr E’s post.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I’ve broken the quote on purpose, there was no affiliation in Mr E’s post.

No but when you hit the website it becomes an affiliate link and liked mentioned it seems to be coming from Skimlinks, so boards are getting the kick back not Mr. E

• Advertisement

Got my refund today. What worked is I dug up the 4 owners facebook profiles. Only one of them didnt block all users to comment on their pictures. So i did that - left similar message that i posted here about my story. (I just sent private messages to other owners). Next day my comment had disappeared and commenting function removed from all photos :D Then i got email and after going back and forth they refunded me.

help@eascamattress.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Jeez!
    I'm so glad I found this thread today .. I was just about to push the button on an Easca...
    Now there is no way in hell...

Thanks @Savage_Henry and all the rest who have contributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Perhaps missed this , but is this Easca company also making the Emma mattress , online, roll up, same 100 day return? Thanks

I'm hoping its not... cos the Emma got a great review in this article in the Independent...

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/mattresses/best-mattress-a6950396.html

Think that says the Emma is German made...

But now that I've seen what the Easca trial actually is in reality, I'm being very careful and having a look around for feedback on the Emma trial in case it turns out to be the same misery.

vidapura wrote: »
    I'm hoping its not... cos the Emma got a great review in this article in the Independent...

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/mattresses/best-mattress-a6950396.html

Think that says the Emma is German made...

But now that I've seen what the Easca trial actually is in reality, I'm being very careful and having a look around for feedback on the Emma trial in case it turns out to be the same misery.

Emma is made in Ireland , says on their website. Now I have to add for both companies I have not seen eithers products and I do like to support Irish business.

MAJJ wrote: »
    Emma is made in Ireland , says on their website. Now I have to add for both companies I have not seen eithers products and I do like to support Irish business.

I stand corrected.
    It does say that on the irish website.. and on the uk website it says made in the UK...

So, yah, the question remains.. is it the same crowd as Easca making them here then... and will yeh get shafted on the 100 day trial ....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Indeed.

Looking up Emma's legal page, it is indeed apparently a German company, based in Frankfurt.

Easca, I can just gather that it has an NI company number.

Their build seems to differ a bit, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not both made in the same factory, to different compositions? Ugh.

Emma has an 80% "Best buy" score on Which? if their scoring is reliable. They claim to be un-biased, but who knows these days.

I'm after a decent mattress for my crap back, so was considering either the Emma or Eve Hybrid mattress. Which? gives Eve Premium Hybrid their top score (84%) across mattresses, but that model isn't available in Ireland.

Ugh, the world of mattresses is utterly head-wrecking!

byte wrote: »
    Indeed.

Looking up Emma's legal page, it is indeed apparently a German company, based in Frankfurt.

Easca, I can just gather that it has an NI company number.

Their build seems to differ a bit, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not both made in the same factory, to different compositions? Ugh.

Emma has an 80% "Best buy" score on Which? if their scoring is reliable. They claim to be un-biased, but who knows these days.

I'm after a decent mattress for my crap back, so was considering either the Emma or Eve Hybrid mattress. Which? gives Eve Premium Hybrid their top score (84%) across mattresses, but that model isn't available in Ireland.

I hear you, it's a bit of a head wreck. Looking for a new mattress too and back not great. Likely will go with a Sealy posturepedic as last one we had was Sealy and it was excellent.

Easca is a tiny company ran out of a local enterprise office in Lisburn. Emma seems to be a genuine trans-european company.

Both may be having their mattresses made by the same company (e.g. Kelletts or one of Kaymed subsidiaries), but they aren't the same company.

It's plausible the Easca crew saw what the likes of Emma were doing elsewhere in Europe and decided to try beat them to it in Ireland.

byte wrote: »
    Indeed.

Ain't that the truth....
    Our first foray into buying a mattress was 8 years ago.. at the time everyone and his dog was pushing Memory Foam.
    The latest and greatest thing. You coiuldn't go wrong.

So we sank €750 into a memory foam mattress...
    Two weeks later we just had to get rid of it.. it had been two weeks of sweating and tossing and turning..
    Bloody thing was like sleeping on a spongy frying pan....horrible...

So we had to suck it up and pay the council €12.50 to come and take away our €750 euros worth of naivety...

We ended up getting an older fashioned pocket sprung mattress with natural'ish fillings.. one that didn't melt us anyway..

What we learned is that no matter how long you spend lying on a mattress in the showroom, you have no idea what you're getting into.
    And most importantly, don't let anyone in the shop influence your decision.
    You really need to know your style, do you run hot or do you run cold? Are you light or heavy?
    And then you need to get a handle on the various technologies...
    Do you really need posture support ? Some beds I've tried to sleep on with that are like boards... fergeddit...
    Is gel actually cool? Is gel infused really any use?

After 8 years the Nova Pocket is starting to sag.. which is why I'm on the hunt...
    And even knowing now what I needed to know then.. I'm finding it all bloody stressful..
    I don't want to make another expensive mistake... but I find salespeople in shops don't want to explain the makeup of the mattress or aren't able to.
    And the websites are misleading and contradictory...
    I thought the 100 night trial would be a great idea.. but its so disappointing to find that (of course) its not the great testing opportunity I thought it was.

So, be it Eve, Emma or Easca.. I think really I'm just going to stick to well known good brands.. King Koil, Briody, etc...
    And I think I'll stick with the pocket springs and the most natural filings I can find.. wool .. etc...

I read that Latex is the best thing going these days.. but, well, I don't think I can bring myself to find out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

We've now had an Ikea mattress for six months and we love it.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/hoevag-pocket-sprung-mattress-medium-firm-dark-grey-50244345/

Because of our unusual bed size - 160x200 (Euro King, I think) - originally bought from Habitat, we were restricted in where we could look for a mattress.

The Ikea is a bargain. Even if we only get a few years out of it, it's still cheap.

We used http://ecomattressrecyclingireland.com/prices/ to dispose of the old one. Great service. Didn't even have to be here when they called. Just left it in the porch.

If you have back issues, pocket-sprung is essential. Memory foam, in both mattresses and training shoes, is a joke. It simply means it retains its shape after use. But, it doesn't support you, as in push back against you, which pocket sprung does.

D.

Any recommendations for a kingsize which helps with back/shoulder pain?

I've never bought a mattress in my life, time to make the investment now but my budget just won't stretch to something like a Tempur.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

FYI the ad was for the Dormeo S Plus Memory Foam Mattress. :)

https://www.dormeo.co.uk/dormeo-s-plus-memory-foam-mattress.html

Got on of these in king size at a bargin price 249 euro + 9 euro delivery. They are currently on the dormeo site reduced from to 999.99 euro to 499.99 euro and i got mine for 258 delivered.

furmi wrote: »
    Got on of these in king size at a bargin price 249 euro + 9 euro delivery. They are currently on the dormeo site reduced from to 999.99 euro to 499.99 euro and i got mine for 258 delivered.

Jeez, good discount if you are in the market for a foam...
    Where'd you get that deal from?

vidapura wrote: »
    Jeez, good discount if you are in the market for a foam...
    Where'd you get that deal from?

Dublinbeds.ie its on their site

Dublinbeds.ie its on their site

You got an Avanti Fusion mattress which Dormeo don't make anymore and is not as good quality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I'm a back sleeper and find it incredibly hard to buy a mattress that supports my back. I go to bed I lie down I fall asleep and pretty much don't move til morning.. which means any mattress we've had I get a dip pretty quickly on my side

Anyone any recommendations? I can't be the only back sleeper out there :D

You got an Avanti Fusion mattress which Dormeo don't make anymore and is not as good quality. :)

No it wasnt an Avanti i got, it was a Dormeo S plus memory mattress. The S plus must be out of stock now :(

No it wasnt an Avanti i got, it was a Dormeo S plus memory mattress. The S plus must be out of stock now :(

Not doubting you but from looking at a cached version of the site there isn't any evidence that they ever stocked that mattress so be sure to check your receipt and tags to make sure you weren't duped. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PapaBooje

Bit a bullet and bought Easca super king on special offer. Awaiting delivery. Paid with PayPal in case they decide not to return my emails and not to honor 100 days money back shall we wished to return it.

Advertisement