Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Sports Fantasy Football thread - 2019/20 Winner is Donegal1234

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sitting just inside the top 1k as we speak. 28/40 transfers remaining. Salah(C) today if he does the business it will ease the pain of not having him in fpl :pac: :D

Up to the lofty heights of 439th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Doing superb manual man. A lot if those above you will have burned a lot more transfers.

At 20k myself ... only made my 4th transfer on Saturday. Need to start putting more effort in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

4.1k myself.
    35 transfers remaining.
    First time playing it.
    Not sure if I like it compared to FPL.
    Very secretive, not being able to see other players teams which are Private. I suppose it stops lower teams copying those of the leaders.
    Will keep playing as long as I am doing OK!

Can you see how many players are in the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is it possible to find how many transfers other teams have done

• Advertisement

Doing superb manual man. A lot if those above you will have burned a lot more transfers.

At 20k myself ... only made my 4th transfer on Saturday. Need to start putting more effort in this one.
    Seaba wrote: »
    4.1k myself.
    35 transfers remaining.
    First time playing it.
    Not sure if I like it compared to FPL.
    Very secretive, not being able to see other players teams which are Private. I suppose it stops lower teams copying those of the leaders.
    Will keep playing as long as I am doing OK!

Can you see how many players are in the competition?

Thanks. You guys are in a good spot too with so little transfers used. I have 26/40 remaining now, so i've burned a fair few, overall FSA folks doing pretty decent. I'm curious though how many total players are in the game. I haven't seen it anywhere

90pts, up to 223 overall

373 O.R. 6/40 transfers remaining

Anyone want to set up a league for this season? :)

Didn't do the sky sports one last year but I'll definitely do it this time around.

• Advertisement

The ultimate weekly game will be fun,no budget,no limits,just pick what u think will be the best 11 that week, 100k a week if ur very lucky,Thommo just picked 11 liverpool players

The ultimate weekly game will be fun,no budget,no limits,just pick what u think will be the best 11 that week, 100k a week if ur very lucky,Thommo just picked 11 liverpool players

Sounds fun alright. The idea of pick whatever players you want from week to week has always seemed fantasy football at it's purest to me.

I noticed in the regular game you can set a league up to be paid entry: £2/£5/£10/£20. You need to have a skybet account to enter such a league(i do - i'm not sure about anyone else).

The ultimate is different from the actual sky football season one. No.?

The ultimate is different from the actual sky football season one. No.?

yep,u pick a new team every week

Ok i've renewed the Boards FSA league for this season

PIN 8430565 feel free to join

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Have entered this again this season, thanks for setting the league up!

Rolling with this starting out:

Ederson
    TAA VVD Laporte Coleman
    Tielemans Grealish Norwood
    Auba Pukki Sterling

8 players signed up for the Boards FSA league

and please enter ONE team only to the league (technically it's possible to enter two)

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Edited op to include this years code.

Bumping this up. 9 entries in the Boards league so far. Be nice if we could get to 20

• Advertisement

I’ll be making it 10 soonðŸ†

Rules explanation, pasted from the general chat thread:

The rules are different from official fpl but not difficult to understand. There's a few key differences:

You don't have subs. You just select your best eleven from the 100m budget. You have 40 transfers for the whole season. These can be used at any time, with the exception that no more than 5 can be used in a single game week.

You can set a captain for every day there's a league game on(granted you have a player playing on that day).

Points are allocated for goals assists and clean sheets but there are also extra points on offer for passing, tackling and shooting counts(it makes some of the more defensive minded midfielders more viable for example).

3 bonus points are given to whoever's awarded man of the match.

The nature of how the transfer system works along with the ability to have multiple captains in a gameweek is a key part of the strategy. You can set your captains in advance for each gameweek so it's not so stressful - however if you make a transfer during the gameweek(which you can do, right up until the earliest kickoff on any given day), you may wish to change your captain as part of your strategy. Just for example, you may have Salah and captain him for the Saturday game. Then, before first kickoff on Sunday, you may transfer Kane in for him, thus having 2 really good captain choices over those 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I like the captain every day rule, it makes watching games more interesting.

This is my team at the moment:
    Ederson
    Coleman VVD Zinchenko Guilbert
    Jota(Wolves) Maddison Fraser
    Auba Salah Sterling

It's much easier to make a strong team in this game if you sign up a cheap enabler like Guilbert.

Yeah I like the idea of a cheap enabler. Boly was good last season. This season I’m starting out with Norwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Also worth noting you get a wild card in week 5 so you are only picking a team for the 1st 4 weeks now.

With the free wildcard gw5 I’ve changed my team up a little:

Ederson
    VVD Zinchenko Coleman
    Grealish Tielemans Norwood KDB Jota
    Kane Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Count me in,just joined!

Big fan of the SS and have played it for about 10 years.

... but the motm points awarding drives me mad. There's no rhyme or reason to it and if your players happens to be playing in a sky televised match then good luck unless they happen to be the media's latest darling for the national side (insert Kane, Lingard, Rashford, Alli, TAA here) as it's decided by one of the match commentators/pundits.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Not letting me join, entering correct pin. Anyone else having issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    With the free wildcard gw5 I’ve changed my team up a little:

Ederson
    VVD Zinchenko Coleman
    Grealish Tielemans Norwood KDB Jota
    Kane Sterling

I'm planning to have Salah for the Friday night game then swap him out for Sterling on the Sat. City have two games then before Pool play again.

Advertisement