Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fallout 76

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So far so good. I was expecting a buggy mess with low frame rates but its holding up well. The lack of NPCs makes it feel like an empty world, real lonely out there.
    I wish there was companions like dogmeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Whats the story with repairs in FO76? I see they have introduced repair kits now. Is there any other way to repair equipment ? Can i craft a kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Whats the story with repairs in FO76? I see they have introduced repair kits now. Is there any other way to repair equipment ? Can i craft a kit?

You can not craft a kit but you can repair items at a workbench. Repair kit is just do you can repair without a workbench and collecting the junk required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Tubbs4 wrote: »

You can not craft a kit but you can repair items at a workbench. Repair kit is just do you can repair without a workbench and collecting the junk required.

Thx T. Must be yet another glitch with 76 so, as I can no longer repair anything at the workbenches. Was able to until recent update.....around the time of introduction of repair kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trial for this live on PS4 this week, download a huge ****ing file but need to sign into my Bethesda account first. Can't remember my password, go online, request new one but no email. Waiting waiting waiting, no email. Not even got to the menu yet and I already hate this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trial for this live on PS4 this week, download a huge ****ing file but need to sign into my Bethesda account first. Can't remember my password, go online, request new one but no email. Waiting waiting waiting, no email. Not even got to the menu yet and I already hate this game.

Check the spam folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Venom wrote: »
    Check the spam folder.

Nope nothing there other than hookers and dick pills. They do sound more fun than waiting for an email from Bethesda...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I really, really, really want to get this game as getting the platinum for Fallout 4 has me itching for more Fallout and currently the base game price for this is cheaper than the season pass for Fallout 4 lol
    However, I feel it would be wise to wait until they've added NPCs to the game.
    Has the game improved since launch at all?

Yes, massively.

And also, no....

Depends on whether the current patch has added new content, broken something that previously worked, fixed the last patch's problem or brought back a bug they'd previously removed...

Since they don't actually test anything before release it's a crapshoot whether a patch will improve or feck up the game.

There's been lots of good content added in the past year and generally stability is much better, though occasionally spotty. Most of the big game breaking bugs are things of the past (though some reappear occasionally when they patch them back in :rolleyes:)
    Also there are robot and mutant NPC's already (since day 1) - the big problem for me is that you have an "interact" button rather than an actual conversation with dialogue options, so the interactions are far too shallow.

Well had to check the date as fallout 76 is now getting a subscription service. You can have your own world for 100 a year. But you can invite your friend to your world.
    How bad can a company do with a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

seen that, Jim Sterling has a video up about it there too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That's incredible. Fallout 4 was a severe disappointment to me, I could tell that it was really designed to hawk microtransactions to you through the incredibly janky base building mechanic, but this is next level stuff.

Xbox Game Pass is 9.99 a month, and includes Fallout: New Vegas, and the Outer Worlds. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

The absolute state of it

Bethesda are as bad as 2k and EA at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Not leaving strong expectations for tes6 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I dont get it, why would you pay more money for an even emptier server? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The balls on them. The f*cking balls on them. Gotta hand it to them, that's an amazing move.

• Penn wrote: »
    The balls on them. The f*cking balls on them. Gotta hand it to them, that's an amazing move.

There was a great comment I saw somewhere saying something along the lines of 15 years ago I paid 10 a month to play a mmorpg with sever full of strangers and now I have to pay the same to do the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://web.archive.org/web/20191024101229/http://falloutfirst.com/

Bethesda forgot to register FallOutFirst.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    https://web.archive.org/web/20191024101229/http://falloutfirst.com/

Bethesda forgot to register FallOutFirst.com
    PSML at that :D
    PRIVATE WORLDS
    This ****ty community has been begging for the ability to play alone in private worlds since before the launch of Fallout 76 (like what a Fallout game should be), and we begrudgingly announce that they are coming to the game with Fallout **** YOU 1st. If you’re a Fallout **** YOU 1st slave, how you use your private world is completely up to you, as long as we allow it: Invite up to seven of your non-existent friends at a time (eight total people per private world) to join you while we screw you over with our pay to win system, or play completely solo (we know you like it like that anyway). All gameplay remains the same from Adventure (cuckold) Mode and all characters entering the Fallout **** YOU 1st private worlds must be existing characters.

Only the dumbass who bought this membership who owns the private world is required to be a Fallout **** YOU 1st slave. Head into your private world, open your Social menu once you’re inside our buggy beta version of a game, and start inviting your "friends" to kick off the ass pounding. You can also create a squad outside of your private world and then switch to it to bring everyone along at once (because everyone will do that). Should the idiot owner of the private world leave, the world will still stay active as long as one other dumb**** player in the world is a Fallout **** YOU 1st slave.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

World does need more Sex Tents

Haha it gets better, they even managed to **** up robbing 100 quid off people
    Fallout First is bugged as **** :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I have zero sympathy for anyone still giving Bethesda money or spending time on this yoke.

You've made your bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I have zero sympathy for anyone still giving Bethesda money or spending time on this yoke.

You've made your bed...

Absolutely. The writing has been on the wall for FO76 since before it even came out.

Normally an Elder Scrolls game is a day one purchase for me, but I won't be getting it at all at this stage, bar through non-legal means.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No surprise to anyone but the new paid for system is broken and buggy. Private servers aren't private and are recycled older servers that have already looted bodies in them and people's items are being eaten and disappearing into the void.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

I don't quite get the outrage as no-one is being forced to pay but I'm surprised at the move by Bethesda when they knew all the negative coverage it would bring.....over what is largely a dead horse anyway surely? Perhaps I am wrong. I'm one of those who bought it, played a few hours, and refunded it. It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't good and they went about it all wrong, squandering absolutely massive potential which is the most disappointing thing. I would consider it again when they add NPC's maybe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aah Fallout76, the game that simply keeps on giving. Hackers have now got a hack that lets them take EVERYTHING of you including items you've bought in the micro transaction store (i.e. not tradable skins etc.) and there's nothing you can do to stop it short of not playing... Live service at it's best.

Only on pc so that is okay as cheat engine can be used in a combative game. What idiots they think the fan base are.
    I was stupid enough to buy at launch and then went down in price two weeks later. Bugs on the final boss. Game crashing and then mirco transactions that are horrible.
    I wont buy at launch or any of their online games again.
    Hope more realise what a crap company they are and just know they can milk die hard fans. As people still paying 100 a year to play on reused servers with dead enemies.

Merry Christmas and play outer worlds as much better game.

Advertisement