Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**The wtf plumbing thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

anthonyos wrote: »
    Just a quick question for scudo how do you manage to keep up with the new boiler technology when your getting on in your years it must be hard on the oldr lads

will we ask to rename this the bash the oldies thread scudo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

jimf wrote: »
    jaysus would have done u just made me feel 90 :D:D only jokin

90-120 without the baffle.

U covered up the 120 part :-(

Just a quick question for scudo how do you manage to keep up with the new boiler technology when your getting on in your years it must be hard on the oldr lads

feck in theres never popcorn in my house when I need it :P

scudo2 wrote: »
    90-120 without the baffle.

U covered up the 120 part :-(

I feel like a c35 unserviced :P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

hope were all invited to the retirement party believe its been held in the inchydoney house hotel ;)

Cant wait to see him in the canary coloured suit (a la Bertie) as he walks along the strand with all the big wigs from the plumbing world. :eek:

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

Wearb wrote: »
    Cant wait to see him in the canary coloured suit (a la Bertie) as he walks along the strand with all the big wigs from the plumbing world. :eek:

we can all get new speedos ;)

don't think anthonyos is going or so ive been told

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

There will be one big wig missing not mentioning any names

wrong again top table afaik pride of place where would we be without our leader :p

Kerosene aftershave and boiler suits with and oily rag tugged in the jackek pocket

Naaaah! He'll come to Scudo's party. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

maybe we could start a new thread and everybody can fill in their age wont be many replies id say

what you think scudo will they be brave enough

Naaaah! He'll come to Scudo's party. :pac::pac::pac:

he feckin better we need the chopper to get home ;)

Look Scudo. This is as near as I can get to an un-thank button.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

What new technology? Self diagnostic control box (it will never fly) did someone reinvent the combustion process (hygrogen burner) secondary heat exchanger( hardly new tech been around since the seventys afaik).

Look Scudo. This is as near as I can get to an un-thank button.

you would discover it and worse still you told him about it :eek:

esox28 wrote: »
    What new technology? Self diagnostic control box (it will never fly) did someone reinvent the combustion process (hygrogen burner) secondary heat exchanger( hardly new tech been around since the seventys afaik).

Id say your great crack to work with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

A bit of respect here lads :mad: There's nothing wrong with being over 66 and retired. I spent the last few sunny days cleaning up my boat and getting ready for a long hot summer :) No more hours on my knees, freezing / wet days, smelly boilers for me :D Heading to Cork to see grandchildren on Friday. Using free travel :p and won't have car, so can't meet scudo this time :(
    Jim.

you would discover it and worse still you told him about it :eek:

Might have saved a lot of trouble if I found it a few months ago.

btw. Just searched for the packman emoticon meaning....it seems I am well entitled to use it. It is a retro smiley from a time when we all remembered that as an advanced computer game. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

JamesM wrote: »
    A bit of respect here lads :mad: There's nothing wrong with being over 66 and retired. I spent the last few sunny days cleaning up my boat and getting ready for a long hot summer :) No more hours on my knees, freezing / wet days, smelly boilers for me :D Heading to Cork to see grandchildren on Friday. Using free travel :p and won't have car, so can't meet scudo this time :(
    Jim.

good for you jamesm enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Id say your great crack to work with

Ah yea, I don't deny it! Crack is for the weekend.

Attack the posts and not the poster (and all that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Jaysus... turned on the phone to see a few new pages on the WTF, opened them up hoping to see loads of pics of disastrous workmanship only to find its turned into an ageism thread :D:D:D
    Gave me a good laugh... sooo I am almost exactly halfway between Scudo and Jim ;)
    Edit: (In years, not geographicaly)

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Jaysus... turned on the phone to see a few new pages on the WTF, opened them up hoping to see loads of pics of disastrous workmanship only to find its turned into an ageism thread :D:D:D
    Gave me a good laugh... sooo I am almost exactly halfway between Scudo and Jim ;)

New photo near the bottom of page 11 at 9.43pm 12/3/14

Posted before the hand bag brigade got going.

Another photo for you. It's OUTDOOR "but" boiler photos 4214 058.jpg (in a shed) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I had to rescue one of the lads today. He was trying to unblock a sewer. 17 rods with a 4" rubber plate in and nothing. He went to pull them out. Only 4 came out. Is there anything worse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I had to rescue one of the lads today. He was trying to unblock a sewer. 17 rods with a 4" rubber plate in and nothing. He went to pull them out. Only 4 came out. Is there anything worse

That's the worst feelin. Happened me once but it was only the rubber plate that was left behind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

corkgsxr wrote: »

Me nose is at me... how did he get the other 13 out?:)

scudo2 wrote: »
    Another photo for you. It's OUTDOOR "but" boiler photos 4214 058.jpg (in a shed) !!

now that deserves its place in the wtf thread good jesus

Here's 1/2" qual joining 10mm copper.........on an oil line

Forgot to add the actual pic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

:)

Advertisement