Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Soldier shows a picture of the girl he left at home ... yep he gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Great trailer except the end...bloody antman, hate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭El Duda

OMG!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Quite a restrained trailer... zero action on display for an action movie. No "money shot".

Pity they included the stinger with Ant-man at the end. He was last seen stranded in the quantum-realm and now there he is knocking on Caps door.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

...bloody antman, hate him.

Boo, boo to you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Bacchus wrote: »
    Quite a restrained trailer... zero action on display for an action movie. No "money shot".

Pity they included the stinger with Ant-man at the end. He was last seen stranded in the quantum-realm and now there he is knocking on Caps door.

Pretty sure thats the reason the rest of it was restrained, as it would ruin the dredd left from infinity wars, not snippets of what everybody is doing throughout the movie. I'm glad they did this, its how all trailers should be done tbh, not mini versions of an entire movie.

And regarding ant man, im pretty sure he would carry a fail safe on him so he can transfer himself back, maybe uses one of the gadgets that brough him back in his first movie? :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nix wrote: »
    Pretty sure thats the reason the rest of it was restrained, as it would ruin the dredd left from infinity wars, not snippets of what everybody is doing throughout the movie. I'm glad they did this, its how all trailers should be done tbh, not mini versions of an entire movie.

And regarding ant man, im pretty sure he carries a fail safe on him so he can transfer himself back, maybe uses one of the gadgets that brough him back in his first movie? :confused:

He seemed to be stuck in the after credits scene but it doesn't really matter he was always going to be in this so an explanation will likely be given either through exposition or showing us what happened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

He's come back before, so I'm not sure why it's surprising to see him do so. The end of Ant Man and the Wasp, was more so about the others being gone, not that he didn't have them to bring him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

And regarding ant man, im pretty sure he would carry a fail safe on him so he can transfer himself back, maybe uses one of the gadgets that brough him back in his first movie? :confused:

Word! That was perfect. I wish they just let it be now in terms of trailers because unfortunately I don't have the discipline to not watch these bloody things whenever they're released.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,194 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah nothing was shown in that trailer that hasn't been heavily hinted at or leaked previously, including that Ant-Man's role will be very important and that Hawkeye returns but as Ronin (a role he had in the comics for a while). It's what makes it a great trailer, it gives nothing away that most fans didn't already know, but still sets the tone perfectly without giving away anything we didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like that. No major spoilers. Bravo.

Trailer 2 will make a balls of it though.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

I wonder if Spiderman trailer tomorrow will have any details in it about End game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Oh yeah, not saying it's a bad thing. I like the restraint of the trailer. It was well done.
    He's come back before, so I'm not sure why it's surprising to see him do so. The end of Ant Man and the Wasp, was more so about the others being gone, not that he didn't have them to bring him back.

Maybe... from the stinger though he seemed panicked/stranded. He needed them to pull him out.

Also, it's not that I'm surprised to see him out of the quantum realm, I just think it was an odd scene to show in the context of the rest of the trailer. It's just sort of killed whatever suspense there was about his fate after the snap. Minor quibble though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

EndGame will be released worldwide on April 26th. US release date was moved from previously released May 3rd 2019 date to April

Also, it's not that I'm surprised to see him out of the quantum realm, I just think it was an odd scene to show in the context of the rest of the trailer. It's just sort of killed whatever suspense there was about his fate after the snap. Minor quibble though.

I think it actually makes sense. We saw on the screens Banner was looking at that they thought Scott had been killed in the Snap (aka
    'The Decimation'
    according to sources). The fact that now Scott has somehow returned gives them a bit of hope, a sign that maybe somehow, what happened can be reversed or people brought back. While the rest of the trailer is them beaten, lost, largely aimless... Scott somehow coming back (seemingly after a decent period of time if Cap's first reaction was to question whether it was an old recording) is the glimmer of hope that will give them something to fight for.

Admittedly, the tone of it is jarring considering the rest of the trailer, but I think it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Any spoilers in the trailer if you've been saving Infinity War for Christmas viewing and therefore haven't seen it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,962 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He seemed to be stuck in the after credits scene but it doesn't really matter he was always going to be in this so an explanation will likely be given either through exposition or showing us what happened.

