Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

With everyone switching to the smaller guinness multipacks, how long before supplies of the normal widget run out altogether?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

showpony1 wrote: »
    nowhere has had that since about middle of lockdown
    Diageo Ireland is no longer the distributor for Bud here and stopped brewing it earlier in the year. It's now part of the C&C portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Quackster wrote: »
    Diageo Ireland is no longer the distributor for Bud here and stopped brewing it earlier in the year. It's now part of the C&C portfolio.

Yep, full details here

https://candcgroupplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CC.BBGPressRelease.04.03.20.FINAL_.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Farrell D wrote: »
    Im really liking the Murphys now, have had a few of them lately.
    Got 4 Beamish at the weekend and its probably more "tastful" than the other two.

I find the beamish more bitter then the Guinness maybe it was just the can, haven't had a Murphy's in a can yet I know you can but a single can of kilkenny drought in supervalu cant see it anywhere else[/QUOTE]

Beamish is a bitter drink but has a taste unlike Guinness which I find terribly bland especially out of a can. Speaking of which are Beamish cans ever on offer? Always seems to be €2 per can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

rob316 wrote: »

Beamish is a bitter drink but has a taste unlike Guinness which I find terribly bland especially out of a can. Speaking of which are Beamish cans ever on offer? Always seems to be €2 per can

Beamish are 8 for €10 in Lidl from time to time, including right now as it happens, but I think that probably runs out this evening so you'll need to be quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Lidl doing Beamish 8 cans for 10 euro.

Edit: got here before me Cython :-)))

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

cython wrote: »
    Beamish are 8 for €10 in Lidl from time to time, including right now as it happens, but I think that probably runs out this evening so you'll need to be quick!

Oh nice one thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

This thread has turned into a car wreck......Anyhoo - some Whiskey DEALS
    • Redbreast 12yo down to €55 in O'Briens
    • Black Barrell €30 Tesco
    • 3 Swallows €30 Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 81,140 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco crate deals were finishing today, unsure if they will just refresh the dates on the offer for another few weeks.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Freedom of movement only applies to people not goods.
    No, the EU Single Market consists of four fundamental freedoms; people, goods, capital and services. But there are exceptions like with excisable goods.

The question is what's gonna happen with regards bringing alcohol across the border come January 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If you bring it over yourself it is OK up to quite a high amount. Send it by courier and it is subject to duty and VAT even if the UK are still in the UK which they are not. However, during the transition period that ends on Dec 31st, it is as if they were still in the EU.

I have news for you pal.
    The UK will forever remain in the UK until such time as they may decide to disband the Kingdom.

Noticed a fair few unusual Gins in Musgraves today all marked down by 25%. Not a Gin drinker so couldn't tell you much more than they looked more craft type than the mass market stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Farrell D

Who ever posted 12 cans of Guinness in dunnes cheers just picked up two packs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Talisker going on sale from tomorrow in Tescos for €30 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just back from Tesco, the Roe & Co is going up from 25 to 30 euro at midnight for anyone still contemplating it!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Colking wrote: »
    Talisker going on sale from tomorrow in Tescos for €30 a bottle.

What’s the Talliaker like.

What does it compare with. Very smokey???

FLOOPER wrote: »

Its one of my favourites. Lovely peaty/smoky whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

FLOOPER wrote: »

Its one of my favourites. Lovely peaty/smoky whiskey.

I'm with Gilberto here, its beautiful, smoky with a bit of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Use code HAMPER50 for 50% off the Guinness gift sets: https://shop.guinness-storehouse.com/collections/frontpage

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Use code HAMPER50 for 50% off the Guinness gift sets: https://shop.guinness-storehouse.com/collections/frontpage

Was going for one of these, then got to checkout and shipping is €9.95!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

Tullamore Dew in a presentation box 2 nice glasses.20 euro Tesco Tullamore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What’s the cut off time at night , u can buy drink in the supermarket on a weekday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

fin12 wrote: »
    What’s the cut off time at night , u can buy drink in the supermarket on a weekday?

Used to be same as the off licences at 10pm but not sure nowadays what time off licences close at.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,140 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Used to be same as the off licences at 10pm but not sure nowadays what time off licences close at.

Yes still 10pm, did not let the new saloon doors confuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yes still 10pm, did not let the new saloon doors confuse you.

Actually the lidl ones are very good, they are automatic so no touching lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

fin12 wrote: »
    Actually the lidl ones are very good, they are automatic so no touching lol.

Not all of them, some need a manual push to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

box of 20 x 330ml hop house in Tesco down to 15e . expires 6th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

Not all of them, some need a manual push to open.

Technically, you are correct. But, minimal effort is required

Reference: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115316660&postcount=9561

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

still 10 as said but offies are closing earlier these days (i.e. non supermarket offies like o briens, this is their current hours
    Store Opening Hours

Mon-Wed; 12-8pm

Thur-Sat: 12-9pm

Sunday: 12.30-7pm )

It starts selling at 10.30am in the morning, I had 10 in my head and had to wait around 5mins one morning until I could buy it, I was hitting the shop early to avoid queues in the first lockdown.

Lucky that brilliant law had me wait 5mins, otherwise I would have been swigging vodka by the neck and kicking off fights in the carpark outside at 10.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

aidz wrote: »
    box of 20 x 330ml hop house in Tesco down to 15e . expires 6th Dec

Good booze deal there.

That would be Best Before not Expires so fine for over the Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Webpage saying all the 50% Hampers are redeemed but can still get 10% off:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement