Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Manker E02 1xAAA flashlight / headlamp €12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Mine has shipped using DPD. I wish they had just shipped using normal post. I hate waiting for couriers.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Mine has shipped using DPD. I wish they had just shipped using normal post. I hate waiting for couriers.

if you register for parcel wizard you can reschedule dpd deliveries coming in from other sources like this but delivered by DPD if it's picked up through their internal matching from the parcel wizard website (through name, email etc).

e.g. to a pickup location etc. / change address

As always I recommend rechargeable NiMH batteries for 1xAA or 1xAAA flashlights.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/cat/batteries-battery-chargers-41070/

Alkaline are okay in a pinch but these flashlights are high-powered* and alkaline batteries are inherently not capable of supplying enough current to get the maximum brightness. NiMH also deliver a more steady voltage as they run down.

IKEA Ladda White are good value NiMH cells and are believed to be rebadged Panasonic Eneloops, or in the very least made in the same factory.

*Relatively speaking of course. 220 lumen is a lot for a 1xAAA light, and 350 lumen is a lot for a 1xAA light.

As always I recommend rechargeable NiMH batteries for 1xAA or 1xAAA flashlights.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/cat/batteries-battery-chargers-41070/

Alkaline are okay in a pinch but these flashlights are high-powered* and alkaline batteries are inherently not capable of supplying enough current to get the maximum brightness. NiMH also deliver a more steady voltage as they run down.

IKEA Ladda White are good value NiMH cells and are believed to be rebadged Panasonic Eneloops, or in the very least made in the same factory.

*Relatively speaking of course. 220 lumen is a lot for a 1xAAA light, and 350 lumen is a lot for a 1xAA light.

10 euro ikea shipping for a few batteries makes it less attractive tho

glasso wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't order them online with that kinda shipping. I didn't even know they ship. I just pick up a few when i'm in or near a branch.

If you're never close to a branch then I can have a look around and see what are some good prices for shipped NiMHs.

Alkaline are fine if that's what you have to hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Well it's showing on the An Post website so I should have it tomorrow. Has anyone else got theirs? Mine was late dispatching over an error in my Eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I ordered 2 separately at the same time. One has cleared customs in London and other is still in HK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Mine is in Dublin

VanZan wrote: »
    Well it's showing on the An Post website so I should have it tomorrow. Has anyone else got theirs? Mine was late dispatching over an error in my Eircode.
    I ordered before anyone and mine only left HK the other day... it also looks like two separate sub-€22 orders were combined (same tracking #) so I could be on the hook for customs. I will just refuse it if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

I ordered before anyone and mine only left HK the other day... it also looks like two separate sub-€22 orders were combined (same tracking #) so I could be on the hook for customs. I will just refuse it if that's the case.

Like a dope I ordered the AA one and AAA one together. I sent them a message afterwards asking could they either send them separately or do something else, they came back the next day and said they could do something else ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

7 day shop are good for rechargeable too,
    Free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Keep an eye out in Lidl they regularly do "Ready to use" rechargeable batteries and after using both Lidl and Ikea there's no difference.

Got one of mine this morning. AAA. Great quality. Thanks OP

DavyC2 wrote: »
    Like a dope I ordered the AA one and AAA one together. I sent them a message afterwards asking could they either send them separately or do something else, they came back the next day and said they could do something else ;)
    tenor.gif?itemid=12594208

Got one of mine this morning. AAA. Great quality. Thanks OP

Scrap that.

It lasted 5 mins and died. Was testing it and had it on high and it powered off. Assumed it was the battery (energizer). Tried many different types and no joy.

A crock of crap.

Scrap that.

It lasted 5 mins and died. Was testing it and had it on high and it powered off. Assumed it was the battery (energizer). Tried many different types and no joy.

A crock of crap.
    Are you sure you are not on moonlight mode ?

By default the low mode (moonlight) is less than 1 lumen and can barely be seen during the day. (it can be set higher). If you are using a depleted cell you may be restricted to low mode only.

Alternatively you may be on lock-out. It's designed to prevent accidental activation in your pocket. Lockout is activated/de-activated by a 1,2,3 click sequence. Click .... click-click .... click-click-click.

Are you sure you are not on moonlight mode ?

By default the low mode (moonlight) is less than 1 lumen and can barely be seen during the day. (it can be set higher). If you are using a depleted cell you may be restricted to low mode only.

Alternatively you may be on lock-out. It's designed to prevent accidental activation in your pocket. Lockout is activated/de-activated by a 1,2,3 click sequence. Click .... click-click .... click-click-click.

Look at the big brain on teowawki.

Yeah, back working. Was locked out. God forbid that I might read the instructions.

Thanks a mil. Was already resigned to the broken torch and charger cable drawer.

Look at the big brain on teowawki.

Yeah, back working. Was locked out. God forbid that I might read the instructions.

Thanks a mil. Was already resigned to the broken torch and charger cable drawer.
    Might want to edit the crock-of-crap comment :D

For anyone else receiving this in the coming days, I would say don't enter electronic lock-out on purpose because the sequence (to escape it) is a bit annoying to get right. I find it tricky anyhow, maybe my fingers are too slow! I just give the tailcap a quarter turn if you are carrying in your pocket and worried about accidental activation.

To modify the moonlight level, do 4 rapid clicks. Now you're in a config mode, each press of the button cycles between the possible moonlight levels (about 21 in total).

When you arrive at the level you want, hold the button to save it.

Got mine. Nice torch. Makes a good head torch. The Olight is definitely brighter on the same alkaline cells.

Discodog wrote: »
    Got mine. Nice torch. Makes a good head torch. The Olight is definitely brighter on the same alkaline cells.
    Turbo (double-click) should be marginally brighter with an alkaline and massively brighter on a NiMH.

As you use up battery, the voltage will drop and you'll lose the ability to get into Turbo (and eventually High, Low). This happens much quicker with an alkaline. If you can't get into Turbo then you will be marginally less bright than the Olight. It's swings and roundabouts.

In reality the performance with an alkaline is of little interest to me. They're junk; I would only use them in an emergency or when they come free with remotes etc.

• Advertisement

I am not really concerned about brightness. In fact too bright can be a problem in a work light.

I don't use rechargeables because I don't really use batteries that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

if you register for parcel wizard you can reschedule dpd deliveries coming in from other sources like this but delivered by DPD if it's picked up through their internal matching from the parcel wizard website (through name, email etc).

e.g. to a pickup location etc. / change address

Thanks for the tip! I registered with Parcel Wizard, but nothing has showed up yet for me in the deliveries list.

It'll be very nice if it shows up and I can reschedule it.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip! I registered with Parcel Wizard, but nothing has showed up yet for me in the deliveries list.

It'll be very nice if it shows up and I can reschedule it.

if your address, name and email are the same should turn up although could depend on whether you have used parcel wizard for a delivery I suppose (would have been the case with me)

Thanks op, mine just shipped, nice little flashlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Hi All,
    Mine has not arrived yet. The tracking notification states Departure from outward office at exchange on Dec 23rd.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,939 ✭✭✭✭event

Mine hasn't arrived either, ordered 12/12

6541 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Mine has not arrived yet. The tracking notification states Departure from outward office at exchange on Dec 23rd.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Thanks
    Put the tracking number into royalmail.com, most likely the "departure from outward office" corresponds to an Item Leaving the UK status.

So it's just a case of waiting for it to show up on AnPost.com.

The postal system shuts down over xmas, things sit around without moving. Then it takes ages to clear the backlog. Some people just got lucky with their orders being delivered right before the shutdown. I said all along you'd be looking at a January delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Put the tracking number into royalmail.com, most likely the "departure from outward office" corresponds to an Item Leaving the UK status.

So it's just a case of waiting for it to show up on AnPost.com.

The postal system shuts down over xmas, things sit around without moving. Then it takes ages to clear the backlog. Some people just got lucky with their orders being delivered right before the shutdown. I said all along you'd be looking at a January delivery date.

Thanks very much for the tip. Mine now states your item now leaving the UK.
    Thanks again.

Yeah, so it's just a case of waiting for the tracking number to show up on AnPost. Ordinarily it should happen very soon after (leaving the UK) but over xmas it stretches out because there's so many non-working days.

Once it shows up on AnPost it'll be delivered soon after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

€10.39 with free delivery on Ali echoes at the moment

€ 10,39 50%OFF | Manker E02 Mini Flashlight 220 Lumen CREE XPG3 / High CRI Nichia 219C LED Keychain Torchlight with Reversible Clip & Magnet Tail
    https://a.aliexpress.com/KvZ2C53E

Advertisement