It looks like some time passes between the Snap and Ant-Man coming back.

1. Steve is clean shaven - a small thing but I doubt shaving was on his immediate priority list after the snap.
    2. We see a pic of Scott when they are talking about people lost - if that isn't a misdirection itself they won't have called him gone immediately. So there has to be some time where they are trying to find him.

Given Scott gets trapped at the exact moment of the snap, there are a few events that seem they need to take place before he gets to the Avengers HQ.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Any spoilers in the trailer if you've been saving Infinity War for Christmas viewing and therefore haven't seen it yet?

Yes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Trailer 1 is always the flavour, it's trailer 2 where you get the sauce. Which, depending on the studio, could mean a LOT of sauce (read, plot and spoilers).

I kinda liked the trailer at first blush: definitely seems to be setting the table a little, showing some semblance of aftermath over events. I know it's a big, bold and colourful comic universe but I hope they at least acknowledge the consequences when 50% of the world's population just vanishes. The world simply wouldn't keep spinning.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

1. Steve is clean shaven - a small thing but I doubt shaving was on his immediate priority list after the snap.
    2. We see a pic of Scott when they are talking about people lost - if that isn't a misdirection itself they won't have called him gone immediately. So there has to be some time where they are trying to find him.

Given Scott gets trapped at the exact moment of the snap, there are a few events that seem they need to take place before he gets to the Avengers HQ.

Yes so they can either explain all that through exposition or just showing us what happens like I said. I'd wager it will be the latter though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hurrache wrote: »

I'd be impressed if you still know nothing about the events of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What if Lang is
    a Skrull
    . :pac:

Also, who got him out of the Quantum Realm if Pym and Hope are turned to dust, his daughter maybe?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Trailer 1 is always the flavour, it's trailer 2 where you get the sauce. Which, depending on the studio, could mean a LOT of sauce (read, plot and spoilers).

I kinda liked the trailer at first blush: definitely seems to be setting the table a little, showing some semblance of aftermath over events. I know it's a big, bold and colourful comic universe but I hope they at least acknowledge the consequences when 50% of the world's population just vanishes. The world simply wouldn't keep spinning.

There was a shot at the Avengers HQ and it looked soulless, there was nobody around in what would usually be a very busy building, I think it set the tone of the trailer nicely.

This film could be 4hours long and I'd probably still hope for another 60mins. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    What if Lang is
    a Skrull
    . :pac:

Also, who got him out of the Quantum Realm if Pym and Hope are turned to dust, his daughter maybe?

If they searched for him - surely they would have found the test site they were at... and see the van/equipment. So they don't see anyone there and assume he was snapped. But they leave the van there? Surely they would have removed all the Pym stuff to HQ.... like that is some powerful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

The trailer shows that Shuri died in the snap too.

If they searched for him - surely they would have found the test site they were at... and see the van/equipment. So they don't see anyone there and assume he was snapped. But they leave the van there? Surely they would have removed all the Pym stuff to HQ.... like that is some powerful stuff.

Ya, thats a thing too, Lang was doing his own thing in the Quantum Realm to save Ava, so whoever found him and got him back must have known about it which narrows the list of non dusted people down considerably.

Presumed missing.......like Lang, who turns up 30secs later. :o

Could have been Luis who found the van after and stashed it somewhere. Ant-Man was never in that tight with any of the Avengers, and Pym especially was completely separate from them. Likely in the aftermath of the Snap, it would have taken them a while to even consider looking for Ant-Man, whereas someone like Luis might have gone straight to find Scott after the Snap.

As for how Scott gets out of the Quantum Realm, that's another story entirely.

My big question from the trailer; Who is Hawkeye standing over? Random goon or someone of importance? Don't recognise him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,729 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Wonder will they assume the same of Tony as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Sparko

I missed that the first time, only saw Scott and Peter Parker and didn't notice it was Shuri there before it changed.

Advertisement