Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Get a ring or eufy doorbell or similar, at least in future you would know.

Was it signed for, if not ask why not unless under the covid they're going to use that as an excuse.

I have CCTV but it is to far back in time for me to check the footage is wiped over, I’ll get a smart doorbell so this doesn’t happen again.

I’ll check with them has it been signed if not then it wasn’t delivered as far as I am concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd definitely follow up on who and where took it if that information is available.

Would you not have 30 days of footage?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers forum

I'd definitely follow up on who and where took it if that information is available.

Would you not have 30 days of footage?

Yes because it will happen again in the future.

It doesn’t go back that far, I’ve 4 1080p IP cameras recording 247 I think is h265 I must check but the HDD is only 500gb. I must have a look at the whole config but I want to change it, I opened a thread in the home security forum but I am waiting for someone to reply. :)

L1011 wrote: »
    Moved to Couriers forum

Thanks I didn’t now that existed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

stevek93 wrote: »
    Yes because it will happen again in the future.

It doesn’t go back that far, I’ve 4 1080p IP cameras recording 247 I think is h265 I must check but the HDD is only 500gb. I must have a look at the whole config but I want to change it, I opened a thread in the home security forum but I am waiting for someone to reply. :)

Swap out for 1tb if possible.

External storage possiblity maybe.

Swap out for 1tb if possible.

External storage possiblity maybe.

I put the 500gb in it so I’ll get a 3tb as I’ve ordered another 3 cameras anyway we are going completely of topic for this thread, but thanks for the advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 b481

Really odd tracking history. No email for any customs, have emailed them about it to no response.

pasteboard. co/JRUMjqH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kogrady

Seems that they are getting up to date now

Item delivered to UK hub yesterday 11.50am 10th
    Email with tracking and €6.50 charged 9.15pm 10th
    Customs payment request email today 11th 16.56 pm
    (Customs charged seemed about right to what I paid -not sure if the seller included an invoice)
    Paid customs today 11th 17.34pm

Will update once it’s delivered but so far so good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Item delivered to them on 23 January with VAT queried arrived on Monday...one more that was queried a day or two earlier, a refund, and compensation for an item that was damaged since opening and repacking still to go....

The excitement is killing me....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm tired chasing An Post at this stage- is there a physical address I can use for a small claims procedure?
    I've one laptop delivered broken- and one laptop delivered to Englishtown in PA- that has completely and utterly vanished.
    I'm out EUR 500-600 at this stage- and I keep getting promised that my case has been escalated to management etc when I ring- and then nothing.........
    My two US orders with problems are dated 5th Jan and 21st Jan.
    I'm going around and around and around- in a wonderful merry-go-round with An Post.

Is small claims court my only option- or do I have any other remedies open to me?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think you can only claim for the cost of the service, not the cost of the product.. You should should check it out on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

I'm tired chasing An Post at this stage- is there a physical address I can use for a small claims procedure?

I've been emailing them and conversing with them via Facebook as well. I've asked several times now for an email address or contact name so that I can escalate my complaint as I am getting nowhere with customer service since the start of February. So far I am just getting fobbed off with requests for the same information again and again - date of first complaint/query, copy of an invoice, name and addresspal identifier etc. Absolutely dreadful customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

i can safely say I will never use addresspal again after this package arrives, all packages from the uk when ordered direct are arriving before the addresspal ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7 b481

They’re just not responding to my emails now - pack of idiots altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

I've gotten this response "Unfortunately due to the volume of items the re-evaluations are taking longer than originally anticipated. We are working through a backlog and aim to have the re-evaluation of your item complete at the soonest date. Your item will not be returned while being re-evaluated. We will update you in due course."

They really need to consider pausing/temporarily suspending Addresspal in the UK till they have caught up and put in place a quicker more efficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

paulie1983 wrote: »
    I've gotten this response "Unfortunately due to the volume of items the re-evaluations are taking longer than originally anticipated. We are working through a backlog and aim to have the re-evaluation of your item complete at the soonest date. Your item will not be returned while being re-evaluated. We will update you in due course."

They really need to consider pausing/temporarily suspending Addresspal in the UK till they have caught up and put in place a quicker more efficient service.

Strange that they have a backlog and we now in Mid-March!!
    Reading this thread - it seems people have stopped using AP til they get their act together - so where is this backlog coming from. Surely - people 'in the know' have stopped using them til we see some clarity of their calculations etc ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Masala wrote: »
    Strange that they have a backlog and we now in Mid-March!!
    Reading this thread - it seems people have stopped using AP til they get their act together - so where is this backlog coming from. Surely - people 'in the know' have stopped using them til we see some clarity of their calculations etc ???

The problem is that most UK retailers will only sell to UK addresses or want a kings ransom to send items over here. This was inevitable really as the Tsunami of internet shopping to Ireland was diverted exclusively into Addresspal. It might die down after July when the Vat limit of 22 euro is abolished.
    In reality, the EU should move into the 21 st century, accept that internet shopping is here to stay and allow allow duty free shopping up to $1000 just like Australia does.

Sorry I'm sure this question has been answered multiple times, but is VAT of 23% calculated on (item price + any applicable UK delivery fee to Addresspal) or 23% on (item price + any delivery fee to Addresspal + €6.50)?

i.e. should the total cost of my item to be delivered to my Irish address be:

1) item price + any applicable UK delivery fee to Addresspal + 0.23*(item price + any applicable UK delivery fee to Addresspal) + €6.50 + €3.50
    or
    2) item price + any applicable UK delivery fee to Addresspal + 0.23*(item price + any applicable UK delivery fee to Addresspal +€6.50) + €6.50 + €3.50

Cheers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

See first post in thread.

whiterebel wrote: »
    See first post in thread.

Hmmm I can't see anything that answers my question in the first post. Care to help a guy out? :)

Hi
    Can I ask please.

I want to buy an item from Amazon UK. It won't ship to Ireland and it isn't available on any other Amazon EU site at that price.

The item costs £87-14.

Can I ship it to An Post Address Pal to get it to me here?

How much extra would I have to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TheTorment wrote: »
    Hi
    Can I ask please.

I want to buy an item from Amazon UK. It won't ship to Ireland and it isn't available on any other Amazon EU site at that price.

The item costs £87-14.

€6.50 per parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

€6.50 per parcel.

Plus 23% vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hi
    Can I ask please.

The item costs £87-14.

You should post a link. For all we know this is coming in from China to the UK, so you would be stung for VAT getting into the an post depot, then stung for VAT coming into Ireland.

Also it could be zero rated or prohibited by an post.

rubadub wrote: »
    You should post a link. For all we know this is coming in from China to the UK, so you would be stung for VAT getting into the an post depot, then stung for VAT coming into Ireland.

Also it could be zero rated or prohibited by an post.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G3CJZZ0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1OIR8OY0Z0JCY&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

could be issues if an post check, the outside of the box might have warnings too.
    https://www.growell.co.uk/pest-control-plant-health/pest-control/hotbox-sulfume.html
    IMPORTANT NOTE: We cannot send/supply sulphur to any UK offshore destination including Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Islands (Western Isles, Orkney, Shetland, etc) Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Channel Isles. This is due to the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) code.

Mod-Moving this over to the AddressPal thread. Take time to read the first post in the thread and the charter regarding prohibited articles.

• Advertisement

"The AddressPal Fee is added to the Value to give an amount for VAT/Duty. The 3.50 is added after."
    Value+€6.50 @23%; Then add €3.50

Advertisement