Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

1179180181182183185»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

rugby wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D
    Sun more sun and more again , dont ya just love these bank holidays , chillin out in the garden , tunes pumping and pear cider on ice , happy dys :p

Everything apart from the pear cider!!!

Few glasses of white wine....few bottles of Heineken......nicccceeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭thelongwait

Emmm, Heineken!;);):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rugby

Sun again , wow its fab a tad hungover went from cider too beer not feeling the best :D whats everyone at for the long wkend , local 2night and beer garden 2mo bands playing for the dy woo hoo :p

Sun again , wow its fab a tad hungover went from cider too beer not feeling the best :D whats everyone at for the long wkend , local 2night and beer garden 2mo bands playing for the dy woo hoo :p

Work, work and work again!:(:(:(
    Ya have the life!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rugby

Work, work and work again!:(:(:(
    Ya have the life!!!:cool:

I feel you pain i used too work weekends a few yrs back , wouldnt do it now tho , hope the wkend goes fast for ya :D

• Advertisement

I feel you pain i used too work weekends a few yrs back , wouldnt do it now tho , hope the wkend goes fast for ya :D

Its not too bad, was off yesterday so spent the day in the sun! BBQ, loads of cans, happy days!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

How was everyones weekend?

Great win for the Dubs on Saturday:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Waiting for bated breath for Sundays thriller for Mayo to show Galway how real men play football! Also out of curiosity do I have any volunteers for Gaelforce West in Westport, 65km of mixed ability triathlon?! I'll stand you a pint in Matt Molloys pub if you join me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭kensey

C-J wrote: »
    Waiting for bated breath for Sundays thriller for Mayo to show Galway how real men play football! Also out of curiosity do I have any volunteers for Gaelforce West in Westport, 65km of mixed ability triathlon?! I'll stand you a pint in Matt Molloys pub if you join me!!

I'll join you C-J! Full plans on doing it in August, really looking forward to it. Based in Westport so I'll graciously accept that pint anytime! How is training?

Excellent! My cousins did it last year i met them afterwards and they were absolutely buzzing from it, so i'm definitely going to give it a go. Might have my brother on board too! Although I can swim, I'm not the biggest fan of it so i'm glad the kayaking is the alternative! Training is going well, although I know cycling and running in the gym is totally different to actually doing it out in the open, adrenaline will help tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

You should really be running on the roads C-J! There is a massive difference between road and treadmill.. treadmill forces movement and speed. Road running makes you set the tempo!

eroo wrote: »
    You should really be running on the roads C-J! There is a massive difference between road and treadmill.. treadmill forces movement and speed. Road running makes you set the tempo!

i do run on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Oh right.. I got the impression you didn't from your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

did anyone go to lisdoonvarna this september, great banter.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ranger1985

Just a quick question, it might have already been asked. If so I apologise. But does anyone know if the Emergency Response Unit has its own upper age limit seperate to the Garda age limit, due to the nature of the unit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Some information on the new training programme for when templemore opens again:
    The new Student/Probationer programme (BA in Applied Policing) was accredited by the Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC) in the Garda College on 23 September 2010. The BA in Applied Policing will implement the recommendations for best practice in police education
    and training, which resulted from the findings of the Garda Síochána Training and Development Review Group (2009). The programme will adopt a hybrid problem-based learning approach during training in the Garda College and a work-based learning approach when the student Gardaí are attached to operational divisions. Students will learn in small groups through engagement with realistic policing scenarios. Work on the development of content for the new BA in Applied Policing is currently underway in the Student/Probationer Faculty in the Garda College.

From the Garda Aunnual Report 2010 Im suprised I havent seen the above posted here before, but maybe it has been and I missed it.

Advertisement