Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap DVD Writer in Ireland

• 06-06-2003 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Compustore are doing DVD writers for €199!!! It's a steal..

The drives are Mirror, which is a rebranded Nec drive. They are +R/+RW 2.4x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pfitz

pity about the cost of dvd+r media
    better of gettin a dvd-r writer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

theres a deal on at Back From The Future on Aungier St.

not sure of the full specs, but it does DVD-R, RW & CDR's. 249 yo yos and includes 2 DVD-R disks too

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Originally posted by pfitz
    better of gettin a dvd-r writer

Ehhhr, nope

unless you want to end up with a piece of obsolete hardware in a few months time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by unkel
    Ehhhr, nope

unless you want to end up with a piece of obsolete hardware in a few months time :rolleyes:

Wakey wakey kid , DVD-R is to DVD media what CD-R was to cd media , it won't be going anywhere. ;)

carb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

You're all missing the best deal going....say what you like about the merits of the (betamax-esque) DVD+R or (mmm...nice) DVD-R format...

Komplett:

NEC 1300 combo CD/DVD(+-)R/RW (up to 4x)for EUR259 inc. VAT

It's a winner at dinner

RC

erm, betamax whipped VHS's ass in quality;)

oh, and ye cant walk into komplett, but you can the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

if you live out in the woods like me mail order is a godsend ,bettter than 50 mile drive to pompustore

LOL, I live in Dublin but dont have a credit card.

Me shakes fist!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

James Melody I believe you work for compustore?
    If so this is against the rules of this board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Yes I work for Compustore, however I thought this was a particularly good deal. I ran this by Vexorg, explaining the situation beforehand, and he said go ahead.

I have not to my knowledge met Blade before. And I resent having my occupation splattered across the forum. A simple PM or email would have been advisable before "naming and shaming" me.

Blade please think before you act in future.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Name and shame???? You'd be in the sin bin if that was the case. My post was very polite and I'm just doing my job here. I don't PM people who break the rules and you'll find thats the normal procedure around here. I didn't know you had that cleared with Vexorg so get off your high horse.

Well can you tell me how you know who I work for? And also why you think you can let everyone know?

I'm not trying to be a git but, I followed the rules, and I don't like personal information relating to me being given out.

You were reported.

Also I asked you in my post to confirm if you worked for them, you're the one who said you did.

Originally posted by Blade
    James Melody I believe you work for compustore?
    If so this is against the rules of this board.

That looks like a rhetorical question to me... You can justify your actions however you choose, I believe you have acted out of line.

And if I reported another member as being a thief, would you post

"Bill Bloggs I believe you are a thief?

If so this is against the rules of this board"

Theres a bit of a difference between asking someone if they're a thief and asking someone to confirm they're a compustore employee.

When I was told this, I told them I needed proof and their response was satisfactory enough for me. Seemed to know you pretty well. So I came here and asked first, I'm not going to PM everyone whos breaking the rules here regardless if they got permission to do so without me knowing about it. Now if you don't mind I've better things to be doing on a Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i doubt pompustore are payin him enough to promote their products on the side

I know that, but when I receive complaints I have to follow them up. If I didn't there would have been complaints about me not doing so, as has happened in the past!

I personally have no problem with it and even if I knew he worked for them before hand and there was no complaints I wouldn't have said anything. But when someone complains and a rule is in fact being broken I have to say something. I can't come here and say 'ok look it's ok for you to do it but no one else'.

I think the rules need a little tweaking on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Is this DVD writer avaialble in all compustores or just the dublin one

Regards

Shin

I won't discuss Compustore in any way on boards. I come here as a private individual. If you have any questions you may ring Compustore. The number is freely available.

• Advertisement

No need to get snotty about it just asking

Regards

Shin

Sorry, I didn't mean that to come across as snotty. I just want to distance myself from my workplace. I really don't want it to cross over into this area of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

How was that meant to help tribble?

at least the other guys having a go were making valid points.

Comments like yours dont help at all.

cheers
    merc

Originally posted by James Melody
    Sorry, I didn't mean that to come across as snotty. I just want to distance myself from my workplace. I really don't want it to cross over into this area of my life.

ok nps

Regards
    Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement