Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BOSE QuietComfort QC35 II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Not available anywhere.

Yes, they are. Just order for delivery to whichever Argos is nearest to you and they're available in a few days.
    At least that's what my order says. Hope I don't now get a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes, they are. Just order for delivery to whichever Argos is nearest to you and they're available in a few days.
    At least that's what my order says. Hope I don't now get a cancellation.

If you try order now it throws up an out of stock message and you don't get a reservation number.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you try order now it throws up an out of stock message and you don't get a reservation number.

Ah. I ordered mine a few days ago. Due in on Wednesday so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

ch750536 wrote: »
    Remember that your contract is with the retailer. You have up to 6 yrs cover on electronics so the options are repair, replace, refund. It's up to you and the retailer to come to an agreement depending on age. Used this plenty of times and always happy with the outcome.

Ive heard of this 6 year rule thing before. Any link explaining it more

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

adam88 wrote: »
    Ive heard of this 6 year rule thing before. Any link explaining it more

This is fresh in my memory because I had reason to send this link to someone on Viber a couple of hours ago :)

https://www.eccireland.ie/ecc-ireland-issues-advisory-on-consumer-warranties-and-statutory-rights/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I ordered last night. Due on Friday

Well, I picked them up today. No problems. Best price I've seen on them and the dark blue colour isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

2 things worth noting here. The Bose 700 NC headphones are out now, so I'd expect prices of the QC35 line to come down. And more concerning is that there's reports that the latest firmware on the QC35II reduced the effectiveness of the noise cancelling. Some are saying that this is to force people to upgrade.

Just worth keeping in mind.

I got these lately with Argos and noticed the noise canceling isn't as good after updating. Bose are offering to replace them for me. Just wondering if anyone has done this and is it worth it to get back on the older firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

coach22 wrote: »
    I got these lately with Argos and noticed the noise canceling isn't as good after updating. Bose are offering to replace them for me. Just wondering if anyone has done this and is it worth it to get back on the older firmware?

Caught wind of this on Reddit and uninstalled the Bose app on my phone to stop them being updated. Headphones work fine without the app for me but some definite dodgy business from Bose downgrading the ability of the headphones! Think there is a way to get the previous firmware on the headphones if you look it up!

I think il try the replacement. They only have black or silver colour available. Hopefully they come with an older firmware version that has better noise canceling.

I know I'm probably being picky but the difference in noise canceling is definitely not as good since upgrading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

How did u contact them?

Is there much of a difference? I clicked on the update when I was setting them up so didn't even get to hear the original quality?

4motion wrote: »
    How did u contact them?

Through a WhatsApp link on the Bose support website

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference? I clicked on the update when I was setting them up so didn't even get to hear the original quality?

The difference was mainly noticeable when I had the ANC on bit didn't have music turned on. On the old firmware it was blocking out much more noise. When you turn the music on its hard to tell a difference but I think listening to podcast's etc. Would be much better on the old firmware

My main issue with the replacement is I'm not sure what firmware it will come with so could be a waste if time

The difference was mainly noticeable when I had the ANC on bit didn't have music turned on. On the old firmware it was blocking out much more noise. When you turn the music on its hard to tell a difference but I think listening to podcast's etc. Would be much better on the old firmware

My main issue with the replacement is I'm not sure what firmware it will come with so could be a waste if time

Ah I should be ok then as I only wear mine when I'm listening to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There was a similar issue with a firmware update on the original QC35s a few years ago. They fixed it in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Anyone notice bad battery degradation in their QC35's ?
    i have min about 2 years and notice the battery life has fallen off a cliff compared to the first year of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Sorry to hijack here but wanted to ask if anyone has had issues connecting the QC-35's to Windows 10 and if so were you able to resolve it?

I have tried a couple of different guides online without any success..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

morchgally wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack here but wanted to ask if anyone has had issues connecting the QC-35's to Windows 10 and if so were you able to resolve it?

I have tried a couple of different guides online without any success..

It's a know issue. Never got it to work other than headphone and not headset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

rom wrote: »
    It's a know issue. Never got it to work other than headphone and not headset.

Thanks Rom. I was able to get it to work by uninstalling the bluetooth drivers on Windows and reinstalling them. That being said, when the microphone is in use there is a very annoying white noise/static present so I reverted back to using my old USB headset for calls. They work well for music but would rather have both music and mic on the one unit. From my research it has something to do with the Low energy bluetooth (LE) that the Bose QC35 uses which Windows struggle to connect with.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

...ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

morchgally wrote: »
    Thanks Rom. I was able to get it to work by uninstalling the bluetooth drivers on Windows and reinstalling them. That being said, when the microphone is in use there is a very annoying white noise/static present so I reverted back to using my old USB headset for calls. They work well for music but would rather have both music and mic on the one unit. From my research it has something to do with the Low energy bluetooth (LE) that the Bose QC35 uses which Windows struggle to connect with.

similar issues with Bose 700's and from my ltd research neither Bose or Microsoft are doing anything to sort it out.

on MS teams, i have to use the surface mic to speak and the headphones to listen. if i try to use the headphones mic, i can't hear.

so much for the convenience of one headset for multiple devices across applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

unbelievable that such a fundamental flaw has been outstanding so long.
    I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones.. I was thinking these or the Sony 1000Xm3.
    Guess it has to be the Sonys then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

So mine are getting oldish now. I was thinking about getting the Sony as they are looking bad. Until I did a bit of research that you can get replacement cushions and ear pads on amazon for under 10 pounds. Just search for "bose qc35 cushions" on amazon. It is actually recommended that you change them yearly. Mine no longer smell like wax. Yes I wear them way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

rom wrote: »
    So mine are getting oldish now. I was thinking about getting the Sony as they are looking bad. Until I did a bit of research that you can get replacement cushions and ear pads on amazon for under 10 pounds. Just search for "bose qc35 cushions" on amazon. It is actually recommended that you change them yearly. Mine no longer smell like wax. Yes I wear them way too much.

Fantastic, mine are badly due to be replaced :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

thanks for the heads up on replacement pads

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

These are on Amazon Germany for €220 and the 700s are €280. Both good prices I think.

I think the 700s are a bit ugly but their spec seems great.

In short - do you need a vpn to shop on Amazon.de?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Irishweather2

bot43 wrote: »
    These are on Amazon Germany for €220 and the 700s are €280. Both good prices I think.

I think the 700s are a bit ugly but their spec seems great.

In short - do you need a vpn to shop on Amazon.de?

No VPN required! Ordered my Galaxy S9+ from Amazon.de 2 years ago with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

£179 on currys.co.uk (not reduced on currys .ie unfortunately)

Advertisement